Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 07:11 AM

454 posts, read 1,409,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Jesus died on the cross and now we're all saved? So, the part about belief, repentance, confession, faith, holiness, righteousness, etc. means nothing?
YES. that's EXACTLY right!
except the first part of your sentence in italic.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 AM

186 posts, read 190,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I remember thinking hopefully, as I listened to Tolle, that those who took his message to heart wouldn't be the type to be found on a message board sarcastically berating those who disagreed with them.
Don't take things out-of-context.
I reply in the manner in which I AM greeted.

Roll your eyes at that one my friend.

Ever heard of resonant frequencies, vibrational tonation?

We're only human after all, trying to share a grander reality than the one currently perceived by most.

Muhammad was chased, hunted down, and his people murdered, until he and his eventually turned on his attackers.
That was their lesson to learn. An eye for an eye, Moses's law.
Are you any better, to hold me accountable?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:26 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,424,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Drifter View Post
Don't take things out-of-context.
I reply in the manner in which I AM greeted.

Roll your eyes at that one my friend.
I AM's philosophy is tit for tat, eye for an eye, etc?

Color me disillusioned.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:36 AM

To reply to your edited addition:

Quote:
Ever heard of resonant frequencies, vibrational tonation?

We're only human after all, trying to share a grander reality than the one currently perceived by most.

Muhammad was chased, hunted down, and his people murdered, until he and his eventually turned on his attackers.
That was their lesson to learn. An eye for an eye, Moses's law.
Are you any better, to hold me accountable?

Am I better? Who cares? I didn't think spiritual enlightenment was about comparisons and one-upsmanship? If that is I AM's idea of a grander reality, if it's really just about retaliation and giving no better than what you get, then I'm not interested. But perhaps you've misunderstood I AM. I can hope that is the case.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:52 AM

186 posts, read 190,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I AM's philosophy is tit for tat, eye for an eye, etc?

Color me disillusioned.
No. It's about becomming one with our true essence(not our ego, but the I AM that we all essentially are, 'Christian' or not, we all have two natures.
I gave you an example of the foray that was instigated and perpetuated, not by I AM, but against it.

The one ground (teachings) on which I AM stands is firm, and it isn't modern 'christianity'.
It has been lost to them. imho

Old 02-18-2010, 11:06 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,259,553 times
Ocean Drifter

Quote:
everyone knows it.
Ah, I don't think so! Maybe you and some others but, definitely Not, everyone.

Your making it sound as though by the word everyone, makes the bible of no credit.

You may wonder off at many of the other philosophical writers, to justify your point of view, but I focus directly on what the message of the bible in its whole makes.

There is a message there and I will say, that many are there that can not see it, and many who do.

Blessings, AJH

Old 02-18-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
The one ground (teachings) on which I AM stands is firm, and it isn't modern 'christianity'.
It has been lost to them. imho Ocean Drifter
The simplest form of faith is: as Paul noted:1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

If, one can understand the crucifixion of Christ by faith, that is all that is required.

All other information, is well........optional at your own discretion.

Very simple, even a child can understand.

Blessings, AJ

Old 02-18-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. --Blaise Pascal
Bottom line, is faith in God not faith in self.

Blessings, AJ

Old 02-18-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
No. It's about becomming one with our true essence(not our ego, but the I AM that we all essentially are, 'Christian' or not, we all have two natures.
I gave you an example of the foray that was instigated and perpetuated, not by I AM, but against it.
Then when you mock someone by saying you won't "dumb yourself down" for them, which nature are you speaking from? You implied you were speaking for I AM, not ego, and indicated that it is I AM which calls for an eye for an eye. Perhaps you did not mean to do so, but you appear to be talking in circles.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
You obviously have not studied comparative religions so you are by default
Quote:
norrow-minded and prejudice, nearsighted and to say the least intolerant and apathetic toward truth if it is outside your narrow parameters
.>>>Ocean Drifter
Only "Self" could counter like that, for Jesus did exactly the opposite, by taking the pain and offering forgiveness.

Now, "Self" does not find in itself to forgive unless there is a higher power backing it up.

In which case, a person given to Christ is such a one to forgive because Jesus is in them to do so.

There are no illiterates in Jesus, only those whom we choose to identify as such.

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity