Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 03:14 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
On an earlier post you said that you rejected four "chances" to start trusting in Jesus as your Savior but you accepted the fifth "chance."

So then, does not your Full Preterists/Covenant Creationism theology, in reality, depend on one being smart enough to make the right choice before one dies or runs out of "chances" on this earth?

How can you say it doesn't depend on anything with one side of your mouth, then with the other side of your mouth say it depends on accepting a "chance?"

There simply is no will strong enough to defeat God's intention to eventually save everyone from everything from which they need to be saved.
MAN IS NOT A FREE MORAL AGENT
Man Is A Free Moral Agent: Just What Do You Mean Man is A Free Moral Agent; The Sinner Must Decide; The Shepherd Seeks The Sheep; The Will Of Man; I Will Draw All Men Unto Me; By One Man
So...do you believe Salvation is an event in the future, or in the past?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 03:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Sciotamicks, would this be you back in August of 2003?
Humility never hurt anyone, but integrity is important.
Especially, if you desire to instruct or teach others.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:34 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,284 times
Exclamation Absolute assurance that jesus will save all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Great...but you still didn't answer the question. Is it possible for a man, scriptural speaking, to be saved, after he has expired biologically in his sins?
Do you really not think that this doesn't answer your question?
ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST THAT HE WILL SAVE EVERYONE
absolute assurance in jesus christ

Old 11-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:

boulomai & thelo

lwpray
(Lars Widerberg)
Sweden (Prayer Mobilizer within 115 Nations, as an Intercessor)

Sciotamicks, would this be you back in August of 2003? (Although the ending sentence is not identical)
Notes taken on 1 Tim 2:4-6 from:

Greek Synonyms.
2 Peter 3:9 Commentary
Bible Dictionary notes on WILL from biblereferenceguide.com
More and more ....more

Sometimes the most intelligent thing a person can say is...."I am in over my head." It appears you may be Jerwade...I have extensively discussed this very topic in many many places, both on land, and on the net.

If this is the only rebuttal you have, you may want to bow out now.

Remember, this precise topic, I have covered in over a hundred pages of notes...spanning over years.....which I have the access to right now.
It seems the swede and I, are on the very same page, and have used very similar notes.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Do you really not think that this doesn't answer your question?
ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST THAT HE WILL SAVE EVERYONE
absolute assurance in jesus christ
When you say everyone....do you mean their bodies and spirit, or their disembodied spirit solely, and precisely how is a unregenerate spirit, redeemed....by what process?

Old 11-12-2010, 03:42 PM

Exclamation What is important to me

Quote:
For me the answer to that question is not important.

According to the Bible, the successful salvation of everyone who needs salvation from everything from which they need to be saved is a certainty.

That is what is important to me.

[LEFT]A great fifteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
http://www.godfire.net/eby/saviour_of_the_world.html[/LEFT]

Old 11-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Humility never hurt anyone, but integrity is important.
Especially, if you desire to instruct or teach others.
There are no new ideas when it comes to the truth, only new teachers, and if they are consistent with the Bible, then the teaching should come easy and unified with the spirit of Christ.

The truth is integral to your humility.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Default God will have all men to be saved

Quote:
When you say everyone....do you mean their bodies and spirit, or their disembodied spirit solely, and precisely how is a unregenerate spirit, redeemed....by what process?
For me all of that is irrelevant.

Everything in everyone that needs salvation will be saved.
GOD WILL HAVE ALL MEN TO BE SAVED
GOD WILL HAVE ALL MEN BE SAVED: I Will Draw All Men Unto Me; God's Oath - To Save All; The Justification Of All Mankind; Mercy Upon All; Why Teach Salvation For All?

Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
For me the answer to that question is not important.

According to the Bible, the successful salvation of everyone who needs salvation from everything from which they need to be saved is a certainty.

That is what is important to me.

[LEFT]A great fifteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
http://www.godfire.net/eby/saviour_of_the_world.html[/LEFT]
So you disagree with the verses I had posted earlier? That it doesn't fall in the lifetime of the person....that man...or be it that...a disembodied spirit can come to salvation...even though the scriptures teach that baptism is our death, and we are raised to life...while we are biologically alive?

Old 11-12-2010, 03:49 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
Actually, the term "salvation", or being saved, is used as a past tense event, a present tense event, and also as a future tense event:

Past tense:

Rom 8:24 for in hope we were saved, and hope beheld is not hope; for what any one doth behold, why also doth he hope for it ?

Present Tense:

1Co 15:2 through which also ye are being saved, in what words I proclaimed good news to you, if ye hold fast, except ye did believe in vain,

And, Future Tense:

Rom 5:10 for if, being enemies, we have been reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved in his life.

I suppose one could choose all three...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity