Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:54 AM

72 posts, read 115,972 times

Advertisements

Our daughter is athletic/academic. We have visited both schools and like very much. Do you have any thoughts so we can ultimately, make this Big decision? (We have all the brochures, and notes that I have taken from visits, to wade through.) We are from out-of-town and don't have the luxury of tapping into friends and neighbors. Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 11:30 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
I don't think you can go wrong with either school. Being in Blue Ash, St. Ursuline likely has a higher percentage of students from the outer northern suburbs. I know it would be school of choice for girls from my area in Mason, with Moeller in Montgomery for boys. I would make my selection based on proximity to where you are looking to live.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I don't think you can go wrong with either school. Being in Blue Ash, St. Ursuline likely has a higher percentage of students from the outer northern suburbs. I know it would be school of choice for girls from my area in Mason, with Moeller in Montgomery for boys. I would make my selection based on proximity to where you are looking to live.
I meant to say St. Ursula...not Ursuline. Those are 2 different schools.
Thanks!

Old 06-11-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishgirl View Post
Our daughter is athletic/academic. We have visited both schools and like very much. Do you have any thoughts so we can ultimately, make this Big decision? (We have all the brochures, and notes that I have taken from visits, to wade through.) We are from out-of-town and don't have the luxury of tapping into friends and neighbors. Thank you in advance!
I meant to say St. URSULA...not Ursuline. Those of course, are 2 different schools. Polishgirl

Old 06-11-2010, 10:44 PM

410 posts, read 586,903 times
Academically and athletically they are both great schools.

Socially,Summit is significantly "faster paced" than SUA. It seems to be harder for a new kid to break in to the social circle at Summit.It's very much a "who do you know,who are your parents?" sort of environment.
While there is some of that type of attitude at St. Ursula there's a broader cross section economically that helps to balance that out.

The other big thing seems silly, but do you think she'll do better at a single sex school or do you prefer coed?

If it were my daughter- SUA, hands down.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:44 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishgirl View Post
I meant to say St. Ursula...not Ursuline. Those are 2 different schools.
Thanks!
I suspected you may have mixed them up, considering location. St. Ursula may get the nod on athletics. I have noticed they schedule competitions with a number of the larger public schools in the area, in addition to the traditional Catholic schools. This provides a great deal of experience and exposure. And I agree with a prior poster, if my daughter it would be St. Ursula.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:20 AM
efb

90 posts, read 261,138 times
What are the typical feeder schools to St. Ursula?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by efb View Post
What are the typical feeder schools to St. Ursula?
SUA is a private as opposed to a diocesan Catholic school . As such, there are no "feeder parishes."

To judge which school would be "better" would require a parent to actually visit the school for a day and see which school their daughter would thrive at.

That will vary by individual.

I think that the OP needs to modify the title so as not to confuse people.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:54 AM

8 posts, read 16,586 times
SUA in athletics is a div 1 (large school) and Summit Country Day is div 2 (medium to small school) for Ohio athletic competitions. SUA has several state championships in the past. Both schools are fine academically (and Ursuline would also be a good choice).

Old 07-14-2011, 03:58 PM

201 posts, read 727,412 times
Default Did you make the move?

Hi,
Just wondering if you made the move and if you did which school you choose? We are looking at some of the same schools.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati