Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,791,621 times

Advertisements

Don't know anyone personally in Carmelle. But let me clarify some items. It is not a large subdivision compared to other developments in the area. It does have an attractive ambience with the many wooded lots, at least they were smart enough to not scalp the land. It has a very convenient location relative to I-71, approx. 2 miles. There is close nearby shopping on Kings Mills Rd/Rt 741 to the immediate south in the form of Kroger, etc. Jogging up Rt 741 to Rt 42 and then left into downtown Mason is also approx 2 miles.

At current look at it on Google Earth indicates there are still quite a few vacant lots. This does not surprise me considering the housing market here locally the past couple of years.

As far as main shopping areas, Mason does not really have any, just a few small strip centers. The major shopping is in Deerfield Township south on Mason Montgomery Rd and in West Chester Township on Tylersville Rd west near I-75. The explanation for this is very simple, they are townships and the retail outlets can avoid city income tax, etc. for their employees. What frosts me is they also OK massive apartment complexes which overburden our schools since much of Deerfield Township is Mason School District.

Oh, and Wilson... Look at the entire Carmelle layout. I will bet those $450K houses are on the northern fringe where a narrow line of trees separate you from a beautiful view of the Mason Municipal Sewer Plant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 09:54 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julhuggs View Post
Have you ever heardof johnhenry Homes?if so,have you hears good or badabout the quality of their Homes? Wilson, what subdivisiondo you live In? Do u guys know anyone tht lives Incarmelle? We are going to visit mason in april andi would like to bgin my house hunting. I would like a newer home less than 5 years old but not really far away fromthemain shoppingareas. Thanks

Well, jul, I live in an older section of town called Hyde Park. My house is a 1928 French Tudor in stucco. I would love for you to see Hyde Park but it just doesn't fit in your parameters.

I personally don't care for Henry Homes. I'd urge you to consider calling my friends at Lucke Homes. the founder, Marion Lucke, now in his 80's grew up in Mason and built his business and reputation there. You can certainly shop their product but I doubt you will find anyone more knowledgable of Mason in the home building business than his son Bob or grandson Scott. Nice people. Tell them I sent you. It will make you a VIP!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,834 times
We are also trying to find a nice neighborhood in Mason schooldistrict. We will be relocating from abroad.

What about Chestnut Hill community. It seems nice.

And I found some homes close to Bunnel Road, on Avalon trail. I don't know the name of that community. I found it on Google maps. Is that a nice community? I definitely like the large lots there, very private and still close to shopping etc.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:24 AM

The subdivision is Avalon Farms and runs off Rt 741. It is relatively small, only 63 homes. It has a Lebanon mailing address but is in the City of Mason and MCSD. The one acre lots are its main drawing feature. You certainly are not a distance from anything, but right now there is not much around it.

The original Chestnut Hill was in Deerfield Township off Mason Montgomery Rd. It was the site of one of the many Cincinnati Homearamas held in the area. For a period of time it appeared Homearama was stuck in either Mason or Deerfield Township. The phase II of the Chestnut Hill development is definitely in the City of Mason. It is a very nice community.

One of the things about Mason you will discover is it's ongoing battle with Deerfield Township. Mason keeps annexing land from the township. Now annexation has to be requested by the property owners. The question is this on their own or does Mason entice them?

So the City of Mason has some very convoluted corporation boundaries. There are little pockets and extremities everywhere dividing the City and the township. I believe on Google maps you can distinguish the boundaries, but they are rather faint.

Remember Mason has a post office, Deerfield Township does not. It is difficult to establish actual location by a postal address or the school district.

I suggest using your mapping skills and looking west across Mason Montgomery Rd into the Crooked Tree area. There is a variety of home ages here as it took quite a while to develop as none of it was originally in the city.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 AM

12 posts, read 39,904 times
Wilson, I just contacted robert luckehomes andspoke to randy lamar. I told himthat youreferred me. Iwasntsureif wilson wasyour first orlastname. They seemedvery niceand knowlwdgeable. Thx for the reference

Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Wilson, I just contacted robert luckehomes andspoke to randy lamar. I told himthat youreferred me. Iwasntsureif wilson wasyour first orlastname. They seemedvery niceand knowlwdgeable. Thx for the reference
This is probably a good approach as Lucke builds in several of the mentioned Mason communities and should be able to propose alternatives to you.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:51 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
Quote:

Great! I'm going to see Bob Lucke next week and I'll make sure they know I sent you!!

Good luck. I think that Mason is a great place and if I could live out in the suburbs, that would be my first choice. They have everything out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati