Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:03 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times

Advertisements

The analogy of Jesus being beaten to a pulp allowing God to remain loving does not measure against endless separation unless you do it with the flesh. Jesus was restored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 01:08 PM

Your begging me to come to your truth and claiming that what you say is only Gods words is the deception.

God is the only power that saves and if he does not save all in some manner then his Love failed.

This has nothing to do with thinking that Gods love should of prevented man from making a certain choice, it is through mans choices that Gods love is shown to be the power that will drive all to salvation.

Man has not the power to save himself and mans choices and understanding is no match for Gods love.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:14 PM

696 posts, read 916,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Your begging me to come to your truth and claiming that what you say is only Gods words is the deception.

God is the only power that saves and if he does not save all in some manner then his Love failed.

This has nothing to do with thinking that Gods love should of prevented man from making a certain choice, it is through mans choices that Gods love is shown to be the power that will drive all to salvation.

Man has not the power to save himself and mans choices and understanding is no match for Gods love.
]
It is no deception it His truth.

That you claim God's love can fail shows you have bought into the deception not of His truth.

It is not through anything of man that God's love is shown. Not his choices, not his actions, and not his works. It is thru Gods Holiness in saving a fallen sinner that His love is shown. And no where does scripture show God will drive all to salvation. Furthur evidence of deception.

Man has not the power to save himself, but man does have the free choice to accept Christ. Thus the man that accepts by his own free choice is in Christ and as Christ is perfect man is found to be perfect in the very eyes of God.

Thus God is Holy and has displayed His love on His terms with no interpretation and no question. It is because He said it is. You can deny it, but I beg you to accept it. You can do so of your own free will.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
]
It is no deception it His truth.

That you claim God's love can fail shows you have bought into the deception not of His truth.

It is not through anything of man that God's love is shown. Not his choices, not his actions, and not his works. It is thru Gods Holiness in saving a fallen sinner that His love is shown. And no where does scripture show God will drive all to salvation. Furthur evidence of deception.

Man has not the power to save himself, but man does have the free choice to accept Christ. Thus the man that accepts by his own free choice is in Christ and as Christ is perfect man is found to be perfect in the very eyes of God.

Thus God is Holy and has displayed His love on His terms with no interpretation and no question. It is because He said it is. You can deny it, but I beg you to accept it. You can do so of your own free will.
Is this verse in your bible

You did not choose me, but I chose you (Hello) and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
]
No, I do not say Gods love fails, I point out that if what you say about eternal separation is true, then Gods love has failed, since Gods love cannot fail, there is no eternal separation in the first place.

You effectively state that a man unrestored is Gods love not failing.

This goes against the knowledge that God has declared that all things will be restored.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Is this verse in your bible

You did not choose me, but I chose you (Hello) and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
How can you quote scripture when you can even understand the basic concept of Gods Holiness in which love is a facet?

I could answer this one for you the question though is do you continue to look for excuses and interpretations.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No, I do not say Gods love fails, I point out that if what you say about eternal separation is true, then Gods love has failed, since Gods love cannot fail, there is no eternal separation in the first place.

You effectively state that a man unrestored is Gods love not failing.

This goes against the knowledge that God has declared that all things will be restored.
Yes you did and I can quote it for you if you like. Your assumption is that if God does not save all God's love fails. As scripture clearly shows God saves those who repent and believe in Him and casts out those who believe in themselves, thus by denying scripture and reinterpretiing it you say Gods love fails. You place sin at Gods feet.

No where does scripture claim Universalism. It is by a snippit of scripture here and a snippit there removed from the whole of scripture it is asserted. Then when placed in the proper whole, the whole is denied by those who took the snippits or they fall back to interpretation excuses, alagories, and sheer speculation. All things of the flesh.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:51 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times
God's Love restores all. It's by man's own choosing if he wants to be restored to either the perfect natural man, as Adam and Eve were, or through Divine Love and enter into His presence. It's mans choosing and God lets man decide who he wants to be. No one will live in hell for eternity as hell will close when the last man chooses the natural or Divine.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
How can you quote scripture when you can even understand the basic concept of Gods Holiness in which love is a facet?

I could answer this one for you the question though is do you continue to look for excuses and interpretations.
God is love 1 John 4 verse 8 .
Not a facet or attribute but who He is.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13 verse 13.

So is John 15 verse 16 in your bible or not ? , how can you be so boastful to believe that you chose Him after reading in words that leave you in no doubt whatsoever that you did not choose Him.

Here it is again if it is not in your bible

16You did not choose me, BUT I CHOSE YOU and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:54 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,165 times
Quote:
Yes you did and I can quote it for you if you like. Your assumption is that if God does not save all God's love fails. As scripture clearly shows God saves those who repent and believe in Him and casts out those who believe in themselves, thus by denying scripture and reinterpretiing it you say Gods love fails. You place sin at Gods feet.

No where does scripture claim Universalism. It is by a snippit of scripture here and a snippit there removed from the whole of scripture it is asserted. Then when placed in the proper whole, the whole is denied by those who took the snippits or they fall back to interpretation excuses, alagories, and sheer speculation. All things of the flesh.
Thank you. You are preaching the truth! If God saves us all, it would be clear as day, but he has stated over and over again what happens when you do not repent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity