Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 11:37 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
I agree with you Alabama.

But is my greatest pleasure to guide folk who may be interested in the subject to biblical exposition that explain why I think like I do.
Same here my friend...To let the world know the goodness of God . To glorify His name:

Psa 86:9 All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
Psa 86:10 For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
Psa 86:11 Teach me thy way, O LORD ; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
Psa 86:12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 12:01 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Mat 15:24 and he answering said, `I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'

Explain that...That is from Christ's own mouth...Are you going to tell me that God all of a sudden changed His mind...That He did not know that He was going to include the Gentiles into His plan?...if so, then it is not plan at all...

Of course you remember Christ approaching the Samaritans ... Also, read Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15 and Luke 24:47.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:07 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
After 24 pages, the bottom line is that ETer's cannot and will not believe that God is the savior of all men. They're unable to believe this glorious truth of the Gospel. And they will not until regenerated by the Spirit of God.

Where you ever an ETer? Just curious ... Do you believe you were born again when you believed in ET, if you ever did?

Old 11-13-2010, 12:20 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
After 24 pages, the bottom line is that ETer's cannot and will not believe that God is the savior of all men.
The bottom line is that UR cannot accept the justice of the Lord, and secondly, they don't understand the reconciliation themes and WHO it applies to. They also are having trouble removing the literal, wooden application to all these themes and discard the real message that lay within.

Quote:
They're unable to believe this glorious truth of the Gospel. And they will not until regenerated by the Spirit of God.
Now you have lost my respect. You claim that any Christian who is not UR, has not been regenerated, thus, in turn, not saved?

Your words are ahead you AS.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:31 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times
Lightbulb The true basis of redemption

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The bottom line is that UR cannot accept the justice of the Lord,
In my opinion the "bottom line" is that FPCCs cannot accept
THE TRUE BASIS OF REDEMPTION – A.P. Adams
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/TrueBasisOfRedemption-APAdams.html

Old 11-13-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Where you ever an ETer? Just curious ... Do you believe you were born again when you believed in ET, if you ever did?
That's an excellent question. I don't believe I ever truly embraced the doctrine of Eternal Torment. Even while a member of the reformed faith (OPC) and proclaiming it to others. There was always doubt concerning that doctrine in my mind. I think it was the regeneration of the Spirit that prevented me from embracing it. Those who truly embrace eternal torment (IMO) do not truly believe that God justifies the ungodly (including themselves) by Christ alone.

Most put faith in their faith, or in their works, to establish their own righteousness before God. I don't believe you can do that and be regenerated by the Spirit.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
The bottom line is that UR cannot accept the justice of the Lord, and secondly, they don't understand the reconciliation themes and WHO it applies to. They also are having trouble removing the literal, wooden application to all these themes and discard the real message that lay within.
That's just it sciota, I do accept (embrace and believe) the full justice of the Lord that was put upon Christ in my stead. Jesus died for me, the sinner. The just for the unjust. Justice has been fully served by Christ's death for me, as well as all sinners.

Actually, it's the ETer's that do not actually believe that God imputed the sinners sin to His son, and therein accomplished justice upon Christ, on the sinners behalf.

Quote:
Now you have lost my respect. You claim that any Christian who is not UR, has not been regenerated, thus, in turn, not saved?
You equate being saved with being regenerated. That's not the case my friend. We ARE SAVED, RECONCILED TO GOD, AND JUSTIFIED BY CHRIST alone, and this happens prior to our being regenerated. Regeneration happens in time and is the beginning of our sanctification PROCESS that culminates in our final glory. Regeneration brings faith to us that embraces the truth of our justification by Christ alone.

Quote:
Your words are ahead you AS.
Sorry, didn't follow that...LOL

Old 11-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
In my opinion the "bottom line" is that FPCCs cannot accept
THE TRUE BASIS OF REDEMPTION – A.P. Adams
http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/TrueBasisOfRedemption-APAdams.html
The Glory of the Gospel, summarized here by Paul:

Rom 4:5 and to him who is not working, and is believing upon Him who is declaring righteous the impious, his faith is reckoned--to righteousness:

Old 11-13-2010, 01:56 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
sciota, exactly when did Jesus return to set up the thousand year kingdom on the earth in which the 12 disciples/abostles would reign on twelve thrones over the 12 tribes of Israel?
Quote:
Too bad you are still looking through them wooden glasses.
You won't get it until you take them off.

In other words, dear Eusebius, I sciota really don't have a good answer for you so I have to resort to put-downsl

Old 11-13-2010, 02:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
It is beyond a shadow of doubt for whom He was sent; each and every one of us.

Romans 3:23: "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"
Romans 3:24: "and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
Romans 3:25: "God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--"

Romans 5:6: "You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly."
Romans 5:7: "Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die."
Romans 5:8: "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:9: "Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!"
Romans 5:10: "For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!"
Romans 5:11: "Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation."

Romans 5:18: "Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men."
Romans 5:19: "For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous."

Romans 6:10: "The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, He lives to God."

1 Corinthians 6:20: "you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

1 Corinthians 7:23: "You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men."

Galatians 1:3: "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,"
Galatians 1:4: "who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,"

Galatians 2:20: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Galatians 3:13: "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.""

Galatians 4:4: "But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law,"
Galatians 4:5: "to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons."

Colossians 1:19: "For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,"
Colossians 1:20: "and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."
Colossians 1:21: "Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior."
Colossians 1:22: "But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation--"

1 Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,"
1 Timothy 2:6: "who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time."

Titus 2:13: "while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,"
Titus 2:14: "who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."

Hebrews 2:17: "For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people."

Hebrews 9:11: "When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation."
Hebrews 9:12: "He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption."
Hebrews 9:13: "The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean."

Hebrews 9:14: "How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!"

Hebrews 9:15: "For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant."

Hebrews 9:24: "For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence."
Hebrews 9:25: "Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own."
Hebrews 9:26: "Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself."
Hebrews 9:27: "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,"
Hebrews 9:28: "so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."

Hebrews 10:9: "Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second."
Hebrews 10:10: "And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."
Hebrews 10:11: "Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins."
Hebrews 10:12: "But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God."

1 Peter 1:18: "For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers,"
1 Peter 1:19: "but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect."

1 Peter 2:24: "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed."

1 John 1:7: "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."

1 John 2:1: "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."
1 John 2:2: "He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."

1 John 4:10: "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity