Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
It absolutely DOES! In fact, MUCH more so than any other SYSTEM: Calvinism, Arminian, and on and on and on and on..........

I did NOT just wake up one day and decide that everything was peachy keen. It is NOT. But, there is something MUCH bigger going on. The mystery includes us ALL. No doubt in my mind.
I agree herefornow,

The OT and NT were written to those people of their time -- it is also on another level written to us.

It seems that the physical punishments that were coming to the physical Jews is made into an eternal spiritual judgment.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You constantly talk about "all the mistranslations" because it's the only way to justify UR. Why won't you trust God and believe He's capable of keeping His Word true and free from errors?

That is one persons point of view, any translation works, I personally do not use the mistranslation argument, because it is not needed in the first place.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:07 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You constantly talk about "all the mistranslations" because it's the only way to justify UR. Why won't you trust God and believe He's capable of keeping His Word true and free from errors?
It's like I posted on the "Revelation" thread - there are essentially three levels of understanding:

Quote:
the plain and literal surface meaning; there is the symbolic, figurative, or representative meaning; and there is the spiritual or mystical meaning; and these meanings are on an ascending scale in that order. The highest of all meanings is the spiritual meaning, for that is where we experience the reality of God who is Spirit. John referred to these three levels of truth in these significant words: "I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake...I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one...I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known Him that is from the beginning" (I Jn. 2:13). It's the same word, but on different levels to each realm.

The word of God will meet you at a different place depending upon where you are in the progression of your spiritual development from babes to young men to fathers.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:08 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
It absolutely DOES! In fact, MUCH more so than any other SYSTEM: Calvinism, Arminian, and on and on and on and on..........

I did NOT just wake up one day and decide that everything was peachy keen. It is NOT. But, there is something MUCH bigger going on. The mystery includes us ALL. No doubt in my mind.
You can keep your world systems, I believe the Bible and NO it does NOT support that hell is not eternal separation from God.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:11 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, most of them don't. It is a worry-free existance, but hiding their heads in the sand does't make Satan and hell go away.
There you go talking for others when you don't know what you're talking about. You are in great need, along with a few others, of a huge lesson and the only way you can learn the truth about UR is if you open your ears and eyes to hear and read.

I can only think of one UR on this board who doesn't believe in Satan and they have other alternative beliefs in addition to UR. Universalists believe in Satan and evil and know that he is at work in the world. You really need to stop making all these accusations when you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:11 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I believe the Bible and NO it does NOT support that hell is not eternal separation from God.
Even if it did...there is still a huge plan of God that must be overlooked.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:14 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
There you go talking for others when you don't know what you're talking about. You are in great need, along with a few others, of a huge lesson and the only way you can learn the truth about UR is if you open your ears and eyes to hear and read.

I can only think of one UR on this board who doesn't believe in Satan and they have other alternative beliefs in addition to UR. Universalists believe in Satan and evil and know that he is at work in the world. You really need to stop making all these accusations when you don't know what you're talking about.
OK, tell me who is Satan.

We have been through this so many times, that it's funny you'd make a comment like that.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:15 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You can keep your world systems, I believe the Bible and NO it does NOT support that hell is not eternal separation from God.
There is no place where Gods hope is nonexistant.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:16 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You guys are not trying to understand UR.....just like I wasn't. I did not want to hear it, I didn't read any of the links they provided or the scripture they provided. When you think you are soooo right then all you do is argue your side of it, without really investigating the other side.
The serpent fed Eve that same garbage! "Only look, Eve. It's not so bad. God didn't really mean what He said. Touch it, it's all right. Now, bite it and open your eyes!"

God help us to put up a guard to the devil! Your Word is our sword! We will declare the whole counsel of God!

Eph. 6
[13] Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
[14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Why would we need our loins girt about with truth? To trample the devil underfoot with the Word of God. He's nothing but a thief and a liar!

Old 06-02-2010, 04:17 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That is one persons point of view, any translation works, I personally do not use the mistranslation argument, because it is not needed in the first place.
Which argument do you use?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity