Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:08 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times

Advertisements

I've always found this to be quite humorous..

16 " 'If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Poor Farmer: "Listen Bessie.. I know you are a good cow but Anna over there wanted to have relations with you"

Cow: "........."

Poor Farmer: "Now don't make this any harder on me. You know what you did"

Cow: "........"

Poor Farmer: "Well you should have thought about that before making Anna all hot and bothered

Cow: "......."

Poor Farmer: "Well it is your fault. Stop denying it."

Cow: "......."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If I had a son, and I invested all my hopes and dreams into him with the hope of him one day marrying, and having kids to carry on my name and come to find out he marries another man, I would be so dissappointed. Sure, I would still love him but to tell him it is O.K. to have a lifestyle that goes against nature, I just could not do that.

I only have one daughter and so far she has been dating boys. I just hope the militant gays don't get her to think it is O.K. to go against nature and have female to female relationships.
I think you need to REALLY take another look at nature to see how diverse it is my friend. Nature also INCLUDES same sex relationships, mankind included.

Quote:
They want to paint oh such a pretty picture of the gay lifestyle but the end of such a lifestyle is sexually transmitted diseases, aids or hiv etc.
Heterosexuals and society at large paint the same pretty pictures of opposite sex lifestyle and in the end, many of them are filled with *insert any host of bad things here* including the ones you listed.

Quote:
You people want to get all gooshy lovey dovey with the homosexuals...
We do? Who is suggesting that you or anyone to get all lovey dovey with homosexuals? You do your thing. No one's stopping you, are they??

Quote:
...but what would you do if one of them infected your only son or daughter with aids or hiv and they died such a horrible death?
You make it sound like homosexuals are going around grabbing our sons and daughters off the streets and infecting them with AIDS. There are plenty of heterosexuals and bi-sexuals out there passing on the disease too.

Quote:
I love the person that is homosexual but I will never condone such practices which go against nature.
That's your call and there you go again with this "against nature" line. What you actually mean is what YOU feel is against what YOU consider to be normal to your taste. Nature is NOT judged by your taste or mine. It is as diverse as the snowflakes that fall.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 02-26-2010 at 08:21 AM..

Old 02-26-2010, 08:40 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
That's your call and there you go again with this "against nature" line. What you actually mean is what YOU feel is against what YOU consider to be normal to your taste. Nature is NOT judged by your taste or mine. It is as diverse as the snowflakes that fall.
Romans 1:24-27 CLV Wherefore God gives them over, in the lusts of
their hearts, to the uncleanness of dishonoring their bodies among
themselves, (25) those who alter the truth of God into the lie, and are
venerated, and offer divine service to the creature rather than the
Creator, Who is blessed for the eons! Amen!" (26) Therefore God gives
them over to dishonorable passions. For their females, besides, alter the
natural use into that which is beside nature." (27) Likewise also the
males, besides, leaving the natural use of the female, were inflamed in
their craving for one another, males with males effecting indecency, and
getting back in themselves the retribution of their deception which must
be."

It is unnatural for a man to hump another man. It is against the natural use of the female.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Pleroo,

If you truly feel that it is a sin, then for you it is a sin and yes when you talk to someone that is what you say In my opinion I believe the bible says" ........." but I feel that threatening, demeaning, reviling is totally against what Jesus was about, and we are to be like him.
I don't need to share my opinion at all unless asked for it and maybe not even then. A simple, "Well, here's the Bible ... what do you think it says?" That allows someone to listen directly to God speaking to them without my voice/opinion muddying the waters. Holy Spirit is perfectly capable of convicting someone without my help. When we try to take on Holy Spirit's job, that's when we do harm, imho.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:50 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times
Quote:
Romans 1:24-27 CLV Wherefore God gives them over, in the lusts of
their hearts, to the uncleanness of dishonoring their bodies among
themselves, (25) those who alter the truth of God into the lie, and are
venerated, and offer divine service to the creature rather than the
Creator, Who is blessed for the eons! Amen!" (26) Therefore God gives
them over to dishonorable passions. For their females, besides, alter the
natural use into that which is beside nature." (27) Likewise also the
males, besides, leaving the natural use of the female, were inflamed in
their craving for one another, males with males effecting indecency, and
getting back in themselves the retribution of their deception which must
be."

It is unnatural for a man to hump another man. It is against the natural use of the female.
One old, antiquated, non scientific book you read suggests that. I prefer the conclusions of people who actually go out in nature, observe and test and present their findings. Sorry.

I've read a book that says that white people were created by a black scientist and he created them as white devils so as a result, ALL white people are devils. How's that?

Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,732 times
Quote:
Sure, I would still love him but to tell him it is O.K. to have a lifestyle that goes against nature, I just could not do that.

They want to paint oh such a pretty picture of the gay lifestyle but the end of such a lifestyle is sexually transmitted diseases, aids or hiv etc.

You people want to get all gooshy lovey dovey with the homosexuals but what would you do if one of them infected your only son or daughter with aids or hiv and they died such a horrible death?

I love the person that is homosexual but I will never condone such practices which go against nature.
1) It does not go against nature. If you checked out the documentation of homosexuality in nature, you would realize that humans are not the only ones who exhibit homosexual behavior

2) Same could be said for straight lifestyle. The end of such a lifestyle is heartbreak, running and screaming brats, and the violent clashes between the two sexes.

3) I would kill the b@stard. Just like the straight person who would impregnate my teen daughter or the ****** who roped my son into having sex and impregnating her. Also, straight people are not immune to HIV/AIDS/STDs either.

4) Can you really call it love? I'm not going to accuse you of this, but from your statements, I interpret it as you do not love gays. If you did, you would say that "I don't believe in it, but if it works for them, so be it".

It makes me wonder. Have you even had a heart to heart with a gay?

Old 02-26-2010, 09:11 AM

702 posts, read 961,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Pleroo,

If you truly feel that it is a sin, then for you it is a sin
I don't respond much on this board any more, but I found it hard to resist responding to this. Meerkat2, it's a sin or it isn't. Man is not the measure of all things, as you seem to imply by saying that "for you it is a sin."

Quote:
and yes when you talk to someone that is what you say In my opinion I believe the bible says"
One should do this only if one buys into your philosophy that truth could be "truth" for one person and not for another. For those who believe in absolute truth, however, they would be going against that view by using the relativist language you refer to.

Incidentally, I noticed that you did not precede your own advice here with your own "In my opinion" statement. In other words, why didn't you say, "In my opinion, when you talk to someone that is what you say In my opinion I believe the bible says"?

Quote:
........." but I feel that threatening, demeaning, reviling is totally against what Jesus was about, and we are to be like him.
I agree. Those who love homosexuals will seek to warn them about the dire consequences of their sin, as with any other sin, not revile them or hurt them or abuse them in any way. They are human beings made in God's image, and anyone who fails to love them is showing that they don't love God either. The two tables of the law are inseparably connected because they come from the same divine authority. The same One who said, "Love your neighbor as yourself" also said, "Love the Lord your God."

Old 02-26-2010, 09:31 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
For those who believe in absolute truth, however, they would be going against that view by using the relativist language you refer to.
The question is, Jremy, how do you know that you know what the absolute truth is? If there is absolute truth (and I believe there is) then the One who knows it is perfectly cable of imparting truth to each individual as they are prepared to receive it.

If you believe the Bible, then you believe that God's Word will not return to Him void, without having accomplished it's purpose. Can you not simply allow God's Word to speak to people? Must you add your own interpretation of the Bible in order for the Word to do it's work?

Old 02-26-2010, 09:34 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
One old, antiquated, non scientific book you read suggests that. I prefer the conclusions of people who actually go out in nature, observe and test and present their findings. Sorry.

I've read a book that says that white people were created by a black scientist and he created them as white devils so as a result, ALL white people are devils. How's that?
I'm sorry you feel that way.

The Bible was not meant to be scientific.

I read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass in which the one character defines things they way he likes and not according to reality. That is your reality. I can't help you till you come out of the rabbit hole.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:37 AM

702 posts, read 961,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The question is, Jremy, how do you know that you know what the absolute truth is? If there is absolute truth (and I believe there is) then the One who knows it is perfectly cable of imparting that truth to each individual as they are prepared to receive it.

If you believe the Bible, then you believe that God's Word will not return to Him void, without having accomplished it's purpose. Can you not simply allow God's Word to speak to people? Must you add your own interpretation of the Bible in order for the Word to do it's work?
Pleroo, I don't think God gave teachers to the church for no purpose. I could be wrong, but it sounds like you think that God's word does not need to be taught by men.

If this is what you think, I strongly doubt whether you could say that what you now believe to be true came to you strictly through the Bible, without any interpreting and teaching done by men. In fact, I don't think anyone could say that about anything they believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity