Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Is that all you would tell the Mother? Gee...that doesn't help. What about some scripture or words of comfort?
You are as crazy as she is if you start quoting UR talking points to someone who is in process of murdering her baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 12:16 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are as crazy as she is if you start quoting UR talking points to someone who is in process of murdering her baby.
What talking points would you quote to her to assure her that sacrificing his flesh for his eternal soul is a very bad idea?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
What talking points would you quote to her to assure her that sacrificing his flesh for his eternal soul is a very bad idea?
Nothing, I would call the police.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Nothing, I would call the police.
Nothing. That's very sad, but I'm not surprised because the reality of the false teachings of a literal hell are shockingly insane when you really, really stop to think about it. You accused me of having 33 years of misery, but the reason you were wrong is because I didn't give hell that much thought. When my heart got right to the point that I cared about others, I cried out to God and asked him what I was supposed to do. That's when I was in misery, but my journey of misery only lasted a few months as God slowly, but surely revealed His true character to me. I had also asked Him, in trying to understand His plan of heaven and hell, "Who are You?" and he answered. "You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with your whole heart."

Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Trust me, it's a bad idea. It's a VERY BAD IDEA.
Trust you? You who claims almost everyone WILL burn in hell anyway ala "few there be who find it".

Are you saying it's a bad idea because you think babies burn in hell?

What's your explanation?

Again - it's so clear isn't it? Killing babies is wrong period. Under your paradigm though it become a sure way to 'heaven' (unless you answer my baby question above with a "yes".

BTW, some have answered yes.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
bright hope for tomorrow,

Finn really believes that eternal torment for those that do not believe is what God has ordained and will do and he does not seem to have any concern for others that will go there (eternal torment in hell), he believes and his life is saved by his choice to believe and that is enough for him.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Nothing. That's very sad, but I'm not surprised because the reality of the false teachings of a literal hell are shockingly insane when you really, really stop to think about it.
Gospel is a false teaching? Thanks for sharing your opinon.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Trust you? You who claims almost everyone WILL burn in hell anyway ala "few there be who find it".

Are you saying it's a bad idea because you think babies burn in hell?
I never said babies burn in hell. No, I am saying that murdering babies is a bad idea, because it is evil, and will land you in the death chamber, and because you will have to answer to God about it. Oh, I forgot, you believe the mother would not have to pay for her sin.

But you are right, don't take my word for it. If you don't agree that it is a bad idea, then so be it.

Is it just me or is this thread a little childish?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Gospel is a false teaching? Thanks for sharing your opinon.
How rude to change my words!!! I said the false teaching of a literal hell.

Gospel means good news - Salvation for all is good news.

Gospel means good news - People burning in hell for eternity is bad news.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
No, I am saying that murdering babies is a bad idea, because it is evil, and will land you in the death chamber, and because you will have to answer to God about it. Oh, I forgot, you believe the mother would not have to pay for her sin.

But you are right, don't take my word for it. If you don't agree that it is a bad idea, then so be it.

Is it just me or is this thread a little childish?
It's just you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity