Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 11:20 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,812 times

Advertisements

Jesus died for our sins and was not eternally punished, so logic would conclude that people that are paying for their own sins would not be eternal either. Of course God can do what ever he wants so we wont know till we die. I figure its better to at least try to have a relationship with Jesus than to face punishment of even a limited duration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 02:02 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What is a GH'er?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
A wild guess ......God hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
My money is on God hater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yeah, that was my thought too. That, or Good Housekeeper. I can understand why you'd want to ignore a Good Housekeeper if you're not one... they do tend to engender an inferiority complex in those of us who aren't so gifted in that area.

Neither term applies to me, though, so who knows what he really meant.
A nomad's dwelling: "Foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."

For the worldly Churches of Men have forsaken the mind of Christ; and replaced it with their own.

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-13-2013 at 02:18 AM..

Old 07-13-2013, 08:51 AM

796 posts, read 859,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Jesus died for our sins and was not eternally punished, so logic would conclude that people that are paying for their own sins would not be eternal either. Of course God can do what ever he wants so we wont know till we die. I figure its better to at least try to have a relationship with Jesus than to face punishment of even a limited duration.
Well you have posted this same post on 2 threads I have read so far so I will refer you to look up my respone on the other thread you posted this to.

By the way, spamming duplicate post is forbidden by the agreement you made when joining.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,670 times
See Heb. 9:[27] And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 AM

46 posts, read 61,230 times
Quote:
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Of course this is a logical explanation (honestly translated Biblesare always logical) but even more powerful is the testimony from the Bibleitself.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
The Bible says Jesus is the Saviour of all men (all humanity) (1Tim 4:9-11) and especially of those who believe. It does not say exclusively of all thatbelieve but is says especially. The specialsalvation of those who believe is the EONIAN 166 (age-lasting) LIFE 2222 (immortal)of the upcoming ages. Popular Bibleshave been incorrectly translated since about the fourth century to promote thefalse idea of eternal punishment. PleaseGoogle “eon 165 eonian 166” with the quotes and read, read, read. This is serious business. You can also Google my ham call K7VHQ, clickon San Jacinto, and read some of my pages. It takes time and effort to get the fact that God has a plan for HisAGES. Most people are ignorant about God’splan for His AGES and they are the ones who will receive EONIAN CHASTISEMENT, asevere punishment indeed but not eternal.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 07-13-2013, 11:37 AM

796 posts, read 859,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwtodd View Post
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Of course this is a logical explanation (honestly translated Biblesare always logical) but even more powerful is the testimony from the Bibleitself.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
The Bible says Jesus is the Saviour of all men (all humanity) (1Tim 4:9-11) and especially of those who believe. It does not say exclusively of all thatbelieve but is says especially. The specialsalvation of those who believe is the EONIAN 166 (age-lasting) LIFE 2222 (immortal)of the upcoming ages. Popular Bibleshave been incorrectly translated since about the fourth century to promote thefalse idea of eternal punishment. PleaseGoogle “eon 165 eonian 166” with the quotes and read, read, read. This is serious business. You can also Google my ham call K7VHQ, clickon San Jacinto, and read some of my pages. It takes time and effort to get the fact that God has a plan for HisAGES. Most people are ignorant about God’splan for His AGES and they are the ones who will receive EONIAN CHASTISEMENT, asevere punishment indeed but not eternal.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
I know very well the meaning of eon and eonian and your not allowing it's full definitions based on use to arrive at this false teaching. It's been shown on this forum over and over and over and there is nothing new to come to light to change that fact.

Also you cannot use HTML tags on this forum. They don't work and just get in the way having to read around them.

73's from a 20wpm Extra!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:56 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
I know very well the meaning of eon and eonian and your not allowing it's full definitions based on use to arrive at this false teaching. It's been shown on this forum over and over and over and there is nothing new to come to light to change that fact.

Also you cannot use HTML tags on this forum. They don't work and just get in the way having to read around them.

73's from a 20wpm Extra!
I think I understand. Backs away from this subforum .......

Old 07-23-2013, 11:20 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,670 times
I know very lettle about eons, but I do know that with God a thousand years are like a day, and a day is like a thousand years.
If I were coming up to the end of my life on earth, I would hate to go out of this life without assurance of having the Holy Spirit richly abiding in me. Michael Youseff of Leading the Way radio says that to die without the Holy Spirit is like the 5 foolish virgins who died without having oil in their lamps [the Holy Spirit] and were refused admission to the Great wedding feast.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,976,769 times
Quote:
While in the Bible's temporary hell Jesus believed he was Not punished but in a sleep-like state until God resurrected Jesus out of hell.
- Acts 2 vs 27,31,32; 13 vs 30, 37; John 11 vs 11-14

People pay for their own sins with one's own death.- Romans 6 v 23
If we could stop sinning we would not die.
Because we can not stop sinning we die.
'Death' frees or acquits a person from one's inherited imperfection from father Adam.- Romans 6 v 7
Freed or Acquitted does not mean now innocent, rather as a human judge can pardon a person so a crime charge does not stick, Jesus as Judge can pardon a person so a sin charge no longer sticks.
Because we can not resurrect oneself or another we need someone who can resurrect us.[ restore us to life ]
Because of Jesus ransom [ Matthew 20 v 28 ], Jesus can and will resurrect people.- Rev. 1 v 18
Some to heaven [ Rev. 20 v 6 ], and the majority of mankind [ John 3 v 13 ] resurrected back to life on earth starting with Jesus' coming 1000-year reign over earth.- Acts 24 v 15
Jesus' ransom covers MANY but not all because all will not end up accepting Jesus.
Those who end up judged as wicked [ Isaiah 11 vs 4,5 ] will be destroyed forever [ Psalm 92 v 7 ]
The biblical hell [ sheol ] is Not destruction but the grave for the sleeping dead until resurrected out of hell.
It's not hell, but a symbolic 'second death' [ Rev. 21 v 8 ] is what is a term for: destruction.
Jesus will destroy Satan [Hebrews 2 v 14 B ], and Satan ends up, Not in hell, but in 'second death' [ Rev. 21 v 8 ]

Old 07-23-2013, 08:41 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,976,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwtodd View Post
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Jesus shed blood covers all [ 1st John 1 v 7 ] but all will not end up accepting Jesus [ Psalm 92 v 7 ]
That is why Matthew 20 v 28 clearly mentions that Jesus' ransom covers MANY and does Not say all.

All who died before Jesus died [ John 3 v 13 ] were not believers in Jesus yet his sacrifice covers them.
[ The only exception then and now is the unforgivable sin.- Matthew 12 v 32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6 because they are punished with everlasting destruction -2nd Thess. 1 v 9 as Satan will be destroyed forever [ Hebrews 2 v 14 B ] as are all of the wicked destroyed forever [ annihilated ] according to Psalm 92 v 7.]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity