Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 496 times

Advertisements

I am a 29 y.o., female, born and raised in San Diego. I have finally decided I no longer like where I live. It's too crowded and superficial. I live paycheck-to-paycheck and spend so much of my life sitting in horrible traffic. I have been researching places to relocate and Cin. is my #1 choice for the time being (also considering Austin or Denver.) I have been a Pet Groomer for 8 years and have worked at some of the best rated salons in San Diego. I currently make about $50k/yr. This is a commission based job so earnings can fluctuate greatly depending on location. In most areas of the county I would not make that much. In Cin. average groomers earn about 30k/yr to the higher range of 40k/yr. Is 30k/yr enough to get by in Cin.? I'm barely getting by in CA @ 50k/yr.

Tired of this rat race. Searching for a simpler life.

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 09:04 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,175,786 times
^it will be a bit tight, but overall doable, especially if you are only supporting yourself.

It sounds like you have excellent credentials in your field, so I assume you're going for catering to the Indian Hill, etc crowd?

A good place to look for housing may be Clifton near UC. Prices should be reasonable, the crowd is younger, and it's not a bad drive up I-71 to Kenwood, etc. for work. Especially when the MLK interchange is finished it should be a breeze.

Good luck!

Old 10-31-2015, 04:15 AM

3,871 posts, read 3,161,784 times
It is definitely doable if you are just supporting yourself. You might want to check out Lindsey Lane apartments off of Duck Creek road in between the corner of the 4 northeast neighborhoods of Oakley , Pleasant Ridge, Kennedy Heights and Madisonville. I use to live there and it is secluded and quiet. A one bedroom apartment there should rent out at about $585 a month and utilities are super cheap. Its 5 minutes away from Kenwood and less than one minute from shopping at the Oakley exchange. Traffic is not bad so you should not be sitting in traffic compared to you where you are coming from. You can also get an apartment in a 4 unit build from 400 to 500 dollars a month in one of those above neighborhoods. My friend owns a building in the vicinity around Robinson and Kennedy Ave and he rents out his apartments at about 400 dollars a month.

Last edited by Coseau; 10-31-2015 at 04:28 AM..

Old 10-31-2015, 08:10 AM

26 posts, read 39,705 times
Mt Washington is inexpensive. Its not the most convenient location to downtown but it is convenient to Mt Lookout, Oakley, Hyde Park in the city as well as many eastside suburbs especially neighboring Anderson Twp. All of those seem like good locations to pull clients from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: