Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 02:24 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,093,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So only those believers a Phillipi will confess? Christ is Lord of ALL but yet he has no power over hell? LOL

He asked a question and you are evading the answer. In or out of context the verse states that ALL will confess. This cannot refer to only those at Phillipi because I confess that Jesus is Lord... and I don't reside in Philipi nor do I live in the 1st century.

It seems that ETers discount the bible in order to retain their hell...
I see that you are unable to understand logic...therefore, i also see that you are unabe to understand scripture without someone telling you what it means...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Don't underestimate the power of God, brother!

Blessings,
brian
I do not underestimate the power of God, but He is not going to say one thing in Scripture and then do the opposite...

Old 05-23-2010, 02:29 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I neglect neither....but, i know when i see the religious structure that is being set up for the Anti-Christ...
That religious structure has been here since the early days of the church , it looks and sounds like the real thing ,but when all said and done is a counterfeit, and it's foundation is not a revelation of the Christ but of the intelectual knowledge of the scriptures.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Christ said that? Can you show me where.

And where does it say they are separated from God eternally?

The lake of fire is from Rev. which is full of symbols. Does that mean the lake of fire really burns?

Revelation 9:17 And this is how I saw in the vision the horses and those who sat on them: the riders had breastplates the color of fire and of hyacinth and of brimstone; and the heads of the horses are like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths proceed fire and smoke and brimstone.

Does the fire burn their mouths? Do they really have heads of lions on horses bodies?

Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
Mar 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.
Mar 9:41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
Mar 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mar 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mar 9:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mar 9:49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
Mar 9:50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]

Old 05-23-2010, 02:33 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,379,434 times
Quote:
I do not underestimate the power of God, but He is not going to say one thing in Scripture and then do the opposite...
He's done it many many times in the past.- What makes you think He can't do it again?

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-23-2010, 02:37 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,905,547 times
Quote:
You are so off on that...So, by your own words not everyone will be saved...
No, I did not say not everyone will be saved. Rev 22:14 has wicked people outside the city... so clearly not everyone is saved as of that description. But people are being saved there, since they entering the city from without. It is a picture of repentence and obedience to Christ from a state of rebellion and disobedience.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
What? How do you know what God is ok with?

I don't know how it would negate anything to help someone who is gay and a universalist... what if your fellow christians accused you of being gay and a universalist because you helped them? What do you do then?
Because God states in Scripture what He is ok with and what He is not ok with...And i do not care what tothers think...i am a God pleaser and not a man pleaser...And i am comfortable with who i am...just because someone says i am Gay does not make it true...i know what i am and so does God...

Old 05-23-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Actually it doesn't really say... Saul was beheaded... Christ took his old mind and restored it.

But the point was that sciota states there are disembodied souls talked about in the bible... I have yet to see where in the bible this talk is.
I was not talking about Saul...i was speaking of the beheaded of Revelations which has nothing to do with Saul...Here it is

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Cor 12 verse 3

According to the scripture we can only confess He is Lord by the Holy Ghost .
So, he must be talking about only believers, because only those regenerated by the Holy Spirit can confess Jesus as Lord...But, then again how many have said Jesus is Lord only to deceive people...i did before i was saved so to impress those around me in chrurch...it was not a genuine confession...so, the author must be implying something else in context...

Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That religious structure has been here since the early days of the church , it looks and sounds like the real thing ,but when all said and done is a counterfeit, and it's foundation is not a revelation of the Christ but of the intelectual knowledge of the scriptures.
Right...UR is a religious structure set up by man to please the populous...i agree with you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity