Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Our kill em' with kindness approach isn't working.
I don't think I have seen a UR try it yet. I keep hearing them talk about love and such, but when I read the posts I see false accusations and other unpleasant tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 04:02 PM

33,281 posts, read 26,487,831 times
Quote:
Our kill em' with kindness approach isn't working.

You all repeatedly attack us and tell us what we believe. It is NOT what we believe, but you tell us over and over it IS what we believe. It is VERY frustrating......

You all lie about us (you do, whether you know it or not). It hurts.

You guys could at the very LEAST say you don't agree. That would work. But, you don't. And then Mike555 comes on and tells EVERYBODY they are going to a literal lake of fire if you don't believe as he says. Ridiculous. You ALL rally around him, but when we do the same, we get attacked. It goes both ways. It really does.

Tell me, are those SPIRITS being attacked by a LITERAL fire? Really? THINK!
To the contrary. The Scriptures state the case.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey (believe) the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Matthew 25:41 Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed one, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. 46) ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.''

Whatever the exact nature of that place is, it is the eternal prison of those who die without Christ. So says the word of God.

Many will not listen. Many will not be saved. They bring their eternal destruction upon themselves.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:02 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think I have seen a UR try it yet. I keep hearing them talk about love and such, but when I read the posts I see false accusations and other unpleasant tactics.
At least you won't find them telling you you're going to hell!

blessings,
brian

Old 06-02-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
At least you won't find them telling you you're going to hell!
I asked what kind of punishment they believe in, but no one answered.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:06 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,197,474 times
Quote:
There are both kinds of people on both sides. Oh, yes, there are.

And, if you haven't seen a "UR" try it, you simply don't want to see it. I have been reading these forums for over a year, and I joined because of the URs. They were patient. More so than me. I would be tearing my hair out by now. They try to explain things in a variety of ways so that ALL can see who are looking. No cutting and pasting the same thing over and over and over. They really care, and they study on their own. Not just arguing for argument's sake. Not typically, anyway. I have learned more than I thought I would ever know. And I cannot stop, now. It is the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me. My family sees the change in me, I see the change in me, and I cannot go back to tradition. It won't happen.

There is only one thing I want to do, and that is study scripture, study tradition, and clear things up. Because things are a mangled mess out there.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
They try to explain things in a variety of ways so that ALL can see who are looking. No cutting and pasting the same thing over and over and over.
Actually all they need to do is use the Bible to prove their points, but they keep cutting and pasting the same verse which have been taken out of context and misrepresented. It has been pointed out to them over and over and they always come back to paste the same verses as if nothing had been said. They have been proven wrong, but there are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:14 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Quote:
I asked what kind of punishment they believe in, but no one answered.
I don't think we can actually "explain" what a suffering moment would be like, just as we cannot know what "paradise" or "heaven 1,2 or 3" are like.
It may be a type of "internal torment" or "regret" of something not done, for example.

The important thing to keep in mind, is that when Jesus talked about punishment, we know that if He is the one "punishing," then we know that He is also very merciful and forgiving. Whatever any "hell" may be, there is ALWAYS forgiveness. This is as "fundamental" as fundamentalism can ever get.

Why is it we humans are so focused on punishment, and not rather on forgiveness, mercy and Love?

IMO anyway,

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-02-2010, 04:43 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,197,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. The Scriptures state the case.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey (believe) the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

Matthew 25:41 Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed one, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. 46) ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.''

Whatever the exact nature of that place is, it is the eternal prison of those who die without Christ. So says the word of God.

Many will not listen. Many will not be saved. They bring their eternal destruction upon themselves.

Mike, you know the argument. Not getting into it again. (the SPIRITS are thrown into WHAT kind of fire???) I'll just leave it at that, for now. Gotta do some chores.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
This is easily you as well.
Exactly and the devil believes and trembles and he can quote scripture and he can appear has an angel of light , but i suppose if you have what you believe to be all the correct doctrine nailed that proves you are a christian hey

Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 PM

595 posts, read 762,393 times
Very Good post Mike!
Matthew 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen."
Acts 22:14 "Then he said: 'The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth.
Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen, [ Or were made heirs] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,
Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Jesus begins my faith and perfects my faith. (My faith is not my own. I cannot boast of my faith.)
I have been given the Gift of the Holy Spirit, Counsels my heart and mind to make decisions for the -purpose of fullfilling God's plan in my life for his Glory. ( I cannot boast of my decisions for the Holy Spirit Counsels and directs the course.)
Grace is plentiful in my time of need. ( I cannot boast of Grace for it is God's, so I boast of the work God is doing in me, Thank you Father.)
Jesus is my gift of mercy from God. Jesus gave it all willingly so I will be living with Him for eternity. By His precious Blood, Jesus washed away my sins to be right with the Father and to have a intimate relationship with Him, before the number of my days. Jesus, through me as you also, God has and continues to make Himself(Jesus) known and recieve Glory.
Faith and deeds walk hand in hand. The faith Jesus gives in me, recieves the Gift of the Holy Spirit for God to will and act in me for his good purpose. Power from Heaven (Holy Spirit) helps me to will and act, (obedience). Proof, the Love of God is working in you.

Recieving the Fullness of Christ.
Jesus' had all faith in the Father that Jesus himself has all power in heaven, on earth and under earth. Jesus knew he had the power to lay down his life and to take his life up again. Faith and deeds. He did it all. The Lord's whole life on earth was faith and deeds.

The feeding of the five thousand- He thanked the Father and fed them.
He spoke healing, he touched- they were healed.

Not one contradiction in Faith and Deeds. And on the Cross, Faith and Deeds were made complete and perfection was made. It is done.

Being like the Master.

God Bless,
Mercy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity