Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:07 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
John Terlesky (I think he went to Wyoming High School)
He did go to Wyoming High, during some of the same years I was there. But to call him a celebrity is a stretch. After some supporting roles in Hollywood during the '80s he wasn't heard from again as far as I know.

Also out of WHS (and a goyguy schoolmate for a while) is late-night TV-show writer Tom Agna. The "lefties" among us are also big fans of an alumnus from farther back who's the prolific author William Greider.
They learn us writin' good in Wyoming!

Meanwhile, MLB followers and/or Reds fans may well recall ace pitcher Jeff Russell. He was yet another schoolmate (along w/his sister and brother), who after some time with the hometown club moved on to the Red Sox and ended his career with the Texas Rangers.

Ted Turner lived on North Crescent Ave in (North) Avondale for some years, but I don't think the talk of putting a sign in front of the house amounted to anything. And the North and South Crescent Ave's were not renamed for him but for the Rev Fred Shuttlesworth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 07:26 PM

575 posts, read 1,371,494 times
Default john terlesky

Terlesky is now directing. I know he directed an episode of Ugly Betty.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:37 PM

577 posts, read 1,280,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t45209 View Post
My favorite Cincinnati celeb is Leonard Slye, better known as the singing cowboy superstar, Roy Rogers. He was born in an area called The Bottoms, one of the poorest neighborhoods in Cincinnati. The Bottoms was eventually cleared to make way for Riverfront Stadium.
After Riverfront Stadium was built he joked that he was born on 2nd base.

Some others from here are Marty Balin of Jefferson Airplane, Lonnie Mack, and does anyone remember the Naked Cowboy roaming around Fountain Square and Main Street before he moved to New York?

The band, The Lemon Pipers known for the song Green Tambourine got their start at Miami University.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
Portmans grandmother lived in Hyde Park.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 PM

120 posts, read 259,144 times
I know George Clooney went to school in Mason at the same time as my brother-in-law.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:45 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandasene View Post
I know George Clooney went to school in Mason at the same time as my brother-in-law.
Yea, George was a Mason guy, but please don't hold that against us.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:53 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,277,933 times
Larry Flynt

Old 01-18-2011, 07:15 AM

526 posts, read 1,482,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
Larry Flynt
LOL Leave it to Clevelander to bring up that sad piece history

Old 01-18-2011, 02:02 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
While I know he was born in London, England and the family moved to Cleveland when he was a young boy, Bob Hope has to be at least awarded an honorary citizenship of Cincinnati. His Hope House, which he donated many hours to support was a beacon for troubled youths in Cincinnati.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:24 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandasene View Post
Dan Patrick also went to Mason, then UD.

Mark Twain lived for awhile in a house where Fort Washington Way now cuts through.

Henry Heimlich of Heimlich Maneuver fame
Bill Hemmer of Fox News and formerly CNN
Ray Combs - former host of Family Feud
Woody Harrelson - raised in Lebanon
Annie Oakley
Harriet Beecher Stowe
Roger Staubach - qb at Purcell
Neil Armstrong - lives in Indian Hill
Peter Frampton - lives in Indian Hill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati