Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's going to be interesting who is going to win the battle:

[1] Ilene the now agnostic\atheist

[2] The UR'er who is going to get her into heaven despite

[3] The OSAS who is going to get her into heaven despite

[4] Or Jesus who put no qualifiers to what he said:
John 15:6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

John 12:48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Matthew 13:19-21
The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy.
But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
[5] And the inspired writers of God who agrees with Jesus
Romans 2:8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

Hebrews 3:14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end.

Hebrews 6:11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized.

Will the "all" word shell game prevail ...
Will the " fall \ doesn't remain can't mean lose their salvation" word shell game prevail ...

Or will Jesus who warns about not remaining and rejecting him?
Is this surprisingly large response meant to cover up the apparent fact that you didn't read the post date or have a short memory? LOL I was mostly just wondering whether you had forgotten or were messing with us (that is, those who remember her).. I wasn't picking a UR/ET fight or arguing verse context...though I'm sure someone will start one by countering the context of those verse..so is the way of this forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You do realize that this post by Ilene is old and that Ilene has changed her views radically since. She first accepted Universalism for a while and is now an agnostic/atheist. I'm not sure she even posts much anymore.
I think you are right. Like the OP, Ilene also turned her back to universalism after preaching it on daily bases. I wonder if she will also be labeled as a "not a true universalist"

Old 04-18-2013, 05:48 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think you are right. Like the OP, Ilene also turned her back to universalism after preaching it on daily bases. I wonder if she will also be labeled as a "not a true universalist"
The funny thing is the atheist forum and religious and spirituality forum is full of former Christians who were 100% bible believers, I wonder if they get labeled that they were not true Christians.

The prodigal was always a son while he was living it up and wasting instead of investing ( freely you have received freely give) his inheritance, and I can guarantee you that the Father looked daily towards the way that his son left with his inheritance,attracting him back to himself by the desire in his heart. Many of us have been there done that, we have been the prodigal, and we have also played the heart of the Father patiently desiring and expecting the return of our loved ones.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:20 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's going to be interesting who is going to win the battle:

[1] Ilene the now agnostic\atheist

[2] The UR'er who is going to get her into heaven despite

[3] The OSAS who is going to get her into heaven despite

[4] Or Jesus who put no qualifiers to what he said:
John 15:6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

John 12:48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Matthew 13:19-21
The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy.
But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
[5] And the inspired writers of God who agrees with Jesus
Romans 2:8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

Hebrews 3:14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end.

Hebrews 6:11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized.

Will the "all" word shell game prevail ...
Will the " fall \ doesn't remain can't mean lose their salvation" word shell game prevail ...

Or will Jesus who warns about not remaining and rejecting him?
Jesus will get her to heaven. By the way... Peter did not hold fast his original conviction either while he was denying Jesus. In fact all the disciples became offended that night and were scattered sheep.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Jesus will get her to heaven. By the way... Peter did not hold fast his original conviction either while he was denying Jesus. In fact all the disciples became offended that night and were scattered sheep.
First thing that came to my mind when they were trying to use Illene as an example. Makes you wonder how these 100% bible believers have kept the faith so long without going astray, never mind running off with their inheritance.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
First thing that came to my mind when they were trying to use Illene as an example. Makes you wonder how these 100% bible believers have kept the faith so long without going astray, never mind running off with their inheritance.
Wasteful extravagance of a Prodigal; but providence says, 'they will return.'

Old 04-19-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Wasteful extravagance of a Prodigal; but providence says, 'they will return.'

Exactly

It's hard to run off with an inheritance you never knew you had. There's forgiveness in the house of The Lord.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The funny thing is the atheist forum and religious and spirituality forum is full of former Christians who were 100% bible believers, I wonder if they get labeled that they were not true Christians.

The prodigal was always a son while he was living it up and wasting instead of investing ( freely you have received freely give) his inheritance, and I can guarantee you that the Father looked daily towards the way that his son left with his inheritance,attracting him back to himself by the desire in his heart. Many of us have been there done that, we have been the prodigal, and we have also played the heart of the Father patiently desiring and expecting the return of our loved ones.
As Bill Withers said "then I look at you then the world is alright with me". O ye of little faith.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:53 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Yeah what gives? They must be messing with us. I can't imagine they would have forgotten that...I don't post nearly as much as Twin and Fin do and even I remember this...or at least know how to read dates..
Twin and Fin sometimes like to pretend they are not privy to certain facts, preferring to "score one for the home team" or winning an argument at any cost - even if it might be construed as being deceitful. This is just one small example of such dishonest communications they are known to practice.

Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. - Ephesians 4: 25

Old 04-20-2013, 08:58 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
When Peter did, he turned to Jesus in Godly sorrowful in repentance. Peter had salvation.
Judas however turned away in despair, regretted what he, and did not turn to Jesus for forgiveness.
Judas had no salvation ... he was sent to hell.

2 Corinthians 7:10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity