Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Thank you. You are preaching the truth! If God saves us all, it would be clear as day, but he has stated over and over again what happens when you do not repent.
Don't you realize that if the foundation of your argument that we chose God is totally unscriptual how can you or Aschultz ever be taken seriously ?

A simple truth that clearly says He chose us, here it is again.

16You did not choose me, BUT I CHOSE YOU and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

Why deny the scripture ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 02:03 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,950,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Yes you did and I can quote it for you if you like. Your assumption is that if God does not save all God's love fails. As scripture clearly shows God saves those who repent and believe in Him and casts out those who believe in themselves, thus by denying scripture and reinterpretiing it you say Gods love fails. You place sin at Gods feet.

No where does scripture claim Universalism. It is by a snippit of scripture here and a snippit there removed from the whole of scripture it is asserted. Then when placed in the proper whole, the whole is denied by those who took the snippits or they fall back to interpretation excuses, alagories, and sheer speculation. All things of the flesh.

Gods love never fails, the difference is not that what you believe is absolute truth it is that we disagree on the effect Gods love has on his creation and the ultimate goal that it will achieve, either way we agree it does not fail whether you like it or not.

Pointing out that I believe that something happening "if true" would be to see Gods love fail IS NOT stating that it will fail. It is stating that I do not believe that something to be possible.

If my assumption is incorrect I will accept the fact that God will punish me for believing his love to be something greater than I can even imagine.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:06 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Don't you realize that if the foundation of your argument that we chose God is totally unscriptual how can you or Aschultz ever be taken seriously ?

16You did not choose me, BUT I CHOSE YOU and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

Why deny the scripture ?
Seriously? You deny every single verse that tells us what happens when we don't repent! You ignore them and they have been shown to you over and over again.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Seriously? You deny every single verse that tells us what happens when we don't repent! You ignore them and they have been shown to you over and over again.
So you not only deny that God chose us you deny it was God that causes a man to repentence

4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

Can you not see that God is behind it all and intializes every single part of our salvation.

Just out of interest do you also believe you repented on your own accord , found Jesus, opened you own eyes and sought God as well as choosing God ?.

It's you i am afraid that needs to get serious and understand that you have it all back to front .

Old 03-11-2010, 02:14 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times
Quote:
So, if you believe that God is merciful, loving in every way and without condition, that He is all that is good, how can you say that Love cannot bring every man back to their rightful place. If we don't repent here on earth, we can still do it in the spirit world. Hell is a place of correction only. It is not for eternity. You deny who God is when you say that tthose who don't repent know what will happen. God is LOVE in It's purest form. Something we cannot fathom yet.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
So, if you believe that God is merciful, loving in every way and without condition, that He is all that is good, how can you say that Love cannot bring every man back to their rightful place. If we don't repent here on earth, we can still do it in the spirit world. Hell is a place of correction only. It is not for eternity. You deny who God is when you say that tthose who don't repent know what will happen. God is LOVE in It's purest form. Something we cannot fathom yet.
Can'twait2leave cannot possibly believe this because what she/he is posting on here states otherwise .

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

The scripture also says "As a man thinks in his heart so is he", what we believe will manifest in our lives , and we will be conditional in our attitude towards others if we believe God is conditional , whether that be in being merciful,loving,forgiving or any of the attributes of the Spirit

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Not even the laws and traditions (the gates of hades) of the fundy can prevail against these attributes of the Spirit.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:33 PM

696 posts, read 916,127 times
Quote:

Why deny the scripture ?
A perfect example of a snippit drawn from the whole that when placed with the whole does not mean what the one of error intended.

Why deny scripture?

A more apt example is why think you can be taken seriously over those who stand on the very scripture you do not except by its own completeness.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
A perfect example of a snippit drawn from the whole that when placed with the whole does not mean what the one of error intended.

Why deny scripture?

A more apt example is why think you can be taken seriously over those who stand on the very scripture you do not except by its own completeness.
John 15 verse 16 is clear, you are deceived if you believe you chose God .
16You did not choose me, BUT I CHOSE YOU and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

It's totally unscriptual for you to suggest and believe that you chose God and there is not a New Covenant scripture that comes close to saying we chose Him.

If you accept the truth of John 15 verse 16 you would have to rethink what you believe .

All that we have is off Him , why can't you accept this ?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:47 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
There is nothing in the Bible that shows us that hell is not for eternity.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:48 PM

696 posts, read 916,127 times
Quote:
John 15 verse 16 is clear, you are deceived if you believe you chose God .
16You did not choose me, BUT I CHOSE YOU and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

It's totally unscriptual for you to suggest and believe that you chose God and there is not a New Covenant scripture that comes close to saying we chose Him.

If you accept the truth of John 15 verse 16 you would have to rethink what you believe .

All that we have is off Him , why can't you accept this ?
Another perfect example of a snippit of scripture taken out of a whole to mean something less than what it does than in the whole.

This is to teach the disciples relation to each other and to establish their equality to each other. This is to remove the concept that perhaps one was the greater than the other or accepted Christ before the other. But you would have been better to read the complete scripture as Christ clearly intends to display this relation so that they would recieve the commandment to Love one another.

Not so long ago I told you this and Ill tell you again. When you choose to stop grabbing snippits of scripture and place them in the whole then you will understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity