Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 02:49 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I can make that statement, because I have been around enough people to jusify the generalization.

You don't believe it, that is for sure.
Excuse me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 04:09 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
.....that Jesus Christ was resurrected whole and recognizable.
No He wasn't. Read the scriptures again.

And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.

Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father

The greatest joy of his resurrection was that it was a step towards his ascension.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:23 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Read Daniel 7
Have you read Daniel 7? I just did... The judgment seat is not said to be in heaven.. you will have to be more specific than that. The 4 kingdoms come from the EARTH and so does the kingdom of the most high... the only references to heaven are:

"four winds of heaven"

"one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven"

"greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven"

Yeah... so I don't know why you are giving Daniel 7 as proof that the Judgment seat is in Heaven. It isn't according to Daniel 7.

So actually the kingdom given to the saints is UNDER the whole heaven...

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:39 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I always told my daughter from birth to an adult that God created her for a very special reason, that she was important to God and that there was not another one like her, never was one like her and never will be another like her.
That is just plain arrogance...not humility...

Old 05-24-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I had the same experience and though my dad was never into that, my mother is still under the impression I am going to hell and even refuses to associate with me, let alone have my own siblings (that are still young) over. She states that my actions as a child (I was quite rebellious) requires her to keep her distance but you should here what SHE did as a child! Yet she believes in hell so she is safe... I don't believe in hell so I must be going there!

It was terrible growing up with hell hanging over my head. There was emotional and physical abuse in the name of God. I've heard my own mother praying to God saying "if she's going to end up in hell then God strike her down now!"

Yet my mother goes to church umpteen times a week and only associates with church people....

Now I have NEVER said anything about hell to my children... and I never will!
Your children will find out the truth for themselves...you won't have to tell them...

Old 05-24-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Read Daniel 7
This is the problem here, these UR people ar argueing from books they read of other proples opinions, and it shows that they do not read the scriptures themselves...I prefer to show sytematically through a chapter or better yet a whole book of the bible where the author is taking the reader...not just pulling individual verses out that actually mean nothing...

Old 05-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Did you read Isaiah 45?....for it was written there first.
Tell it like it is, brother...

Old 05-24-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
My apologies for not answering you. I will try here.

Because obviously not everyone is confessing their faith are they? The prophetic nature of the kingdom's arrival was finished, the work for "salvation and eternality" for His people was complete. Remember, prior to Christ, no one went anywhere but Sheol/Hades.

No..that is incorrect.
God is responsible for who HE CHOOSES for His good work.

Because you, who is witnessing, are part of that work and regenrtation God uses to bring someone to the faith, those whom He already chose.
Your witness, is an integral part of His work and regeneration.

The whole purpose of the gospel.

Ok......you mean the salvific work on the cross offered the road to salvation for those who put their faith in Him? Unlike before, when there was no road to redemption from sin for anyone.

Scripture to support the above view?
I am already made right with Christ, because His blood is on me.

Interesting, because the scriptrues tell a different story about God's feelings on those who deny Him and His Son.
Agreement Here...She is just one of those that think God or Christ talks to her and reveals things that are not in scripture...

Old 05-24-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I've completely lost my patience for this nonsense. I'm saying, not trying to say, that Jesus Christ was resurrected whole and recognizable. Therefore, we can expect the same. End of discussion.
Read it again...

Old 05-24-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Yes, thank you Richard from the bottom of my heart.
Thank you in all humility...it is how God made me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity