Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times

Advertisements

Antenna TV Network is going to start airing reruns of the old sitcom set at a small radio station in Cincinnati during the late 1970's and early 1980's.

I don't believe there is an affiliate in the Cincinnati area right now but since there are people in other parts of the country that view this board, it will be possible for them to watch this show when it returns to the air April 8. Check the following link to find an affiliate station.

Antenna TV Home Page - Antenna TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Antenna TV Network is going to start airing reruns of the old sitcom set at a small radio station in Cincinnati during the late 1970's and early 1980's.

I don't believe there is an affiliate in the Cincinnati area right now but since there are people in other parts of the country that view this board, it will be possible for them to watch this show when it returns to the air April 8. Check the following link to find an affiliate station.

Antenna TV Home Page - Antenna TV
I just find it amazing that the TV shows of half a century ago are getting such a playtime. It just goes to show how much of a wasteland current TV has become. My wife has METV, we have 1 TV playing it 24 /7. What a terrible testament of the current status of TV. We are finding more pleasure at viewing half a century old programs than anything being aired today.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I just find it amazing that the TV shows of half a century ago are getting such a playtime. It just goes to show how much of a wasteland current TV has become. My wife has METV, we have 1 TV playing it 24 /7. What a terrible testament of the current status of TV. We are finding more pleasure at viewing half a century old programs than anything being aired today.
I agree. Prime Time fair for a generation has been largely worthless violence and sleaze. Shows like WKRP actually gave us actors with acting ability which led to real character development and wit without resorting to totally scummy themes or ideas. WKRP is on the best underrated TV sitcoms of all time.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:24 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
Blame the plague of reality TV, where networks can cut costs on a lot of traditional things such as paid actors, scripts, etc. and just have regular people embarrass themselves in a variety of contests for American viewers' consumption.

I'm proud to say I've not watched a single reality TV show since the first two episodes of the first season of Survivor.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:28 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Blame the plague of reality TV, where networks can cut costs on a lot of traditional things such as paid actors, scripts, etc. and just have regular people embarrass themselves in a variety of contests for American viewers' consumption.

I'm proud to say I've not watched a single reality TV show since the first two episodes of the first season of Survivor.
I totally agree. In my opinion Reality TV should be labeled Abnormal TV. And along with these I lump in the so called entertainment commentaries such as Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight, Showbiz Tonight, Extra, etc. I cannot think of anything moronic where they take up two thirds of the show commenting about their great exposue coming up to then find out it has been common knowledge for weeks. Why people watch this drivel is unknown to me.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Yay! I get Antenna TV.

The shows will probably be heavily edited, though, because of the music content. *sigh*

Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Since I have been watching THREE channels of ME-TV in Chicago, I think that I have seen about everything from the 50s.

Look at some of the writers and directors on some of the shows - Hitchcock, Sterling, Hamner, Haublein, Bradbury, Hubbard. Who of THAT caliber is writing these days for television?

Old 03-08-2012, 08:15 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
"I don't know nothin' about fixin' no phones!"

Great show.

"Funny peculiar, or funny ha ha?"

Looking forward to it.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Yay! I get Antenna TV.

The shows will probably be heavily edited, though, because of the music content. *sigh*
That may not be the case with the reruns if they are airing on TV. I do know that this is the primary reason why they have been unable to release the show on DVD to the general public. Season One was released a few years back but the others have not been because of the music rights issue.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
"I don't know nothin' about fixin' no phones!"

Great show.

"Funny peculiar, or funny ha ha?"

Looking forward to it.
"As God as My Witness, I thought Turkey's could fly". Art Carlson quote on Thanksgiving Day, 1978.

WKRP in Cincinnati's Turkey Drop Episode - As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati