Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
^you think those 3-4 sentences you just strung together are enough to explain why there are 2 distinct verses pointing to TWO DISTINCT days, saying the exact same thing? LOL!!
"So the evening and the morning were the first day."

^same thing on 2 different occasions, on 2 distinct verses. lol@ "its straightforward"
log off
I explained the worse over your incorrect interpretation of scripture. You have no verses to support millions and billions of years. NONE. Just science. Just admit it. You can laugh all you want go look that verse up yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 07:08 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
wow the moon is a light now? hahahahahahaah

The Physics of Light: What Is Light?

and

the moon is a satellite orbiting the planet earth with a rocky/dusty surface. the moon doesnt produce its own light, it reflects it from the sun.
i mean i wouldn't expect you to concern yourself with physics. and since it isnt mentioned in the Bible it must be wrong...

Old 01-25-2010, 07:09 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I explained the worse on your incorrect interpretation of scripture. You have no verses to support millions and billions of years. NONE. Just science. Just admit it. You can laugh all you want go look it up that verse yourself.
Hi Fundamentalist,
What do you think about God creating the heavens and the earth and then the earth becoming chaos and vacant and then God making the earth habitable again? Can there not be many years between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2?

Cannot this scenario make for an older than 6000 year old earth?

Old 01-25-2010, 07:11 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,232 times
Quote:
The moon is not a light?????you are kidding........
No, I am sorry to disillusion you, but the moon is NOT a light. It reflects the light of the sun. That is basic science. That is also what we have been trying to say...there are things that are not explained in the Bibile. God gave man the ability to reason and figure out scientific principles. Why would that be a problem for anyone?

Old 01-25-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
wow the moon is a light now? hahahahahahaah

The Physics of Light: What Is Light?

and

the moon is a satellite orbiting the planet earth with a rocky/dusty surface. the moon doesnt produce its own light, it reflects it from the sun.
i mean i wouldn't expect you to concern yourself with physics. and since it isnt mentioned in the Bible it must be wrong...

See you go straight to science without looking up that verse.

I guess we never heard of moonlight? reflections. If there were no lights. Do you think you can see outside without the moon?

Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
See you go straight to science without looking up that verse.

I guess we never heard of moonlight? reflections. If there were no lights. Do you think you can see outside without the moon?
were you imported to this thread via time travel from the dark ages... the moon is a light now.. lol
explain why the moon blocks out the sun in a lunar eclipse... oh wait, there is no Biblical explanation so what now? if the moon was a light, it would not block out the sun (which actually emits light)...
pretty pathetic how you try to act like the Bible and science cannot coexist.

what is the moon?
you: its a light in the sky.
LOL.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
were you imported to this thread via time travel from the dark ages... the moon is a light now.. lol
explain why the moon blocks out the sun in a lunar eclipse... oh wait, there is no Biblical explanation so what now? if the moon was a light, it would not block out the sun (which actually emits light)...
pretty pathetic how you try to act like the Bible and science cannot coexist.

what is the moon?
you: its a light in the sky.
LOL.
The moon is not a light. I am explaining the bible verse the moon and the stars. If You want to laugh then laugh at God's word which you do anyway.

God made two great lights--the larger one to govern the day, and the smaller one to govern the night.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:22 PM

How does fuel make my car run?
no explanation would work for fundamentalist if it isn't in the Bible. what Biblical verses support the explanation of an internal combustion engine? The process of combustion is not described anywhere in the Bible and thus it must either not exist or the chemical process is a lie created by evil science. From Genesis to Revelation, not a single Biblical verse supporting the chemical process of burning fossil fuels.
chemistry is sorcery. the moon is not a satellite orbiting the earth, but a wonderful light that comes on at night and turns off during the day.

poor guy

Old 01-25-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
How does fuel make my car run?
no explanation would work for fundamentalist if it isn't in the Bible. what Biblical verses support the explanation of an internal combustion engine? The process of combustion is not described anywhere in the Bible and thus it must either not exist or the chemical process is a lie created by evil science. From Genesis to Revelation, not a single Biblical verse supporting the chemical process of burning fossil fuels.
chemistry is sorcery. the moon is not a satellite orbiting the earth, but a wonderful light that comes on at night and turns off during the day.

poor guy
Still with the science.........not scripture. You are spiritually immature. your interpretation of scripture is weak. You argue scripture but you cannot interpret scripture correctly. Your sole authority is science over God's word in which you still don't have verses and the ones you do use have nothing to do with your argument.

You need to grow as a Christian.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:34 PM

you can't even define science, let alone understand anything it explains. you're like some sort of old relic, the type of person that would've called for Galileo to be burned at the stake during that era.

and lol@ talking about people's argument. you cannot even argue, you don't know the basic rules involved in an argument, basic things you learn with schooling. i bet you were home schooled though, how asinine do you have to be to seriously think the moon is a light? can you even explain what a light is?
do you have an original thought of your own?
explain to me how the internet works

wait nevermind, no Biblical verses about wireless fidelity or satellite communications. there is no scripture explaining data rate units or how your DSL modem works. "it just is" right? lol
what a sad guy. give yourself a 20 minute break. log off. grab a snack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity