Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 01:52 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
No the bible doesnt say 6 literal days. it says "days." you're not concerned with whether or not days means your concept of a 24 hour day, because you havent thought about that possibility. your concept of a day is based on the sun. the hebrew concept of a day was based on the moon.
the sun and the moon were created after God already had His own concept of a day. does this register in your brain... God already had his own DAY before our measurement of a day existed.
but nevermind this though, how many different ways can you post the same question while ignoring what people post? lol
where is that in the bible dealing with the creation account????

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-25-2010 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 01:53 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
God calculated the day in Genesis 1, "an evening and a morning" ="one day". That is what He said. And He made the light of the morning =day, before He made the sun. That is just what He said. And Literal is from writing, to write, and Moses wrote under God's inspiration that He created all that is in six natural evenings and mornings, as He gave us the definition of "one day" in creation week equaling "one evening/nighttime and one morning/daytime.
He called a day equaling an evening and a morning before He made the sun, moon and stars. four whole days before He made the sun, moon, and stars, He told us one day is an evening and a morning, in Creation week.

GENESIS 1"19

So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

He created OUR day (evening and morning), or day and night
ON
THE
FOURTH
DAY

which means
OUR DAY (evening and day) DID. NOT. EXIST. THE. PREVIOUS. 3. DAYS
or are you assuming that he had created day and night on day 1, and then mentioned that he created it on day 4?

lol

Old 01-25-2010, 01:54 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
No the bible doesnt say 6 literal days. it says "days." you're not concerned with whether or not days means your concept of a 24 hour day, because you havent thought about that possibility. your concept of a day is based on the sun. the hebrew concept of a day was based on the moon.
the sun and the moon were created after God already had His own concept of a day. does this register in your brain... God already had his own DAY before our measurement of a day existed.
but nevermind this though, how many different ways can you post the same question while ignoring what people post? lol
The Bible says six evenings/nightimes and six mornings/daytimes, in Genesis 1. Jesus defines a daytime as twelve hours, just like it was in Genesis 1, for creation week.
Jhn 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening/`ereb and the morning/boqer were echad/one yowm/day

Old 01-25-2010, 01:56 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
The Bible says six evenings/nightimes and six mornings/daytimes, in Genesis 1. Jesus defines a daytime as twelve hours, just like it was in Genesis 1, for creation week.
Jhn 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening/`ereb and the morning/boqer were echad/one yowm/day
There is no way the days of Genesis 1 were any other than six -1,2,3,4,5,6, evenings and mornings as we know them to be, for they were defined by God in Genesis 1, and Jesus agrees.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
GENESIS 1"19

So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

He created OUR day (evening and morning), or day and night
ON
THE
FOURTH
DAY

which means
OUR DAY (evening and day) DID. NOT. EXIST. THE. PREVIOUS. 3. DAYS
or are you assuming that he had created day and night on day 1, and then mentioned that he created it on day 4?

lol
what is this "our" day?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

As a Christian why would I care what others had to say.
which begs the question- Why are you in here?
secondly, "not caring" what other people say has nothing to do with you being a Christian. get off your cloud of judgment thinking you're better than those of us who disagree with you or see things differently. How you behave or think is not indicative of how all Christians should be, you're no better than anybody else in here lol
lastly, i'd love to see how you'd argue your belief with a Muslim or a Mormon when they'd reply with the same tactic you're using
"Your Bible is wrong because My BOM (or Kuran) says so"
basically a dead end to any discussion. so if you don't care what people say, why do you keep quoting people and replying in here?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:58 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
Quote:
There is proof that tree rings were not always "annual" in the past. The climate causes more tree rings in one year sometimes, proven, and proven to have done so in times gone past.
Proof? You don't need proof. Proof to you is only a means to an end if it fits your agenda. I could give you all the proof in the world from the countless published peer reviewed papers on the subject yet you still wouldn't believe it. There is literally NO proof in this world that would even sway your thought..

So I ask.. why do you even say "There is no proof...." when even if given proof you don't use it.

But to your point..

Yes.. there is lots of proof.. it just goes against your belief system.. however, that doesn't nullify the proof. It is still there. Putting your hands over your eyes doesn't make things magically disappear.

Carry on.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
which begs the question- Why are you in here?
secondly, "not caring" what other people say has nothing to do with you being a Christian. get off your cloud of judgment thinking you're better than those of us who disagree with you or see things differently. How you behave or think is not indicative of how all Christians should be, you're no better than anybody else in here lol
lastly, i'd love to see how you'd argue your belief with a Muslim or a Mormon when they'd reply with the same tactic you're using
"Your Bible is wrong because My BOM (or Kuran) says so"
basically a dead end to any discussion. so if you don't care what people say, why do you keep quoting people and replying in here?
wow more bizarre accusations. What is "our" day? who's day, wasn't man created on the sixth day. Where is this evidence that He created day on the forth day? Yom still MEANS DAY.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Proof? You don't need proof. Proof to you is only a means to an end if it fits your agenda. I could give you all the proof in the world from the countless published peer reviewed papers on the subject yet you still wouldn't believe it. There is literally NO proof in this world that would even sway your thought..

So I ask.. why do you even say "There is no proof...." when even if given proof you don't use it.

But to your point..

Yes.. there is lots of proof.. it just goes against your belief system.. however, that doesn't nullify the proof. It is still there. Putting your hands over your eyes doesn't make things magically disappear.

Carry on.

i hope these "good" Christians remind us how we're traitors and how we're either with the Bible or against it. from what i've noticed they're clearly with the Bible and since i don't believe the literal 6 days as you do *gasp* im clearly against it. Tell me again how much more mature and knowledgeable they are from high up there please. any true, professing, confessing Christian should be more like them, and less like me. because you know the truth.
i'm gonna go eat.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:06 PM

Please provide scripture!? on this concept of "time" God made for Himself. I had no idea God was in some kind realm of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity