Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times

Advertisements

As christians should we believe in a literal 6 days?

As Christians we should believe the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Its an electric universe. And I am not a physicist but I have read 1 Enoch, who describes the forces as he was shown them, as "winds" -as in currents.
And I believe the Bible, that the earth is the center of creation and the heavens were stretched out from this created earth, between the divided waters.
There are many educated men who believe the Bible on this and who can give scientific explanations for what God has said.
http://www.catholicintl.com/products/books/gwwprint.htmGeocentrism
By Robert A. Sungenis, Ph.D.
& Robert J. Bennett, Ph.D.

Translation: "I do not know what I am talking about"

Have you checked the references/people you posted and quoted?
RObert A Sungenis has a bachelor's in religion and a masters in theology, and his "phd" is on religious studies from an unaccredited university i've never even heard of (Calamus international University)
...and you think this makes him an authority on PHYSICS???!?!?!?!?!
i couldnt even get results on the 2nd "doctor" you posted

basically nothing you're saying is something you've concluded after doing your own research, you're basically regurgitating material you found on an apologist website. the fact that you try to use science to prove your arguments is laughable, there VAST, OVERWHELMING majority of physicists (real physicists) would laugh at the claims made by these men.

again i laugh at trying to use science to prove unscientific claims. im surprised your friend fundamentalist didn't give you a proper scolding for even using the term "electromagnetic forces".. as there is no scripture supporting such witchery

Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 PM

basically what we have here is this:

if it is not explicitly explained in the Bible, any non biblical explanation is wrong.
let's not bother with trying to know anything about the Universe and the world around us. it just "is" because God made it that way.
Why does it hurt when I stump my toe?
because God made it that way. Pain receptors? nervous system? the brain? WITCH CRAFT! no scripture supports such blasphemy

Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5369-OobM4

Old 01-25-2010, 08:45 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Would you like me to tell you what science believed back then? The bible knew the earth was round before science did.

Comparing today's science to a well meaning but incorrect theologian of that time is basically misleading, misinformation, manipulating and just down right mean and nasty.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 PM

I see we are worshiping at the alter of science again.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm a hardcore scientist...
To me, God's the supervisor of evolution.
I can go along with that.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 PM

There has been ABSOLUTELY no scripture used by the old earth creationists in this thread....WOW!! This is a Christian forum right?

Old 01-25-2010, 09:10 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
Translation: "I do not know what I am talking about"

Have you checked the references/people you posted and quoted?
I have the book. I got it because I read the Bible, and the Bible tells me that the earth is fixed in place and the sun, moon, and stars travel in their paths, around the earth.

There are lots of people who read the Bible and believe the Bible. Sungenis and Bennett's book is good.

Here's an interesting interview for you.

CAI - Guy Consolmagno, Head of Vatican Observatory, Will Not Deny Geocentrism ~ Robert Sungenis (http://www.catholicintl.com/catholicissues/notdenygeo.htm - broken link)
Guy Consolmagno, Head of Vatican Observatory, Will Not Deny Geocentrism
by Robert Sungenis

and in the article:
Dr. Gerry Bouw (Ph.D. in Astronomy) wrote this in his review of Galileo Was Wrong:
"...these two gentlemen have done a stupendous work....Its honesty, depth, perspectives, and insights have convinced me that I have to print out a hard copy....The animations on the CD are excellent....The authors have done an admirable job all around. For the scientific and historic aspects of geocentricity, this book has no equal. Very highly recommended."

and this, from there:

Quote:
since I could have shown that the math actually works easier with geocentrism. In fact, it works so much easier that NASA and the Jet Propulsion Lab use geocentric mechanics to send up their spaceflights, and they correct the Solar Barycentric Model by using the Fixed Earth model!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:25 PM

Doesn't matter if you have the book.

Everything you read in it regarding physics might as well have been written in cantonese, because you do not know anything about physics. The fact that you used "electromagnetic forces" in your argument jumped out to me because I'm currently understanding the very basics of things concerning electromagnetism in regards to quantum theory (which might as well equate to witchery to your friend fundamentalist)
Electromagnetism is a very complex thing to understand, and for you to think "aha! so physics proves this" is just funny considering you probably dont know "electromagnetic forces" from the spacebar on your keyboard.
You couldn't tell me what it is about physics in your own words one.single.thing that supports your belief, because quite simply, you know as much about physics as i know about what you're going to wear 3 days from now. Nothing.

Ultimately it is best if you adopt the erroneous position that science and the Bible are enemies, like this poor fundamentalist character has. There is no reconciliation between the two, they are eternally at odds with each other, and trying to explain scripture with science is futile, as you discriminate against science that goes against what you believe and pick apart things that are convenient to your interpretation of scripture. and that is all that you have, your interpretation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity