Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The kingdom, and the ager to come, is already here if we were to believe He meant what He said, so therefore, the consummation of the ages, has already begun, which leaves UR.....a failure.
The consummation of the ages will end when everyone who needs saving will have been saved.

BIBLICAL CHART OF GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

Quote:
There are many......you just appear to be in denial from accepting them.
There are none.
http://www.restoreallthings.org/down...atsExplnd2.htm (http://www.restoreallthings.org/downloads/BibleThreatsExplnd2.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,582 times
Quote:
I do understand it brother...as I said....Christ's sacrifice is sufficient for all (objective), but only through personal, proclamation of faith, is righteousness imputed subjectively onto one self.

Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life.

By faith, our sins have been forgiven. Justification, just like its opposite, condemnation, is a judgment of God. It is a judicial act of God in which He, as the Judge of all, pronounces a verdict of acquittal upon all sinners. Therefore, it is an act of God outside of us, not, like conversion, within us, that imputes righteousness into us, completing our justification unto life, by faith.

Objective justification is God’s declaration of amnesty to the world of sinners on the basis of the vicarious obedience of Christ, by which He secured a perfect righteousness for all mankind, which God accepted as a reconciliation of the world to Himself, imputing to mankind the merits of the Redeemer
- Dr. Little
I like Dr. Little's paper on this too. I can tell, the seeds have been planted in your heart.

However, the idea of objective justification is not that Christ's sacrifice was merely sufficient, but rather that it actually accomplished the act of our reconciliation. Because of that act, the gift IS justification to life. There is really nothing left to complete except the knowledge of it. Now, the timing of this knowledge, and when we receive imputed righteousness, is not objective, but rather subjective. The objective fact of our justification will cause it's subjective truth (imputed righteousness) to take place in time. But it WILL take place.

In a very real sense our objective justification is not unlike our election. Election (also objective) causes what follows: Our calling, justification (objective), regeneration, imputed righteousness (subjective), sanctification, etc., and our final glorification. That is what Rom 8:30 is telling us.

The important thing to see in all this is that the objective act of justification is to "all men". And it will culminate (be completed) in the final glory of all.

Quote:
We differ here on eschatology. However, Romans 8 is bearing on the Jewish faithful....David, Abraham etc. The subject in 8 is the law.
Yes, and this may be why you are struggling with UR. If I could recommend something that helped me on this. Let the truth of justification guide your thoughts on eschatology. Like Luther said, if we don't get the doctrine of justification right, nothing else will be right either.

Quote:
These are un-scriptural assumptions...why go there?
It was to show you that it is just as un-scriptural to assume that all will not come to faith, and be imputed with the righteousness of Christ.

Quote:
The literal of kosmos...is System. The topic here is the system God has placed before man, that has a law. Faith.
That is your doctrine of eschatology talking...LOL Let the truth of justification be your guide.

Quote:
In that I agree my friend.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:55 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,076 times
Alabama,

I apologize as it appears I may have mislead you into thinking that I am considering UR, I am not, and never will. The difference between you and I are divides in regards to what you consider the NH and E (the finality and everlasting), and what I consider it to be. Although the theme may be the same, the nature of it is far from it. You see the world all become finally saved and living in this reality called the New Heavens and Earth. I see the New Heavens and Earth as God's people, solely, consistently, from Gen 1 to Rev 22. Here are some excerpts and papers by some very close friends of mine.

Romans 8 (http://www.newcreationministries.tv/Articles/Romans8.htm - broken link)

Heavens and Earth by Brian (http://www.newcreationministries.tv/Articles/heavensandearth.htm - broken link)

"Therefore, I defined sanctification, for us living in the “age to come” now, as that which is entirely complete. In the traditional view, the “age to come” is life in eternity and comes at the end of the world. Surely, “in heaven” and in the “age to come” Christians are not still being sanctified! Here, the traditional view is again, correct. However, since we view the “age to come” as already here, it is perfectly logical to insist that we are not longer, as a Church, as the Wife of the Lamb, no the Bride, are “being sanctified.” We are the Wife. The Marriage has already happened. We have been purified, made clean, and are entirely “spotless and without wrinkle.” The “perfection” of Christ has entirely been applied to the Church. Good news, indeed."

Justification by Sam Frost - IBN Immortal Body Now

I believe glorification, the last of the till, is completed, for God's people.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:01 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,582 times
Quote:
Alabama,

I apologize as it appears I may have mislead you into thinking that I am considering UR, I am not, and never will. The difference between you and I are divides in regards to what you consider the NH and E (the finality and everlasting), and what I consider it to be. Although the theme may be the same, the nature of it is far from it. You see the world all become finally saved and living in this reality called the New Heavens and Earth. I see the New Heavens and Earth as God's people, solely, consistently, from Gen 1 to Rev 22. Here are some excerpts and papers by some very close friends of mine.

Romans 8 (http://www.newcreationministries.tv/Articles/Romans8.htm - broken link)

Heavens and Earth by Brian (http://www.newcreationministries.tv/Articles/heavensandearth.htm - broken link)

"Therefore, I defined sanctification, for us living in the “age to come†now, as that which is entirely complete. In the traditional view, the “age to come†is life in eternity and comes at the end of the world. Surely, “in heaven†and in the “age to come†Christians are not still being sanctified! Here, the traditional view is again, correct. However, since we view the “age to come†as already here, it is perfectly logical to insist that we are not longer, as a Church, as the Wife of the Lamb, no the Bride, are “being sanctified.†We are the Wife. The Marriage has already happened. We have been purified, made clean, and are entirely “spotless and without wrinkle.†The “perfection†of Christ has entirely been applied to the Church. Good news, indeed."

Justification by Sam Frost - IBN Immortal Body Now

I believe glorification, the last of the till, is completed, for God's people.
Hey, I was young once too. Still am, comparatively so , the seeds will sprout, you'll come around.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:45 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
I do understand it brother...as I said....Christ's sacrifice is sufficient for all (objective), but only through personal, proclamation of faith, is righteousness imputed subjectively onto one self.

Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life.
By faith, our sins have been forgiven. Justification, just like its opposite, condemnation, is a judgment of God. It is a judicial act of God in which He, as the Judge of all, pronounces a verdict of acquittal upon all sinners. Therefore, it is an act of God outside of us, not, like conversion, within us, that imputes righteousness into us, completing our justification unto life, by faith.

Objective justification is God’s declaration of amnesty to the world of sinners on the basis of the vicarious obedience of Christ, by which He secured a perfect righteousness for all mankind, which God accepted as a reconciliation of the world to Himself, imputing to mankind the merits of the Redeemer
- Dr. Little
::Sigh::This superstitious magical thinking and primitive notion of sacrifice to a demanding wrathful God has got to stop. There was no offense to be judged or to be punished . . . just learning to begin. Our primitive ancestors (A&E) were 99 and 44/100% animal. They did not have the foggiest idea about self-control of anything that their bodies wanted. They had no conception of right or wrong. They had to learn it . . . (and so it is for every infant to this day . . . the "original sin" . . . sin just being failure to properly control our animal desires). What kind of twisted mind can conceive of anger and wrath as a mature adult response to this FIRST failure in discrimination and control of our animal desires?

Jesus is the perfect opposite of this first complete lack of self-control and inability to discriminate among right and wrong responses to our animal nature based on our consciousness. His consciousness had a perfect ability to discriminate and the strength for self-control even through scourging and crucifixion . . . out of "love of God and each other."

This perfection of His consciousness is what reveals Jesus' identity (divinity) with our Father's consciousness in Heaven. This inner consciousness of Jesus is His Spirit that is reborn as Spirit upon His death . . . and connects ALL our human consciousnesses to God through His perfect identity with God's consciousness. This is the "reconciliation" that saves us ALL from separation from God.

Our sanctification is another thing entirely and is based on our individual responsiveness and receptivity (harmonic resonance) to His Holy Spirit within our consciousnesses. This is what is referred to as what we build upon this foundation of a connection to God that Jesus laid for ALL human consciousness. If we build "stubble, wood and hay . . . or gold, silver, etc." that is what is judged . . . NOT our salvation. That is a done deal and happened on the Cross . . . but NOT as payment or punishment . . . but as perfection of "love of God and each other". . . which is what we are to strive for.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Hey, I was young once too. Still am, comparatively so , the seeds will sprout, you'll come around.
LOL...I didn't know 40 years old was young

Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh::This superstitious magical thinking and primitive notion of sacrifice to a demanding wrathful God has got to stop. There was no offense to be judged or to be punished . . . just learning to begin. Our primitive ancestors (A&E) were 99 and 44/100% animal. They did not have the foggiest idea about self-control of anything that their bodies wanted. They had no conception of right or wrong. They had to learn it . . . (and so it is for every infant to this day . . . the "original sin" . . . sin just being failure to properly control our animal desires). What kind of twisted mind can conceive of anger and wrath as a mature adult response to this FIRST failure in discrimination and control of our animal desires?

Jesus is the perfect opposite of this first complete lack of self-control and inability to discriminate among right and wrong responses to our animal nature based on our consciousness. His consciousness had a perfect ability to discriminate and the strength for self-control even through scourging and crucifixion . . . out of "love of God and each other."

This perfection of His consciousness is what reveals Jesus' identity (divinity) with our Father's consciousness in Heaven. This inner consciousness of Jesus is His Spirit that is reborn as Spirit upon His death . . . and connects ALL our human consciousnesses to God through His perfect identity with God's consciousness. This is the "reconciliation" that saves us ALL from separation from God.

Our sanctification is another thing entirely and is based on our individual responsiveness and receptivity (harmonic resonance) to His Holy Spirit within our consciousnesses. This is what is referred to as what we build upon this foundation of a connection to God that Jesus laid for ALL human consciousness. If we build "stubble, wood and hay . . . or gold, silver, etc." that is what is judged . . . NOT our salvation. That is a done deal and happened on the Cross . . . but NOT as payment or punishment . . . but as perfection of "love of God and each other". . . which is what we are to strive for.
MysticPhD,

Sigh...as well brother, but I don't think the peasant in Bulgaria would understand a word you just said.....talk in layman's terms, so that folks who are not as surrealistically inclined as you are, can understand. Just a suggestion...however....I do agree with this...

Quote:
Our primitive ancestors (A&E) were 99 and 44/100% animal.........they did not have the foggiest idea about self-control of anything that their bodies wanted. They had no conception of right or wrong. They had to learn it . .
I think you meant to write in ANE (Ancient Near East) as opposed to A&E...

Old 11-15-2010, 09:51 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
MysticPhD,
Sigh...as well brother, but I don't think the peasant in Bulgaria would understand a word you just said.....talk in layman's terms, so that folks who are not as surrealistically inclined as you are, can understand. Just a suggestion...however....I do agree with this...
I think you meant to write in ANE (Ancient Near East) as opposed to A&E...
Sorry brother . . . layman's speak is not as easy as you seem to think . . . and No . . . I did not mean ANE . . . I meant Adam and Eve.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Alabama Storm:
Quote:
My friend, you and I were justified objectively by Christ alone at the cross, before we were born into this world. And not only so, but God brings the knowledge of our justification to us (through regeneration and faith of the Holy Spirit) while we were yet His enemy. I've shown it to you using scripture numerous times.

Now granted, the truth of our objective justification is not accepted by mainstream Christian churches, but so what? Martin Luther knew and spoke of it 500 years ago, and the Lutheran Churches (orthodox ones) still profess this truth in their Confessions even if not from the pulpit. Even the WCF speaks of it, albeit using archaic terms and phrases that obscure it's truth for those not familiar with it.
That this truth has been lost through most of Christiandom should not surprise us.
Amen. Once you see this, there is no going back to the blindness and darkness of mind. But God delivers each person in His time. We plant and water -- only God, by his Spirit gives the increase of the Kingdom of Christ. So much for free will. For who can resist His will? :-)

Old 11-18-2010, 06:23 AM

28 posts, read 61,795 times
Default Woohoo!

Quote:
LOL...I didn't know 40 years old was young
Then I am young TOO! Yay! Now, just let me remind my body that cuz it seems to think otherwise!

BLessings, brother!

wanda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity