Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:12 AM

42 posts, read 70,667 times

Advertisements

While browsing the real estate listings over the past few months I've noticed that there seems to be quite a few new homes being built in Fairfax. They're of similar construction and they've all been in the 175k-240k range. I was trying to find out who is the builder and if they have a website. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 09:08 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Those are paper listings. Vacant lots or tear downs on which the builder is willing to build you a house. Call the listing agent and they will tell you who the builder is. Why you want to know is another question, since any one of 50 builders will build you a house on your lot.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:49 AM

404 posts, read 826,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Those are paper listings. Vacant lots or tear downs on which the builder is willing to build you a house. Call the listing agent and they will tell you who the builder is. Why you want to know is another question, since any one of 50 builders will build you a house on your lot.
No, they had been actually building the houses and selling from what I understand. About time. There is no way Fairfax can proceed without a ton of investment. It is all tiny 2br grandma houses.

ETA: I had posted that the taxes were high but the math shows me their taxes are slightly lower than Mariemont proper.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:14 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFresh99 View Post
No, they had been actually building the houses and selling from what I understand. About time. There is no way Fairfax can proceed without a ton of investment. It is all tiny 2br grandma houses.

ETA: I had posted that the taxes were high but the math shows me their taxes are slightly lower than Mariemont proper.
If they had multiple building sites it makes sense to me they would develop themselves. Build market rate homes. Whenever you build multiple homes in a close proximity there are certain economies involved, including material transportation and distance between work sites. As a builder they are in the best position to secure the paperwork, mortgage assurance, the kinds of things the average joe is not good at. Sounds to me like a thought-out plan.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:

No, there are no such sales that I can see. Post a new home sale if you have one.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:49 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
About time. There is no way Fairfax can proceed without a ton of investment. It is all tiny 2br grandma houses.
There's a market for all types of houses. Not every place needs McMansions and/or loft condos. Not every place needs to look like those atrocities on Madisonville Road in Mariemont.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:19 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
There's a market for all types of houses. Not every place needs McMansions and/or loft condos. Not every place needs to look like those atrocities on Madisonville Road in Mariemont.
Granted there is a market for 2br grandma houses as starter homes. A couple with one child can utilize one quite nicely. If the 2nd child comes along a little more quickly than anticipated, it may become a little conjested, but everyone will survive.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:14 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Granted there is a market for 2br grandma houses as starter homes. A couple with one child can utilize one quite nicely. If the 2nd child comes along a little more quickly than anticipated, it may become a little conjested, but everyone will survive.
Well, 2br works so long as it has a full gourmet eat-in kitchen, three bathrooms, a study, a bonus room, and a "man cave." outside of course it must have a double-width driveway and three car garage. And don't let the builder waste your money on window trim.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:16 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,161,281 times
^hahaha. I hope that's some sarcasm.

Agreed with the kitchen though. Having a dismal, small kitchen is horrible. Makes anything you cook unappetizing.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:43 AM

The concept of a tear down and new home in Fairfax is a good one, even though it doesn't seem to be working yet. They are little cracker box houses mostly, and as long as one stays away from the flood zone, the lots are very well located. Fairfax has a nice little swim club and all the restaurants and businesses one would need, mostly in walking distance. Its an easy commute to downtown and to the eastern corridor. I think they piggyback into Mariemont schools, one of the best.

It will take overcoming some age old prejudices against Fairfax as a redneck area though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: