Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:13 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times

Advertisements

I remember the story went that the car guy was imported from some other city because it worked well there. I'll remember what car dealer he pitched for here as soon as enough brain cells click in.

I'm thinking this was a Kentucky dealer and if I had to guess this minute, I'd say Riverside Ford. Or could it be old enough to be Rockenfield Ford in Ohio?

Last edited by Wilson513; 08-20-2009 at 07:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 AM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
Do they still have those commercials with the Kwick Brothers for King Kwick stores? It's been so long since I've been there I'm not even sure of the spelling of King Kwick anymore.
Google is your friend..The Kwik Brothers

Old 08-20-2009, 05:24 PM

204 posts, read 744,965 times
Mike Tangi was/were (?) the Kwik Brothers.

Tangi Publishing

Old 08-20-2009, 05:55 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,753 times
And who could ever forget good ole Al Schottelkotte?

Al Schottelkotte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Man...he was a fixture in Cincinnati for a long time!

I remember when WEBN came online in Cincinnati...Jelly Pudding, Tree Frog Beer, etc. Ahhhh...those were the days! There were hardly any commercials in the beginning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEBN

Remember when Jerry Springer used to do commentaries on WEBN? Those commentaries usually made a whole lot of sense...Springer was doing pretty well until that hooker deal he got busted for back in the day. Since then, he's just gotten more and more sleazy.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,829,421 times
Different car dealer pitch that grew old pretty fast: "Jeff Wyler Chevrolet...cars, like eggs, are cheaper in the country."

Old 08-21-2009, 05:22 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
And who could ever forget good ole Al Schottelkotte?

Al Schottelkotte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Man...he was a fixture in Cincinnati for a long time!

I remember when WEBN came online in Cincinnati...Jelly Pudding, Tree Frog Beer, etc. Ahhhh...those were the days! There were hardly any commercials in the beginning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEBN

Remember when Jerry Springer used to do commentaries on WEBN? Those commentaries usually made a whole lot of sense...Springer was doing pretty well until that hooker deal he got busted for back in the day. Since then, he's just gotten more and more sleazy.
Yes, WEBN was the station back in the day. Great music, very few commercials, Jerry Springer's commentaries - it was all great. I remember leaving the very first fireworks display and wondering how anyone could listen to any other station. I still have an 'EBN spring T-shirt.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:46 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Different car dealer pitch that grew old pretty fast: "Jeff Wyler Chevrolet...cars, like eggs, are cheaper in the country."
Probably, it got older more quickly because that clown is a real ******* to deal with.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:02 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Yes, WEBN was the station back in the day. Great music, very few commercials, Jerry Springer's commentaries - it was all great. I remember leaving the very first fireworks display and wondering how anyone could listen to any other station. I still have an 'EBN spring T-shirt.
We went downtown for the first fireworks display and there were almost no crowds. We took my father, who was sick at that time and parked and walked over ans sat on the lawn at One Lytle place.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:07 PM

133 posts, read 691,103 times
Default somebody but sooooomebody must remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
There was, in fact, a single person who was the Kwik Brothers. The wonders of split-screen filming! That chain of stores is long gone - most of them were bought out by Circle K (the common "K" was probably, um, koincidental.) Did anybody here besides me ever work at one? If you were sharp-eyed and could see the parking area, you knew to be on the lookout if an AMC Pacer (the "fleet" in use as of 1978) with a license plate ending in "KK" rolled up. That meant an undercover inspection team was arriving to see how you were doing your job. Woe betide anybody who scored under 90 on their checklist! (Stock neatly arranged on shelves, cooler filled, "suggestive selling" - LOL - to customer i.e. "You're all set for milk, how 'bout picking up some cookies to go with it?", etc etc.)
Speaking of commercials from back in the day, what car dealer's pitchman wore out the phrase "Nobody but nobody...NOOOOOOOBODY" to describe the business's low prices? Am drawing a total blank on that one.
This is driving me nuts!!!! Who was it????

Old 08-21-2009, 07:31 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
This is driving me nuts!!!! Who was it????
Was it Jeff Wyler? Where cars like eggs are cheaper in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati