Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:05 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,722 times

Advertisements

I completely uunderstand what the message is coming from the FB. Who on this board can say their message doesn't make sense? They may present it course off the tongue, and seemingly unloving, but having been "saved" in a Baptist Church, these are some of the most loving people I knew. To an outsider, they were brash, and hard.

And I am not talking about their fiery hell preaching, or their stances on unpopular subjects. These people are passionate about the gospel, as they understand it.

As far as the dress "code"? I am not sure of this man's denomination, but have a peek at this video, and tell me it doesn't move you. If it doesn't, then that is between you and God, NOT you and man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W1s7u0YiAU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 06:33 AM

218 posts, read 397,608 times
Default Awful music

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemansaves View Post
So amy grant represents the entire genre hey? That's bigotry.

I am 'bigoted' against evil, no matter if it is wrapped in a 'Christian' label.

That's like saying all you fundies are just like peter ruckmann.

I am not a follower of Peter Ruckman. I don't care for his attitude any more than the attitude you are revealing on this thread.

And yes , ill say it again , what you did was dishonest. You know full well that britney spears has nothing to do with christian rock.

You're not telling the truth.

'Christians' copied the rock n' roll genre from the world of Brittany Spears and other rock n' rollers going clear back to Norman Greenbaum (1970). He was about the first. It is a degenerate scene and the people who listen to that music usually have a snotty, self righteous attitude...which they reveal as soon as a faithful Christian says something against their favorite music style.

And I have asked ou for what you consider to be a holy genre of music , and some names. But you won't give me those cuz you know ill investigate them.

The Holy Spirit would tell you what kind of music honors and glorifies God if you would only be honest and listen to His sweet voice.

Best wishes.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:42 AM

218 posts, read 397,608 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I completely uunderstand what the message is coming from the FB. Who on this board can say their message doesn't make sense? They may present it course off the tongue, and seemingly unloving, but having been "saved" in a Baptist Church, these are some of the most loving people I knew. To an outsider, they were brash, and hard.

And I am not talking about their fiery hell preaching, or their stances on unpopular subjects. These people are passionate about the gospel, as they understand it.

As far as the dress "code"? I am not sure of this man's denomination, but have a peek at this video, and tell me it doesn't move you. If it doesn't, then that is between you and God, NOT you and man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W1s7u0YiAU
I agree with him. No one can call that anything but a loving spirit seeking to please God by instilling in his listeners the sense of modesty taught by the Bible while at the same time welcoming those who do not know the Lord to come to church...as they are. That is pure gospel the way it was meant to be. The guy has fortitude. I respect him.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 AM

100 posts, read 343,938 times
You are calling a lot of good christians evil based on a musical taste. And again , what you did was not only a potential blaphemy of the holy spirit , but it was a lie. Britney spears is not a christian artist and therefore you have no right to lump christian artists in with her.

I have yet to see a ccm star with lyrics anything close to spears. Another thing , ccm does not "copy" a style anymore than anyone else does.

Any musicians , rock or otherwise , christian or otherwise , will tell you all music is essentially the same. And yes you made me angry cuz what
you did was so dishonest and I believe you know it.

Now , what is a rock band? Its a singer , an electric guitarist (maybe two) , a bassist , and a drummer. Replace the guitar with a violin , bass with organ , and you have a classical band. Its pretty much that simple. All music we know in todays world was influenced by the music of the past.

Bach had a number of secular influences in his life , and actually made mostly secular style music in his day , and he is considered by some to be the greatest christian composer of all time. Oh , but we wouldn't dare question bach's christianity , bow would we?

Kirk , I ask you to be careful. I'm gonna stop arguing with you because your twisting of scriptures and downright dishonesty is making me so angry , and I don't wanna cross over into not acting like a christian.

But I think you're getting really close to blasphemy of the holy spirit so I want to warn you as a brother. You are calling a genre of music in itself evil , even though this music has opened the door t thousands in the name of christ. Like it or not , the spirit of god IS working thru christian rock , and it may be hazardous to your eternity to attack this fact.

God bless and if you don't believe me , read again mark 3 , it shows how blasphemy of the holy ghost is done.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:14 AM

Also most of the people I know who listen to ccm are a lot more loving and christlike than most in the IFB

Old 02-01-2010, 11:22 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Also most of the people I know who listen to ccm are a lot more loving and christlike than most in the IFB
Well to be fair onemansaves. Rock is the music of rebellion. God does not like a rebellious nature so one must ask why would we put Christian lyrics into a particular genre that promotes rebellion. I am not saying rock is evil but what is the intent of using rock music or other genres? I am just saying when Christians think they have to emulate the world's music in drawing people to the faith or make the faith look desirable to the world then we have gone down the wrong path.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 02-01-2010 at 11:38 AM..

Old 02-01-2010, 11:28 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The stuff I object to is ...therories as facts...
you object to gravity?

Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM

Rock is the music of rebellion. You see you can't lump all rock into that category. Music always has been and always will be 99% human emotion. It will convey whatever the artist is trying to convey. And that goes for any musician , no matter the genre or style he plays.

Also , if one must give up rock because the world enjoys it , we must also do the same with classical. I mean , has there ever been a more worldly form of music than classical? It is easily the most well known music the world over in these last 500 years , and both christians and non christians worldwide have accepted it. So I really don't buy the "be ye seperate" argument , at least not when it comes to music.

Who do you know hasn't heard classical music? You'd be hard pressed to find someone in the developed world who hasn't. If you want your music to speak rebellion , that's what it will do , with or without lyrics and no matter the genre. Rock , like any music , is a medium in which to communicate whatever it is you want to communicate. There isn't a single style of music in world history that god either blessed or cursed , at least not when talking of genre.

Every style of music I have ever heard has its rebels. I mean , look at mozart. He was a mason for gods sake. Anyway , kirk made me so mad cuz he knows full well what he is doing is wrong and still did it. That's why I been angry these last few posts

Old 02-01-2010, 12:09 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Rock is the music of rebellion.
Onemansaves I was not always a Christian and historically rock is the music of rebellion, it has always been from Elvis to Twisted Sister. You must admit that right?

Old 02-01-2010, 12:25 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
When I first started getting deeper into christianity , I was absolutely shocked by the amount of infighting that goes on in the christian world. Even the loudest worldly cliques don't slander each other the way christian groups slander each other.

And usually , not always , but usually when there is a public attack on christians from other christians , its the fundie baptists behind it. I hate to stereotype , but it seems that in almost all these situations , its the fundie baptists saying awful things about other christians.
Do you have examples of these public attacks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity