Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the two philosophies is the worst, i.e. the most harmful?
Atheism: There is no God. 24 48.00%
Universalism: God intends to save all of humanity. 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:52 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I never said this was a Bible quote
It is not the LAST DAYS.
When Jesus comes back to claim the WORLD people will be very surprised and that time will be very unforgiving for some and along road for others to realize "Jesus Is Lord".
You can ignore the place of Hell. That Jesus says He has come and has the keys to "Death and Hades"!! I don't think God will be in this place.
Are you serious.......you believe this is only on the net. This CHURCH exists in England.......it's the real deal the actual Church of Satan with plenty of followers. You really must open your eyes to the WORLD and not your INTERNET for information.

Let me direct you to Revelations 21:10-27 tells us all about what Heaven will look like. We don't have to sit and obsess about Heaven. God has already given us an insight.

If God didn't want us to use our imagination He wouldn't have given us one.
Peace is such a LIBERIAL way of thinking. I grew up in the 60's and 70's so put your PEACE sign away.

Jesus tells us there will be no PEACE until He comes. My message is to hope people except the LOVE of Christ, that He is the Saviour and to know that He is the ONLY way to Heaven if you follow the Bible.
You say "that He is the ONLY way to Heaven" and then qualify it with "if you follow the Bible"... what exactly does that mean? Does that mean there is another way if you don't follow the Bible?

Or what if you follow the spirit of the Bible and not the interpretations of others? What if God has the power to make all people whole... would your god do that or would he wait for the people to notice they need to be whole?

Is God on an ego trip where he needs to prove himself?

I am confused as to how you think only a few or so will be saved when it is clearly God's intention to save all.. What is stopping God from getting what he wants?

I can be a diva and I get what I want... what about God.. is he unable to make all people clean?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM

43 posts, read 47,926 times
willieH: Hi Raelyn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
To deny or not walk in the Spirit is walking in the Flesh. We either live according to the Spirit or we live according to the flesh.

One brings life the other death and this is OUR CHOICE...
So according to you, Salvation [LIFE] is OBTAINED by YOUR CHOICE, and is therefore not a GIFT given by CHRIST...

Sorry, but your theology is really in DIRECT CONTRADICTION to the WORD...

We must come to the WORD, and the WORD is what SAVES US... This IS NOT within the ability of a "CHOICE" which is made by SINFUL men/women:

John 6:44 -- NO MAN --- CAN --- COME to Me, ...EXCEPT... the Father which sent Me, draw [DRAG in Greek] Him to Me... and I will raise him up at the last day.

...willieH

Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 PM

97 posts, read 120,540 times
Didn't vote in the poll....

Christ is everything. It makes no difference if you believe that there is a God or not unless you believe that you need Christ!

As for me, I put all my faith in Christ.

I'll let God judge the atheist and Universalist.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
You say "that He is the ONLY way to Heaven" and then qualify it with "if you follow the Bible"... what exactly does that mean? Does that mean there is another way if you don't follow the Bible?

Or what if you follow the spirit of the Bible and not the interpretations of others? What if God has the power to make all people whole... would your god do that or would he wait for the people to notice they need to be whole?
Yes, I said " Jesus is the Only way to Heaven..........
John 14:6 [Jesus speaking] "I am the way, the truth, and the life: No man cometh unto the father, but by me".
Acts 4:12 [Peter telling the crowd about Jesus] "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
1 John 2:23 "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."
Romans 5:21 "That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord."
1 John 5:11 "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."
John 3:16-18
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17]For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Is this enough scripture to hold TRUE!!!

The reason I said if you follow the BIBLE..... this is the belief, is because the Bible is the only one to claim the word of Jesus.

If you don't read,believe or follow the Bible then of course you wouldn't believe this. The Bible is our only real connection to those that came in contact with God or Jesus. Read the BOLD print very carefully. If I read the Koran, or Torah then I wouldn't believe this.

Quote:
Is God on an ego trip where he needs to prove himself?
Some people say, the darnest things go figure!!!

Quote:
I am confused as to how you think only a few or so will be saved when it is clearly God's intention to save all.. What is stopping God from getting what he wants?
Yes, it is God's intentions to SAVE ALL, but not ALL want to be SAVED. This is not my doing.

Quote:
I can be a diva and I get what I want... what about God.. is he unable to make all people clean?
Even Diva's realize they are not all THAT, how about you??

God doesn't get what HE wants, He's not a God of Diva's. HE has given us Freedom of Choice and by HIS GRACE we have been SAVED, through the Blood of Christ.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yes, I said " Jesus is the Only way to Heaven..........
John 14:6 [Jesus speaking] "I am the way, the truth, and the life: No man cometh unto the father, but by me".
Acts 4:12 [Peter telling the crowd about Jesus] "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
1 John 2:23 "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."
Romans 5:21 "That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord."
1 John 5:11 "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."
John 3:16-18
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17]For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Is this enough scripture to hold TRUE!!!

The reason I said if you follow the BIBLE..... this is the belief, is because the Bible is the only one to claim the word of Jesus.

If you don't read,believe or follow the Bible then of course you wouldn't believe this. The Bible is our only real connection to those that came in contact with God or Jesus. Read the BOLD print very carefully. If I read the Koran, or Torah then I wouldn't believe this.

Some people say, the darnest things go figure!!!

Yes, it is God's intentions to SAVE ALL, but not ALL want to be SAVED. This is not my doing.

Even Diva's realize they are not all THAT, how about you??

God doesn't get what HE wants, He's not a God of Diva's. HE has given us Freedom of Choice and by HIS GRACE we have been SAVED, through the Blood of Christ.
So God WANTS to save all but he can't?

Who is doing the saving? God or the person being saved?

If it is the choice of the person then they are saving themselves...right? contradicting a good portion of Romans.

So what did Jesus do if it is a choice one must make? You say Jesus is the only way but you also have to make a choice..... so really the one way has nothing to do with Christ and everything to do with the person's choice.

Isn't that what you are saying?

Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 PM

43 posts, read 47,926 times
willieH: Hi Katjonjj...

Hope 3-Shep has his\her ears on!

Quote:
So God WANTS to save all but he can't?

Who is doing the saving? God or the person being saved?

If it is the choice of the person then they are saving themselves...right? contradicting a good portion of Romans.

So what did Jesus do if it is a choice one must make? You say Jesus is the only way but you also have to make a choice..... so really the one way has nothing to do with Christ and everything to do with the person's choice.

Isn't that what you are saying?
Well said, my friend!

...willieH

Old 02-25-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I don't believe in evil spirits testing and tempting. If God made everything then he also made evil spirits which would then have to conform to God's ways.
James 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

God doesn't tempt people apparently...

So, either you don't believe that there is such a thing as evil, or using your arguement, you believe God is Evil.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyeducky View Post
So, either you don't believe that there is such a thing as evil, or using your arguement, you believe God is Evil.
God has to be evil. If God is the author of all things then unless evil is not a "thing" then God is also the author of evil.

Judges 9:23 God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the citizens of Shechem, who acted treacherously against Abimelech.

1 Samuel 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD terrorized him.

The fact is that if God created EVERYTHING then everything that is created (including evil) is created by God.

I may not think that is "cool" but it is what is logical. If anything exists it is because God made it so, or is there another power equal to God that you think caused or created evil?

Old 02-25-2010, 05:45 PM

WillieH:

Here is some scripture from God's Word for you to read and then please explain how I should interpret it.
Mark 16:16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
John 20:31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.
Acts 16:31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."
Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
1 John 5:13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may [continue] [to] believe in the name of the Son of God.
Isaiah 45:22 "Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I [am] God, and [there] [is] no other."
Mark 1:15 "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
Acts 17:30 "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent."
Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
Matthew 11:28 "Come to Me, all [you] who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
John 7:37 On the last day, that great [day] of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink."
John 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
Matthew 9:2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you."
Matthew 9:22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, "Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well."
Matthew 9:29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you."
Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, great [is] your faith! Let it be to you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.
Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven you."
Mark 5:34 And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."
Mark 10:52 Then Jesus said to him, "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.
Luke 7:50 Then He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."
Luke 8:48 And He said to her, "Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace."
Luke 17:19 And He said to him, "Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well."
Luke 18:42 Then Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well." 43 And immediately he received his sight, and followed Him, glorifying God. And all the people, when they saw [it], gave praise to God.
John 6:39b "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
2 Corinthians 1:23 Moreover I call God as witness against my soul, that to spare you I came no more to Corinth. 24 Not that we have dominion over your faith, but are fellow workers for your joy; for by faith you stand.
1 Peter 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, [being] much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see [Him], yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of [your] souls.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:53 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,625 times
Default Agnostic.

I believe in myself and the golden rule. I've experienced a few different religions and I'm much happier without all the confusion. You know where you came from... well it's the same place you're going. This concept frightens people. People and religion alike feed on these fears. Live the way I say and all will be well. I prefer to be myself. This life is just a stop to something better, not confusing and contradictory. Money is the root of all evil (war) and churches are constantly passing around that plate. Look... I respect those who wish to believe in God. But do those who believe in god respect me? I have yet to encounter that. I don't attempt to get anyone to go Agnostic. So don't attempt to get me to go Religious. There IS some kind of greater good. I can feel it. That's all I need. So, from the bible burner to the bible thumper... let's all be GOOD to each other and help make this life a lot better. Good luck, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity