Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 09:42 PM

63,857 posts, read 40,142,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
How I think of it is that The experiences we have in our lifetime shape us, that shaping that happens is the result and is what is important, not the individual experience itself - we do not remember past lives because the mundane events are not important it is the character that is shaped, and that shaping is done here, on earth.... not in a spiritual purgatory

It makes no sense to me that a person is born and maybe dies when they are 3 or 5 or 12 ... and others live to 80, 90 and they then become a ‘spirit’? There is no equality in the Christian perspective of live once then spiritual “heaven”
I do not see the next life as a spiritual purgatory but as spiritual infancy marking the beginning of an entirely new Spirit life. What we bring with us is the spiritual characteristics that comprise our spiritual character (body) after any dross (incompatible with God's character) is refined out in the consuming fire of God's love. I see these spiritual characteristics as the equivalent of the physical and mental attributes we had when we were born. In the case of our physical and mental attributes, we had no say in what they are entering this physical life as a physical infant, but we DO have control over what our spiritual attributes are for the spiritual life we are entering as a spiritual infant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 08:03 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,443,101 times
Quote:
Different words are used for these 2 things however I see that people tend to think that they are the same thing - I would have thought that if they were the same thing only one word would have been used to describe it.

How I think of it is that being saved is saved from wrath and judgment - we are called to believe and repent and be saved.

When it talks about being born again - it is specifically of the spirit and the inability of being able to sin (however we know that while we are in the flesh we will sin) it is part of being human.

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Being born again is regeneration (Titus 3:5). It’s the creation of new life in a spiritually dead sinner (Ephesians 2:5). This is an act of God (John 1:12-13, 3:1-8, 5:24-25, 6:44, 8:43-47, 10:26-29, 11:43-44). God saves His enemies who are dead in sin and trespasses (Romans 5:8-10, Ephesians 2:1). Regeneration precedes conversion (read John 9). Conversion involves gospel commands such as repentance, believing on Jesus, water baptism, holy living, etc.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:02 PM

23,182 posts, read 10,474,991 times
Quote:
Maybe scripture to back up what you say - where is the scripture that says be born again and you will be saved? Scriptures seem to say believe and be saved - not be born again and be saved -----

and yes, I do know that being born again is by the Holy Spirit.
Paul's own disciples had not yet been born again, Paul told them they were still his babies until such a time came where Jesus was finally formed in them. These were Gentiles who didn't know the law and the prophets and they had to study and understand in order to be born again. The moment you are actually born again as a mature christian, that born again seed is caught up to heaven to sit in heavenly places.

Revelation 12 is depicting how a Gentile gets born again after 42 months, and Revelation mebtions those 42 months over and over because of the fact that we are in a 7 year covenant, and when one completes his walk in the spring season of dying daily in a Passover lifestyle to studying in a Pentecost lifestyle, he crosses over to the fall season which ends his 42 months where the sacrifices are cut off from the Temple, and you are that temple. Those sacrifices are cut off to make you aware of what you really are without God's hand on you. You have come to the middle of your week, a 7 day week, a 7 year week where all 7 days are named.

The problem being, is that Christians don't know anything about this 7 year covenant, and no Christian can come to the middle of his week to be born again unless he lives and walks in Passover and Pentecost, and that is a problem.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MESSIAH COMES AND DIES?

Daniel
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall makenit desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Unforunately, the Christian will NEVER come to the middle of his week because the Christian is not being raised in Passover and Pentecost that they could ever come to the end of their Passover season, and thus, cannot ever be born again.

Christians don't even know they are in a 7 year covenant, how can they possibly come to the end of their first 42 month?

Old 10-15-2019, 03:23 PM

Hebrews 8~~The pattern and design of the kingdom of Heaven.

There are priests that offer gifts according to the law: Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

The kingdom of heaven is not a box, it is a set pattern and design that is exact and cannot be changed.

This pattern is 3 sections where all concerned are saved, but not all are sons, and not all obtain an immortal body as sons.

The outer court of Gentiles is obviously the least in the kingdom of heaven, and this court is not a part of the temple proper, it is called the outer court of darkness when the light is compared between the light of the court and the light of God within the Holy place.

What did Jesus tell us about the least in the kingdom of heaven?

Jesus said that you could speak against him and be forgiven, Jesus said that you can decide not to keep any of the laws of Moses, and even teach others not to keep the laws of Moses and STILL be saved, but you are the least in the kingdom of heaven.

99.9 percent of all Christians are standing in that outer court for this reason, but they are still saved, they are just the least in the kingdom because they chose to remain Gentiles. Then we have the temple proper consisting of two sections called the Holy Place, and the Holy of Holies, and only Israel may walk within those halls.

Gentiles have a chance to become Israel to gain entrance where only Israel may go, but they simply choose not to.

The Holy of holies is the higher Zoe Kingdom, and there are two words for the word,'' Life,''

The first,'' LIFE,'' speaks about great blessings of life in the Holy place, but the Holy of Holies is the word,'' ZOE LIFE,'' and this translates to ABUNDANT LIFE.

The Holy of Holies is reserved for the few people in history who sacrificed everything for God and who have now become high priests, BRETHREN TO CHRIST.

It is very simple, the temple's design and it's comings and goings teach us what heaven is so that we do not have to wonder, learn the temple, learn it's comings and goings and you will learn of the afterlife.

But this is impossible isn't it?

Christians shun everything of the temple, how will they ever learn? They wont.

How will they ever progress?

THEY WONT.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:38 PM

Just to be sure, for all my study and my progression, although I always speak about lawless pagan Christians and how they stand in the outer court of darkness, I also see myself standing there with them.

Even though I know the plan and the path, I don't see myself as a man having arrived.

What I suspect is that very few people in history have obtained that ultimate goal, and I am in a race to that day, IT IS IN FACT! A RACE.

This is what everyone has forgot, it is a race, a very important race to the day of the Lord in your own lifetime.

This is what the first disciples knew, and because they knew, they were racing and ever progressing from level to level.

You take away the knowledge of everyone being in a race to their death, and you have no race. Nobody will ever get to the finish line UNLESS they know that it is a race to the end.

People just say,'' Jesus,'' and they think they have won the race when this couldn't be further from the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity