Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 11:15 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,036,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
When a person comes to acknowledge Christ ("every knee shall bow") they will also be presented before the throne of God "spotless." This spotlessness is achieved through acknowledging, "Jesus is Lord."
Again, you didn't address the fact that it says that EVERYONE will confess that Jesus is Lord. It doesn't say SOME will - it says that EVERY Tongue shall confess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
God created Adam, and his seed filled the earth. His sin filled the earth, but that sin got him a ticket out of the garden.

Covenant! Kosmos - His government, the garden.

Your view is Eisegetical. You have shown the inability to stay within the context of Covenantal Creation.
You didn't even address what I wrote.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:16 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,440,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Again, you didn't address the fact that it says that EVERYONE will confess that Jesus is Lord. It doesn't say SOME will - it says that EVERY Tongue shall confess.
The question that you haven't addressed is who God is speaking to in Isa 45?

Israel. Covenantal Israel.

Now, who is Paul speaking about in Romans 14?

Gentiles. He is preaching the Gospel to the pagan world, because why?

Because the partition had been removed, and the "grafting" of Gentiles into the Holy stump began to take place.

Covenantal True Israel.

You miss the entire premise of scripture.
It is about "His" people.
The reblellious and ungodly are not His people. This included the Jewish clergy. They are of the Devil. This is what Christ taught.

Christ died for everyone, yes. But there is something that everyone must do. You don't get a free pass for not believing. This is not Biblical.
This is not Covenantal.
They must accept Christ. Then you are grafted into that covenant, and are the recipient of the blessings God had promised for His people.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
You didn't even address what I wrote.
Yes I did. I refuted your claim of:

Quote:
Now if God created us to be His Children from the very beginning then you can bet it shall come to pass for ALL of us - EVERYONE!!!
His people are Israel. Old Covenant and New Covenant.
That is the message. That is Biblical.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:34 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,407,986 times
Quote:
Do you really believe that God must rely on our choice? WOW - who is the real god in your thinking?
The God who wrote the Bible, I'm sorry you can't say the same.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
The question that you haven't addressed is who God is speaking to in Isa 45?

Israel. Covenantal Israel.

Now, who is Paul speaking about in Romans 14?

Gentiles. He is preaching the Gospel to the pagan world, because why?

Because the partition had been removed, and the "grafting" of Gentiles into the Holy stump began to take place.

Covenantal True Israel.

You miss the entire premise of scripture.
It is about "His" people.
The reblellious and ungodly are not His people. This included the Jewish clergy. They are of the Devil. This is what Christ taught.

Christ died for everyone, yes. But there is something that everyone must do. You don't get a free pass for not believing. This is not Biblical.
This is not Covenantal.
They must accept Christ. Then you are grafted into that covenant, and are the recipient of the blessings God had promised for His people.
God is speaking to everyone in Isaiah 45. You keep trying to limit who He is speaking to in everything that I have seen you discuss. You have constantly broke this verse:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Now are you going to continue to say that this and that only applies to SOME as you have been doing?

Now tell me - Why CAN'T God persuade some people to repent?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Yes I did. I refuted your claim of:

His people are Israel. Old Covenant and New Covenant.
That is the message. That is Biblical.
He created everyone - not just physical Israel. Again, if He created everyone for the very purpose of being His Children then all shall eventually be ISRAEL. That is what you don't get. There is your covenant for you.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The God who wrote the Bible, I'm sorry you can't say the same.
Really, sure I can. So what about Esau? How is that for your choice?

Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

How can that be? So much for choice. You don't seem to get it that God - NOT YOU - NOT ANYONE ELSE - determines when to save you.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
God is speaking to everyone in Isaiah 45. You keep trying to limit who He is speaking to in everything that I have seen you discuss. You have constantly broke this verse:
In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

You have been corrected.

Quote:
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Now are you going to continue to say that this and that only applies to SOME as you have been doing?

What that means is that, through the Holy Spirit, God revealed Himself and his plans to particular individuals, who wrote down his message for his people. That doesn't mean that they went into a trance, and God moved their hands to write. Using their own minds, talents, language, and style, God led them to write what needed to be written. The claim of the Bible is that God was in control of its writing.
Verse 18: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Quote:
Now tell me - Why CAN'T God persuade some people to repent?
He can, and does, by the gift of hearing the gospel.
Then that man is saved.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
He created everyone - not just physical Israel. Again, if He created everyone for the very purpose of being His Children then all shall eventually be ISRAEL. That is what you don't get. There is your covenant for you.
Adam was created outside of the garden.
He was brought into the garden, the covenant of God.
He was cast out of the garden because he broke that covenant.
Christ came and shed His blood to redeem that covenant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity