Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 06:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Question: How long should God show His patience towards mankind and we continually reject Him? How long shall He show His mercies and goodness and we continually thumb our noses at Him? How long is long enough?

No ending? That even unto death you're still saved? That His dying on the cross was in vain but only to a few?
Well dear Betsey the only way i can i answer this question is by how long suffering He is with me the chief of sinners
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 06:21 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Question: How long should God show His patience towards mankind and we continually reject Him? How long shall He show His mercies and goodness and we continually thumb our noses at Him? How long is long enough?

No ending? That even unto death you're still saved? That His dying on the cross was in vain but only to a few?
What do you think patience is Betsey? Humans have a very weak sense of it, usually meaning "I'll be patient until I'm impatient". That is not patience.

God is not like that. God is longsuffering. His mercy never ends, He devises ways to bring the banished back to Himself, and He delights in showing His mercy.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,960 times
Betsey,

When you repent, do you tell God all the things you have done wrong and all the other things that are worrying you? Do you feel better immediately after doing that, or does it take some time until you receive a sign from him?

Old 03-14-2010, 07:28 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What do you think patience is Betsey? Humans have a very weak sense of it, usually meaning "I'll be patient until I'm impatient". That is not patience.

God is not like that. God is longsuffering. His mercy never ends, He devises ways to bring the banished back to Himself, and He delights in showing His mercy.
I have a question for whoever repped me on this post. How is this post "creating discord?"

Old 03-14-2010, 08:20 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Those "pharisee cards"........not going to work with me; I'm not that easily trumped, sorry. I'll stick to the Bible, thank you. I'm here for one reason only; that is to spread the Good News of His soon coming and praying that you see time is winding up, people.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:15 PM

I can't do it. Have someone else tell you what you want to hear, but I won't. My final answer!!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:28 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
A quick word from the mod..

Rep comments can be seen by us and are subject to the TOS same as these posts are..

OK? Back to the topic now

Old 03-23-2010, 05:48 PM

Here's what the WORD OF GOD STATES:

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

(1 Timothy 4:1-2)

THAT'S ALL HIM! Amen?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:09 PM

You know what's the saddest part about it is? That it's not one -verses- the other....but it should be what the Bible has to say about it, and that should be the FINAL ANSWER, but lo, it's not so, so we keep reaching out day, after day, after day to bring the Word according to God.

Isn't there some still left that wants to hear the Gospel pure and true anymore? For we desire to tell it this way and no other!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:23 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Or, what would you rather hear,
That Christ neither died for you, nor does He even care?

That He never washed you're sins away and yours are here to stay?
That you can continue on sinning, regardless of what He has to say?

Well, today I'm here to tell you, that's a lie straight from hell,
The very one that's still being told ever since Lucifer fell!

I tell you that all His Words are true
And they're for the great and small.

So I plead with you today my friends
To make Him your ALL & ALL!

For He is the Almighty Judge
And has SPOKEN His decree.......

And that "feel good story" that you so want to hear,
Will not be from me, BETSEY!!

Author (an original, straight from the heart)...........Your Sister in Christ Jesus, Betsy

Actually if the ideas that you believe are the truth of the bible, then it really has not deterred you from misrepresenting others beliefs and therefor cannot be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity