Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 10:40 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,446,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
[font=Verdana]A new covenant replaces that of an old covenant, especially, if the originator of the old contract amended it through an atonement or reparation, regardless of the wrongs which were committed by the other party in past deeds, thus, any liability within the old covenant would no longer be valid. It's called Reconciliation within the Books. However, there are those who use the "Old Covenant" or conditional promises as a defense, but only to further their cause or belief that all men are not created equal.
A question...when you say Old Covenant...are you implying the Mosaic Law covenant is just this?

Quote:
Therefore, salvation only belongs to those who believe now, as if the Spirit is a respecter of persons.
Yay! Hold your breath though....

Quote:
What is unrealized by them, is that ALL WILL come to BELIEVE in due time, each in their own era.
Unrealized for who? You...me.....are we THEM? Or are they/all.... them?

When you mean by all, in their own era...is that everyone in each generation-all, or everyone from each generation, will come to believe....and if so...how is it possible for one from a generation that has long passed by become saved, testifying it in his own era, without belief?

Quote:
Those who misuse the Scriptures to serve their own purpose never fully come to the knowledge of the truth in this life.
What truth...the above truth?

Quote:
They merely seek fame within the sting of death.
Is this a slogan? Where is the product?

Quote:
And the sin that brings it about is unbelief.
Death is in sin, the strength of sin, is the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 10:44 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,413,829 times
Lightbulb Everything I know I have learned from someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There you go again...using someone elses work to validate yourself...
Everything I know I have learned from someone else.

I learned UR by reading many biblical expositions like

A great fifteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World

and

ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST THAT HE WILL SAVE EVERYONE
absolute assurance in jesus christ

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-13-2010 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 11-13-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
What one hears, one learns...What one teaches, one masters...

Thanks for the haiku friend. God bless you.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:50 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,002,970 times
sciota, exactly when did Jesus return to set up the thousand year kingdom on the earth in which the 12 disciples/abostles would reign on twelve thrones over the 12 tribes of Israel?

Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Mat 15:24 and he answering said, `I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'

Explain that...That is from Christ's own mouth...Are you going to tell me that God all of a sudden changed His mind...That He did not know that He was going to include the Gentiles into His plan?...if so, then it is not plan at all...
They can't explain it. It is as far back into Genesis...to the creation event. But that may be another thread...but let's start with:

And it shall come to pass, [that] every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and [with] the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

The Gentiles were always in view. Peculiar people....Created from the world and placed into the garden in Christ....the heavens and earth....Israel.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
sciota, exactly when did Jesus return to set up the thousand year kingdom on the earth in which the 12 disciples/abostles would reign on twelve thrones over the 12 tribes of Israel?
Too bad you are still looking through them wooden glasses.
You won't get it until you take them off.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Everything I know I have learned from someone else.

I learned UR by reading many biblical expositions like
Thank you for attesting to all of us, you reliability on the doctrines of men, and not the Christ himself. Your rebuttal is always someone else's words...be it that...false teachers whom are very confused.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:03 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,942,906 times
After 24 pages, the bottom line is that ETer's cannot and will not believe that God is the savior of all men. They're unable to believe this glorious truth of the Gospel. And they will not until regenerated by the Spirit of God.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:12 AM

Lightbulb Deciding on the basis of the evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Thank you for attesting to all of us, you reliability on the doctrines of men, and not the Christ himself. Your rebuttal is always someone else's words...be it that...false teachers whom are very confused.
The above of course is what I think of you and your teachers too sciota.

Interested readers will check out expositions like the following and will decide for themselves
THE TRUE BASIS OF REDEMPTION – A.P. Adams
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/TrueBasisOfRedemption-APAdams.html
and
CHRIST TRIUMPHANT - Thomas Allin
Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin
and
THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley
The Outcome of Infinite Grace

Old 11-13-2010, 11:20 AM

Exclamation My greatest pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
After 24 pages, the bottom line is that ETer's cannot and will not believe that God is the savior of all men. They're unable to believe this glorious truth of the Gospel. And they will not until regenerated by the Spirit of God.
I agree with you Alabama.

But is my greatest pleasure to guide folk who may be interested in the subject to biblical expositions that explain why I think like I do.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 11-13-2010 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity