Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 04:49 PM

186 posts, read 190,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cavendish View Post
The world is relative and our experiences are relative, until we MERGE with THE FINAL TRUTH.

Namaste' brother Drifter.
Nice to meet with your humble acquaintance sir.

And for thee that told me to go away, and thee that thought I was a troll at the forum:
this is especially for you.
RUMI: The Guest House
Namaste` Mr Cavendish,
So glad to see you back.

Rumi, One of my all time favorites.
Sir, you're tugging on my heart-strings.

Drift.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:50 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
I have but one comment in reference to: "Drifter= The Soul is immortal."

You know that fer sure? And how do you know if you have no knowledge of a prior existence, or do you?

Life begins it's immortality at birth, not of the flesh but of the spirit of God in us, not of ourselves, but of God.
If the Soul/Consciousness = God/I AM
And God/I AM = Immortal
Then Soul = Immortal

But earlier, ODrifter, you said

Quote:
Eve, The wayward soul of that self-righteous god-made man.
You said that the soul is not God, but ego, if I'm understanding correctly. And certainly the ego is not immortal. Can you clarify your meaning?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:59 PM

YouTube - Hearing the voice of your spirit

Old 02-22-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Drifter View Post
quote=Pleroo "Or possibly it's not a steady progression, but ebb and flow, fits and spurts, hopefully moving forward gradually. Just a thought."

Spiritual progression is progress, the ebb and flow is of the material, I am refering to what by contrast is the immaterial, two sides of the same proverbial coin, Pleroo. We as individuals move in ebbs and flows like the waves of the Ocean, but the Ocean is always the Ocean and waves are contained within it but not can not caontain the whole of the Ocean. The waves are reflections of the Ocean, the ocean is within each wave but contaied by the wave. Like the picture is not the Painter but the Painter is within the picture.
Sounds like we're saying the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter
Jesus said "I AM is The Way", impersonal. [see previous post earlier where the impersonal of I AM is explained in more detail]. He wasn't speaking in material terms, or in the terms of a 's'elf, but the immaterial state of that being I Am is as SELF, which He alluded to.

This is a very superficial understanding of I AM that you have proposed, based upon your mis-interprertation/understanding of scripture [and not at all an uncommon mis-understanding] as most so-called "Christians are guilty of the same superficial mis-understanding, seeing Jesus as the man, instead of the Spirit he was sent as and came to represent.
It seems to me that my understanding is not superficial but just somewhat different from your own.

If Jesus and the I AM are one and the same in that Jesus was in perfect alignment and union with I AM (as the Bible indicates to be true) then for him to declare Himself as the Way, the Truth, the Life makes perfect sense.

In some mystical way, I AM in Jesus realigned humanity with I AM. Too much in Scripture indicates a much deeper meaning for Jesus' appearance in the historical time line of humanity for him to be only an "example".

Quote:
I hope that you see the universality of sacred scripture as the uncommon will of God's grace to mankind, our common denominator, if I may, and not to any individually 'special' group or sect. This includes so called "Christians" and so called "Muslims". Any sect or group other than Spiritualist or 'Universalists', as the name implies, for we are all one.
I see a clear and unmistakable message of universiality in the Bible.

Quote:
Thank you for the opportunity to explain my understanding which is not of me but, of the grace bestowed upon me by the Father/Cosmic Consciousness, relatively speaking of course. Lol
Appreciate your willingness to discuss.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sounds like we're saying the same thing.

It seems to me that my understanding is not superficial but just somewhat different from your own.

If Jesus and the I AM are one and the same in that Jesus was in perfect alignment and union with I AM (as the Bible indicates to be true) then for him to declare Himself as the Way, the Truth, the Life makes perfect sense.

In some mystical way, I AM in Jesus realigned humanity with I AM. Too much in Scripture indicates a much deeper meaning for Jesus' appearance in the historical time line of humanity for him to be only an "example".

I see a clear and unmistakable message of universiality in the Bible.

Appreciate your willingness to discuss.
"I see a clear and unmistakable message of universiality in the Bible."

Hey everybody, If your not going to do it my way, your going to die?

God and the paraclete I AM are timeless, above the linear phenomenon, in it but not of it ascending spirit, that of the timelessness of the eternal or Nous (Neumenon).

Only Mystics truly understand the mystical, which is natural for them.
The world of apparent reality is the mystical (unknown) to a Mystic.
It has the flavor of the autistic to it. Unreal for us but very real to them.

That's why The Mystic's abode is in the Spiritual/'Supernatural' Realm.
Ever heard of ~Jallaludin Rumi ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLCy5q1Kaik

Last edited by Ocean Drifter; 02-22-2010 at 05:43 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 05:36 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:

God and the paraclete I AM are timeless, above the linear phenomenon, in it but not of it ascending spirit, that of the timelessness of the eternal or Nous (Neumenon).

Only Mystics truly understand the mystical, which is natural for them.
The world of apparent reality is the mystical (unknown) to a Mystic.
It has the flavor of the autistic to it. Unreal for us but very real to them.

That's why The Mystic's abode is in the Spiritual Realm.
Ever heard of ~Jallaludin Rumi ?
YouTube - What Was Said to the Rose, by Rumi
Yet you sound as if the mystical is as exclusive to mystics just like christianity is exclusive to fundamentalists...

Interesting..

Old 02-22-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:

You are not hearing the essence of what I am saying. You are putting your own ego thoughts into my words, thoughts that are not mine.

I believe that the Bible declares that in one man, Jesus the Christ, ALL are made alive. This is not MY way. It is the Way of I AM, of Love and of grace.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yet you sound as if the mystical is as exclusive to mystics just like christianity is exclusive to fundamentalists...

Interesting..
Yes, this is what I am also hearing from Drifter's words, and from many Mystics. It is confusing to me since the message on the surface is supposed to be one of Unity and All in All. But I keep hoping I'm misunderstanding and this is why I continue to ask for clarification.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

Interesting..
What do you think the term Magi denotes?

Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You are not hearing the essence of what I am saying. You are putting your own ego thoughts into my words, thoughts that are not mine.

I believe that the Bible declares that in one man, Jesus the Christ, ALL are made alive. This is not MY way. It is the Way of I AM, of Love and of grace.
It is not only a 'christian' thing. Brahmans have a handle on this "way" better than christians do and so do Hindu's.

There are many Self-realized men besides Jesus, in the past as well as today who are not "Christians". And that IS The POINT.

They are not my ego thoughts. I'm not putting my thoughts into your words, I'm countering you as the christian you calim to be with the same dogma and rhetoric that christians preach.

Have you taken a close look at the posts on this thread, excuse me for poiinting out the obvious.

I speak from the position of I AM not the ego. If the conditioning and enculturation that modern christianity has imposed on me shows through at times, that's just what it is, my 'christian conditioning'.

It isn't meant to condescend on you, unless that is your intention or christians intentions when they impose it on others.
When in Rome...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.