Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:06 AM

33,303 posts, read 26,501,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Mike... is there any reason why you quoted John 3:16 and 3:18 but left out 3:17? For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

God sent his son into the same world that he is saving... Yet you left that out.. I suppose because it does not support your agenda..

That is kinda deceiving, isn't it?
Those with discernment may decide for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
What do the Scriptures themselves say but this...

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world that He gave His uniquely born (monogenes) Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Those who do not believe in Christ are going to perish.

John 3:18 He who believes in Him is not judged; but he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the uniquely born Son of God.

Those born into the world are born already under the penalty of sin, which is spiritual death. Separation from God in time. No relationship with God. Those who depart this life having never received Jesus Christ as their Savior lose their opportunity to do so and continue through eternity with no relationship with God. Forever separated from God.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides (remains) on him.

One has eternal life; the other shall not see life (not cessation of existance, but eternal ruin and uselessness in torment in the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels)

John 8:23 And He was saying to them, ''You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world. 24) ''I said therefore to you that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am (the word 'He' is not found in the orginal), you shall die in your sins.''

Jesus made it clear that you must believe that He is God. His statement that He is 'I am' is a direct declaration of His deity. He was claiming the divine name for Himself (Exodus 3:14). In John 8:58 He had made the following statement. ''...Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'' Those who die not believing in Christ, and if you don't believe in the deity of Christ, you don't believe in the real Jesus; die in their sins. They remain under judgment, which is spiritual death parlayed into the second death, which is eternal separation from God in the lake of fire.

Matthew 10:28 ''And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

This is a direct statement from Jesus to fear God, who in absolute justice and righteousness, must send into the eternal fire, those who don't receive Him as Savior.

Revelation 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Why therefore, do you ask me my opinion, as if what I think about it has any bearing on the reality of the matter?

Why then do you ask if declaring the truth to a lost and dying world is of help, when those who listen will be saved?

To what end do you ask if I have any joy or rest in God who, in perfect and absolute holiness, justly leaves in eternal condemnation, those who refuse His offer of salvation, when that very same absolute holiness guarantees the eternal security of those who do receive His offer of salvation?

God has done all He can do, short of coercing the volition of man, to save man. Those who end up in the lake of fire have only themselves to blame. My joy and rest in God are not affected by the foolish decisions of the lost who reject the one way that God could provide salvation for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 02:39 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,538,246 times
Quote:

Then why not post all three verse and leave people to decide for themselves rather then leave the middle one out? Seems deceptive to me considering that you are claiming only some are God's when it says he came into the world to save the world... also it says he didn't come to condemn and then the next verse says they are judged already.... seems to be some information you purposely skipped...

Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Mike... is there any reason why you quoted John 3:16 and 3:18 but left out 3:17? For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

God sent his son into the same world that he is saving... Yet you left that out.. I suppose because it does not support your agenda..

That is kinda deceiving, isn't it?
The poster is referring to the post which I have included below.

To which I replied,

Quote:

And then showed the post below, which contains the Scriptures which should show the absurdity of the question.

Quote:
What do the Scriptures themselves say but this...

John 3:16 ''For God so loved the world that He gave His uniquely born (monogenes) Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Those who do not believe in Christ are going to perish.

John 3:18 He who believes in Him is not judged; but he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the uniquely born Son of God.

Those born into the world are born already under the penalty of sin, which is spiritual death. Separation from God in time. No relationship with God. Those who depart this life having never received Jesus Christ as their Savior lose their opportunity to do so and continue through eternity with no relationship with God. Forever separated from God.

John 3:36 ''He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides (remains) on him.

One has eternal life; the other shall not see life (not cessation of existance, but eternal ruin and uselessness in torment in the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels)

John 8:23 And He was saying to them, ''You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world. 24) ''I said therefore to you that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am (the word 'He' is not found in the orginal), you shall die in your sins.''

Jesus made it clear that you must believe that He is God. His statement that He is 'I am' is a direct declaration of His deity. He was claiming the divine name for Himself (Exodus 3:14). In John 8:58 He had made the following statement. ''...Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'' Those who die not believing in Christ, and if you don't believe in the deity of Christ, you don't believe in the real Jesus; die in their sins. They remain under judgment, which is spiritual death parlayed into the second death, which is eternal separation from God in the lake of fire.

Matthew 10:28 ''And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

This is a direct statement from Jesus to fear God, who in absolute justice and righteousness, must send into the eternal fire, those who don't receive Him as Savior.

Revelation 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Why therefore, do you ask me my opinion, as if what I think about it has any bearing on the reality of the matter?

Why then do you ask if declaring the truth to a lost and dying world is of help, when those who listen will be saved?

To what end do you ask if I have any joy or rest in God who, in perfect and absolute holiness, justly leaves in eternal condemnation, those who refuse His offer of salvation, when that very same absolute holiness guarantees the eternal security of those who do receive His offer of salvation?

God has done all He can do, short of coercing the volition of man, to save man. Those who end up in the lake of fire have only themselves to blame. My joy and rest in God are not affected by the foolish decisions of the lost who reject the one way that God could provide salvation for them.
And the poster still comes back with this reply.

Quote:
Then why not post all three verse and leave people to decide for themselves rather then leave the middle one out? Seems deceptive to me considering that you are claiming only some are God's when it says he came into the world to save the world... also it says he didn't come to condemn and then the next verse says they are judged already.... seems to be some information you purposely skipped...
Now, I would like those who understand the point I am making, to let me know!!! I can't believe that it isn't obvious.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:53 PM

139 posts, read 224,326 times
mike555
i think your want to be right overrides all else..i dont say this out of any bad mind.. but just an observation.
its like you sit with a bible trying to lead peole to god..while god sits right next to u wandering "why doesnt he just introduce Me..am right here.
instead of promoting a bible which is dead Unless the spirit is present..
it makes more sense to lead people the spirit who is the life and light and power, by itself without any written words accompanying it. then the spirit can lead us into all truths..wherever they me be.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
mike555
i think your want to be right overrides all else..i dont say this out of any bad mind.. but just an observation.
its like you sit with a bible trying to lead peole to god..while god sits right next to u wandering "why doesnt he just introduce Me..am right here.
instead of promoting a bible which is dead Unless the spirit is present..
it makes more sense to lead people the spirit who is the life and light and power, by itself without any written words accompanying it. then the spirit can lead us into all truths..wherever they me be.
The Holy Spirit only works with the doctrines that are transfered from the Bible into the soul of the believer. The Bible is the written word of God. It is the source of all divinely revealed knowledge concerning God. The Holy Spirit will never teach or reveal anything that is contrary to what is contained in the Scriptures.

Anyone who thinks that the Holy Spirit is revealing anything to them apart from the study of the Word of God is mistaken. In this dispensation, in this church-age, the written word of God is the means by which God has chosen to communicate with believers. Yes, the Holy Spirit makes the doctrines of the word of God perspicacious to the believer. But apart from the written word of God, the Holy Spirit has nothing with which to work.

Knowledge of Bible doctrine is the greatest virtue in the Christian life, as it is through Bible doctrine that the believer comes to know God. 2 Tim 2:15; 2 Peter 3:18.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:15 PM

its a shame that u limit gods powers to a book.. or even to this world.. for he is Mighty and Great and ALIVE and in everything..
peace love and guidance

Old 06-04-2010, 04:17 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,190,414 times
Quote:
The Holy Spirit only works with the doctrines that are transfered from the Bible into the soul of the believer. The Bible is the written word of God. It is the source of all divinely revealed knowledge concerning God. The Holy Spirit will never teach or reveal anything that is contrary to what is contained in the Scriptures.

Anyone who thinks that the Holy Spirit is revealing anything to them apart from the study of the Word of God is mistaken. In this dispensation, in this church-age, the written word of God is the means by which God has chosen to communicate with believers. Yes, the Holy Spirit makes the doctrines of the word of God perspicacious to the believer. But apart from the written word of God, the Holy Spirit has nothing with which to work.

Knowledge of Bible doctrine is the greatest virtue in the Christian life, as it is through Bible doctrine that the believer comes to know God. 2 Tim 2:15; 2 Peter 3:18.
But...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/14474530-post18.html

Quote:
But apart from the written word of God, the Holy Spirit has nothing with which to work.
Then someone without a bible is cut off from the work of the Spirit? I have to call you out on that...

Old 06-04-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
But...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/14474530-post18.html

Then someone without a bible is cut off from the work of the Spirit? I have to call you out on that...
As I said, the doctrines contained in the word of God must be transferred, (learned, metabolized) into the soul of the believer through study and inculcation. The Holy Spirit enables the believer to metabolize the doctrine, and then the Holy Spirit uses that doctrine in the soul of the believer to cause spiritual growth within the believer. I think I have already been over this with you on another thread. And it is not the subject of this thread. I merely replied to a poster's comments.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
its a shame that u limit gods powers to a book.. or even to this world.. for he is Mighty and Great and ALIVE and in everything..
peace love and guidance

As do many, you fail to understand any of what is said.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:

As do many, you fail to understand any of what is said.
i wish only the best for you and all others
much love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity