Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I don't think we can actually "explain" what a suffering moment would be like, just as we cannot know what "paradise" or "heaven 1,2 or 3" are like.
It may be a type of "internal torment" or "regret" of something not done, for example.

The important thing to keep in mind, is that when Jesus talked about punishment, we know that if He is the one "punishing," then we know that He is also very merciful and forgiving. Whatever any "hell" may be, there is ALWAYS forgiveness. This is as "fundamental" as fundamentalism can ever get.

Why is it we humans are so focused on punishment, and not rather on forgiveness, mercy and Love?

IMO anyway,

Blessings,
brian
Here is a hint: Matthew 25:41
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 06:21 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary.

It is the rejection of the truth by which those who are condemned remain condemned. It is the Scriptures which present the truth. I have presented the Scriptures. Those who are wise will heed the gracious warnings of the Lord in His written word, whereby He tells of the final and eternal consequences of rejecting Christ. The foolish will not listen.
You sure are into condemnation, Mike. It seems to be an obsession with you. Truly, if you could take your blinders off and hear yourself, you really might blush. I'm always astonished when I find someone as brash as you going about with the booming voice that sounds like a clanging gong. Boom, boom, boom!!!

Sigh......

Old 06-02-2010, 06:56 PM

33,341 posts, read 26,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Mike, you know the argument. Not getting into it again. (the SPIRITS are thrown into WHAT kind of fire???) I'll just leave it at that, for now. Gotta do some chores.
Matthew 25:41 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found in written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Let those who reject the word of God on the matter, make of those descriptions what they will. It is not a place anyone wants to spend eternity. But those who die without Christ will spend unending eternity in the very same eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. And those there, will not be trying to explain it away.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You sure are into condemnation, Mike. It seems to be an obsession with you. Truly, if you could take your blinders off and hear yourself, you really might blush. I'm always astonished when I find someone as brash as you going about with the booming voice that sounds like a clanging gong. Boom, boom, boom!!!

Sigh......
To the contrary. The Scriptures are presented so that whosoever will listen, may come to an understanding of the issue. The eternal condemnation of the unbeliever merits much attention so that the wise will take heed.

Last edited by Michael Way; 06-02-2010 at 07:20 PM..

Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Very Good post Mike!
Matthew 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen."
Acts 22:14 "Then he said: 'The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth.
Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen, [ Or were made heirs] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,
Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Jesus begins my faith and perfects my faith. (My faith is not my own. I cannot boast of my faith.)
I have been given the Gift of the Holy Spirit, Counsels my heart and mind to make decisions for the -purpose of fullfilling God's plan in my life for his Glory. ( I cannot boast of my decisions for the Holy Spirit Counsels and directs the course.)
Grace is plentiful in my time of need. ( I cannot boast of Grace for it is God's, so I boast of the work God is doing in me, Thank you Father.)
Jesus is my gift of mercy from God. Jesus gave it all willingly so I will be living with Him for eternity. By His precious Blood, Jesus washed away my sins to be right with the Father and to have a intimate relationship with Him, before the number of my days. Jesus, through me as you also, God has and continues to make Himself(Jesus) known and recieve Glory.
Faith and deeds walk hand in hand. The faith Jesus gives in me, recieves the Gift of the Holy Spirit for God to will and act in me for his good purpose. Power from Heaven (Holy Spirit) helps me to will and act, (obedience). Proof, the Love of God is working in you.

Recieving the Fullness of Christ.
Jesus' had all faith in the Father that Jesus himself has all power in heaven, on earth and under earth. Jesus knew he had the power to lay down his life and to take his life up again. Faith and deeds. He did it all. The Lord's whole life on earth was faith and deeds.

The feeding of the five thousand- He thanked the Father and fed them.
He spoke healing, he touched- they were healed.

Not one contradiction in Faith and Deeds. And on the Cross, Faith and Deeds were made complete and perfection was made. It is done.

Being like the Master.

God Bless,
Mercy
Thank you. I'm doing what I can to make the issue concerning salvation, and the alternative, clear to those who will listen. God bless.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:30 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,427,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Thank you. I'm doing what I can to make the issue concerning salvation, and the alternative, clear to those who will listen. God bless.
And you are doing a GREAT job! Many are reading that don't post. Stay strong in the Lord and post what He lays on your heart!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
And you are doing a GREAT job! Many are reading that don't post. Stay strong in the Lord and post what He lays on your heart!
Thanks ILNC. That's nice to hear. I truly appreciate it. God bless you!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,229,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I agree! Many don't like what you have to say, but you always use scripture to back it up so they need to take it up with God

Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I agree! Many don't like what you have to say, but you always use scripture to back it up so they need to take it up with God
Thanks CW2L. We will all appear before the Lord, either at the judgment of Christ as believers to be evaluated for rewards, or at the great white throne judgment as unbelievers for final sentencing to the lake of fire.

At the judgment seat of Christ, I hope to have a crown or two that I can lay at His feet.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:19 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,956 times
Quote:
No, Mike, what you have done is tried to convince us that you know who is and is not SAVED - who IS or IS NOT a TRUE BELIEVER. You are full of yourself - it is very obvious. If you were filled with the Spirit of Christ you'd be full of grace and truth and you'd be bearing the fruits of the Holy Spirit... love, joy, peace, mercy, kindness, meekness, humility, self control.... I suggest that you might want to go into your prayer closet and ask God to examine you in private. You are the consummate Pharisee, thinking yourself saved and other Christians lost. It's really tiring. How dare you continue to condemn those who believe in UR. They do not condemn you! You are setting yourself up in the place of Christ. I would recommend that you NOT continue doing that.
Heartsong
Quote:

Sigh

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity