Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2007, 06:33 PM
gjs gjs started this thread

56 posts, read 179,171 times

Advertisements

I currently live in southwest virginia and am looking to get the hell out of here! It's not to bad of an area weather wise but that's about it, no entertainment activities,no parks,no culture,no arts.......etc.....etc....
I took a job with a new company to the area, and am bored to death with have living here for the past 7 months. I have been searching the web and have narrowed it down to Springfield,MO or Cincinnati,OH The housing costs are about the same for the two areas,taxes are more in OH.......1.2%
compared to 0.8% in MO. But i'm leaning more towards the cincy area for
the parks,arts,entertainment,more things for kids to do,and I hope to find a
good lake to do some bass fishing every now and then. I would like to be in an area just outside of the city that have nice parks for walking or biking and good family entertainment, also have a good local job market as I will be needing to find employment. If anyone knows of such an area please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 07:42 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,543,351 times
N.E. of the city is the Montgomery, Loveland, Mainville area up to Lebanon.. the Little Miami bike trail is along there - a really great area for seeing natural areas, following the river, walking/biking..

to the West (almost to Indiana - which is like 40 minutes from downtown Cinci) is another area - the Greater Miami recreation area - also really popular.

The city itself (CINCI) has a LOT of parks. the "great works" period of American History, when they were busy putting depression era people on work gangs to build things out of cement - had a great time in Cinci! Lots of beautiful parks, reflecting pools, theatres in the parks, great viewing platforms, nice river (Ohio River) views, etc...

The metro area is actually pretty small (i'm from Detroit) so its amazing to me how little distance you have to drive to find yourself in wooded hills, or in farmland (if you want to find either of those things).

But the city (and the surrounding 'burbs, depending which you choose) has all those city amentities -- sports teams, theatres, symphony, museums, nightclubs and nightlife, great restaurants, respectable shopping (ranging from neighborhood boutiques to major department and chain stores).

Hope you choose Cinci, She's a grand old dame!

Old 09-16-2007, 06:15 PM
gjs gjs started this thread

56 posts, read 179,171 times
Thanks for the heads up about the Cincy area Briolat21.
The Little Miami bike trail looks awsome on the intranet.
When I go to Cincy to get an apartment set up I will look into these areas.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:03 PM

21 posts, read 112,351 times
Default check out Landen

The Landen area is great! We are close to the Loveland bike trail. We have our own walking trails around a lake that is stocked for fishing. We are in the Kings School District that is rated excellent. We are close to shopping. We are right next to King's Island if you like that sort of thing. And the traffic is not bad at all.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:20 PM

3 posts, read 6,622 times
Smile Check out Milford, OH...

... For everything you're looking for.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,962 times
Hello, are you settled down in Cincinnati? I am looking for a place to go fishing with someone. Any advice?

Old 06-24-2008, 04:45 AM

15 posts, read 65,483 times
I would recommend Cincinnati over just about any other place. Like Briolat2 said, it's a smaller city so you have the chance to get out to the wooded hills on the East side of town with less than forty minutes drive. I'm not much of a fisherman but I have lots of friends who are and I'm sure there are good lakes around.

If you are looking for a suburban neighborhood with good schools I would recommend you look North-East or East. All of the neighborhoods mentioned here are great, but you might take a look at some of the Cincinnati neighborhoods of some of the East Side communities.

Mt. Washington offers a nice suburban neighborhood but is in the city. Just beyond that is Anderson Township. You might look at Milford even. It's twenty minutes from town, but it could be worth a look. I used to live in Mason. It's North East and very near the bike trail. It was a great neighborhood, a little expensive but everything is there.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,931 times
Cincinnati is great, but you want to live in Northern Kentucky. You get all the advantages of the city, but with none of the hassles. Great neighborhoods, good schools, upcoming university in NKU. Look at Ft. Thomas, Edgewood, Ft. Mitchell, Villa Hills, Lakeside Park -- all great choices.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:31 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,731 times
I'm from Taylor Mill Kentucky. Northern Kentucky is about five minutes drive to Cincinnati, it is beautiful there too. I loved it as a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati