Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 11:53 AM

433 posts, read 959,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
As has been noted, there is no one cluster of hotels in suburban Cincinnati, particularly of a size to have banquet facilities suitable for wedding receptions. The largest cluster of hotels would be surrounding Kings Island, but most of them are geared to families visiting Kings Island for leisure and do not have banquet facilities.

But there are several spread around the area. Wingate in Westchester north near Tylersville and I-75. Kings Island Resort and Conference Center across Kings Island Drive from the park. The conference center is definitely large enough to hold a sizable wedding reception. Great Wolf Lodge and Conference Center next to Kings Island is attractive if there is a large number of out-of-town guests with young children. Marriott at Mason Montgomery and I-71 and the nearby Hilton Garden Inn. A couple in the business park district of Blue Ash off Reed Hartman Highway such as the Embassy Suites. There are a couple off Chester Rd in Sharonville near I-75 and the Sharonville Convention Center. Marriott in Westchester south at Union Centre and I-75.

Also the pure banquet and conference centers such as the Manor House in Mason which is quite large and can handle a variety of crowd sizes with their ability to partition the space. The Manor house has acquired adjacent property with the intent of building a hotel and chapel to become a single location wedding destination. Due to the economic climate they have delayed construction but I believe they will go ahead at some point since it makes sense, giving them a distinction to set them apart. The Oasis in Loveland next to the Oasis Country Club is an attractive facility, also Wunderland on Colerain Ave near Mt Airy which has an attractive outdoor gazebo for holding a summer wedding.

As pointed out there is always downtown. but I feel they rapidly get quite pricey. Some clients will have no problem with that and it is always an option. But locating yourself in a more central location to the suburban locations mentioned above will give you the flexibility of recommending one of them to a client without running yourself completely ragged.
KJ, This is the kind of info I can use, so thanks so much for taking the time to post. I just got off the phone with Manor House and was impressed with their wedding sales representative. They have an awesome website, too. I now have a list of vendors that I can begin contacting after my move. :-)

I did not expect to receive this much help in this thread, and I want everyone who has posted to know how much it is appreciated.

Last edited by 50something; 03-14-2013 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Just an idea, but the Manor House in Mason (on Mason-Montgomery Rd) has become a very popular place for wedding receptions. There's two Marriotts within 6 miles of there-----one off Mason-Montgomery Rd near 71------and one in West Chester right off 75 (that one's a little nicer but about 4 miles further away). The prior living recommendations of Blue Ash and Kenwood make a lot of sense-----there's a lot of "worldly" people there in your age group----and I think with a little digging you could find a nice condo/apartment complex that caters to that demographic. The Blue Ash Recreation Center was just refurbished and is a fantastic meeting place during the day for that demo. It's a breeze to get from Blue Ash to downtown--particularly on the weekends---I think you may want to consider holding some wedding receptions downtown----especially in the summer.....but google The Manor House in Mason.
I called the Manor House and can't wait to visit their facility. Thanks to you and kjbrill for the suggestion!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Just an idea, but the Manor House in Mason (on Mason-Montgomery Rd) has become a very popular place for wedding receptions. There's two Marriotts within 6 miles of there-----one off Mason-Montgomery Rd near 71------and one in West Chester right off 75 (that one's a little nicer but about 4 miles further away). The prior living recommendations of Blue Ash and Kenwood make a lot of sense-----there's a lot of "worldly" people there in your age group----and I think with a little digging you could find a nice condo/apartment complex that caters to that demographic. The Blue Ash Recreation Center was just refurbished and is a fantastic meeting place during the day for that demo. It's a breeze to get from Blue Ash to downtown--particularly on the weekends---I think you may want to consider holding some wedding receptions downtown----especially in the summer.....but google The Manor House in Mason.
There's another town adjacent to Blue Ash, but I can't recall the name of it.... any ideas?
(not Kenwood, Montgomery, Evendale) -- not being able to recall the name is driving me crazy!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 PM

101 posts, read 182,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50something View Post
There's another town adjacent to Blue Ash, but I can't recall the name of it.... any ideas?
(not Kenwood, Montgomery, Evendale) -- not being able to recall the name is driving me crazy!
Just looking at Google Maps... Madeira, Sharonville, Reading, Amberley would be my best guesses of where you're thinking.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8buckeye08 View Post
Just looking at Google Maps... Madeira, Sharonville, Reading, Amberley would be my best guesses of where you're thinking.
I, too, looked at Google Maps and couldn't find it, so maybe it was Evendale? Amberley doesn't sound familiar. I remembered a major street with lots of condo and apt communities leading back to Blue Ash, but I can't remember the name, so maybe it WAS Evendale.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:07 PM

Last edited by 50something; 03-14-2013 at 05:13 PM..

Old 03-15-2013, 04:05 PM

Today, I was presented with an opportunity in SNJ that was too good to turn down, so it looks like I'll be heading back to Marlton.

Thank you, and all the best wishes to everyone who took the time to post. Susan

Old 03-15-2013, 04:25 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Anybody wanna bet that our C-D peers in South Jersey won't be as outgoing and eager to help as us Cincinnatians?

Old 03-15-2013, 04:41 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50something View Post
Today, I was presented with an opportunity in SNJ that was too good to turn down, so it looks like I'll be heading back to Marlton.

Thank you, and all the best wishes to everyone who took the time to post. Susan
Great for you. Anytime an opportunity presents itself in a surrounding you are familiar with that is a good thing. Best wishes for you moving forward.

After all, somebody has to live in SNJ.

Last edited by kjbrill; 03-15-2013 at 04:50 PM..

Old 03-15-2013, 05:07 PM

To goyguy and kjbrill:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati