Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I just told you what I believe and you are twisting it again...

People -through Christ- Salvation....
All people are already saved, or will be automatically saved: Yes or No?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:14 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgirl6973 View Post
I went on the site you added to your post. I wanted to give your view a chance at least. I read the passages outlined in the article; but they had no substance. On there own any passage can be taken out of context. You must read on, and you must read other parts of your bible to get a true understanding. Not to mention you must pray and request true meaning. Jesus will bring each person back from the dead. The bible makes it abundantly clear that all will bow and worship him. In several passages in both the old testament and the new the bible also makes it clear that he will separate the wheat from the chaff. What you do with what you make of the text is entirely your business; but I would stop and ask myself, "if God sacrificed His only son for the people of this world, what could I ever do to repay that debt". What would you allow someone to pay you before you sacrificed your only child? If the answer is nothing, which is my answer, and you can never "buy" this debt, then for any that accept it it is a gift. If God then gave the gift to the world of His only son, and you or anyone doesn't accept the gift of this sacrifice why would He accept them into His Kingdom. Another way I have found to look at is this way. God cannot look at sin. So there was always a sacrifice to cleanse people, through faith, so that God could see them. But these sacrifices were only symbols of the sacrifice to come. No one could live by the laws and the standards God, and He already knew that was going to be the case. So He offered the perfect bridge from this sin filled world to His perfect existence! Amen!
I disagree... I think sin blocks MAN's View of God.. not the other way around. Therefore the sacrifices were not for God but for man's conscience.... Remember in the OT God said he hated sacrifices and wanted them to love each other.

So if sin blocks MAN's view of God then what God sees is the heart of man... and it is the circumcision of man's heart that leads one to belief...

Deut 30:6 The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.

And God circumcises the heart so there is nothing man can do to earn salvation.. not even the choice to believe is up to man.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:31 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Of course there is a contradiction. How can one say that ALL PEOPLE will go to heaven, and at the same time say they need Christ to go to heaven? It is illogical.
Allow me to use an analogy. How can one say that people live, and at the same time say they need a heart to live? Is that illogical?

In other words, God already gave us a heart, but that doesn't mean we don't need the heart to live. God already gave us Jesus (and life through Him), but that doesn't mean we don't need Him.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:42 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Allow me to use an analogy. How can one say that people live, and at the same time say they need a heart to live? Is that illogical?

In other words, God already gave us a heart, but that doesn't mean we don't need the heart to live. God already gave us Jesus (and life through Him), but that doesn't mean we don't need Him.
this is a very apposite anology - I always wonder about these many pseudo-logical arguments against the biblical teaching of the reconciliation of all the universe (Col. 1:20)

Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
You don't need to know about the heart in order to live. It pumps in your chest whether you know it or not.

Same goes for Christ in univeralist world. All people are saved whether or not they know about Christ. They don't need to know him, let alone believe in him. But of course the Bible says that one must come to the light and believe in order to be saved.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:49 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
Quote:
But of course the Bible says that one must come to the light and believe in order to be saved.
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. John 1:9

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. John 12:32

it is Jesus that will save all men and that will reveal Himself to all men in due time.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:56 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:
You don't need to know about the heart in order to live. It pumps in your chest whether you know it or not. Same goes for Christ in univeralist world. All people are saved whether or not they know about Christ.
That's the beauty of God's unconditional love and mercy for the people He created.

Quote:
They don't need to know him, let alone believe in him. But of course the Bible says that one must come to the light and believe in order to be saved.
That's a matter of interpretation, as has been shown over and over on this forum.

You mentioned before that UR means no need for Christ, but He is all that is needed according to UR. According to ET/traditions of men, His sacrifice was not enough, and there's something people need to do to help save themselves, and that "something" varies greatly depending on which denomination's doctrine is stated.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. John 1:9
Be brave, finish the passage, don't just pick one convenient verse:

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:03 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Yo must confess. That is how you are saved in Jesus...none other.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:

Finn Jarber: You don't need to know about the heart in order to live. It pumps in your chest whether you know it or not. Same goes for Christ in univeralist world. All people are saved whether or not they know about Christ.

That's the beauty of God's unconditional love and mercy for the people He created.
No, not according to the Bible. Bible repeats over and over that one must come to the light and believe in Christ to be saved.

Accrding to the universalist belief all people are saved, and that means there is no need to know Christ. It's pretty plain and simple.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Believe, or perish. Now, THAT is plain and simple, and it also happens to be from the most famous Bible verse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity