Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which US city has the worst unjustified reputation?
New York City 11 11.22%
Chicago 6 6.12%
Philadelphia 15 15.31%
Los Angeles 7 7.14%
Atlanta 9 9.18%
Miami 3 3.06%
Houston 6 6.12%
Memphis 3 3.06%
New Orleans 9 9.18%
Charlotte 1 1.02%
Las Vegas 2 2.04%
San Francisco 1 1.02%
Washington DC 6 6.12%
Baltimore 16 16.33%
Seattle 3 3.06%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 PM

364 posts, read 717,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Crime everywhere is about to go way up.

Those 80's babies finally grew up

I think you mean 90's babies. I'm a 80's baby myself but by the time the crack epidemic really hit I was already starting to lay the groundwork into becoming who I am today. The crack babies were kids who were born in the midst of it and directly after all that craziness, kids born from the late 80's to the early 90's, they saw that and thats all they know so they really dont have anything to compare life to and what it should be like. IMO I think crime is about to expolode over the next 5-7 years. These cats born in the early 90's just dont have any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 01:09 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,589 times
Baltimore hands down.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,955,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
crime is about to expolode over the next 5-7 years. These cats born in the early 90's just dont have any sense.
I have that feeling too.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:21 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,886,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Crime everywhere is about to go way up.

Those 80's babies finally grew up
Uhhh people born in the 80's are all going to be 21 (at the youngest) at the end of the year. Most crimes are committed by 16 through 25 year olds and crime has fallen nationally in the last 10 years. So I think this comment is way off base.

Last edited by BoomBoxing; 06-10-2010 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: clarifying

Old 06-10-2010, 01:27 PM

364 posts, read 717,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
I have that feeling too.
These kids now are bat sh*t crazy, I remember when I was growing up we for sure were not saints or angels, would pull little hustles and scams here and there, we would fight and brawl against dudes from other streets or neighborhoods but at the end of the day we were still kids. We were more than happy with working or hustling up some money during the summer to go cop an old G-Body Cutlass or Monte Carlo, fix it up little by little, and we were more than content with that. Nowadays these youngins dont want that, they want to be 17 y/o pushing a SRT Challenger or even a 760 IL. And they dont want to work at a grocery store bagging groceries or even hit the block and run for some of the old heads. They would rather rob the grocery store or rob the old heads on the block. They want everything "RIGHT NOW", and they will do whatever they can to get it.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:46 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,159 times
I chose Miami. It always gets a bad rap especially from people up north and they claim its dangerous and all of that. 1st 48 makes Florida no better as a safer place to visit. If Miami was so bad, I don't think the super bowl, music awards, and concerts, visitors, tourist, and even the locals would stay. personally like any other city it has its good parts Heck I rather live in Miami than Orlando, it'd be a lot safe.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:11 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Miami during the Late 1970s-1980s was a bloodbath...no city in the history of the United States has come remotely close to the violence that was seen in South Florida during the late 70s and through the 80s. Even though it's not nearly as bad as it was, Miami is still dangerous and it has earned that reputation.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 AM

4 posts, read 5,371 times
No Cleveland option? : (

Old 03-06-2012, 01:42 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,884,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
These kids now are bat sh*t crazy, I remember when I was growing up we for sure were not saints or angels, would pull little hustles and scams here and there, we would fight and brawl against dudes from other streets or neighborhoods but at the end of the day we were still kids. We were more than happy with working or hustling up some money during the summer to go cop an old G-Body Cutlass or Monte Carlo, fix it up little by little, and we were more than content with that. Nowadays these youngins dont want that, they want to be 17 y/o pushing a SRT Challenger or even a 760 IL. And they dont want to work at a grocery store bagging groceries or even hit the block and run for some of the old heads. They would rather rob the grocery store or rob the old heads on the block. They want everything "RIGHT NOW", and they will do whatever they can to get it.
Coming from an early 90's baby (1993) this is true. Everyone wants to be some type of star. They don't want a "regular" job with people telling them what to do. They want to be their own boss and make their own hours and don't want to wait on a paycheck. They want to live like celebrities but are lazy as hell and would rather find a get rich quick scheme.

Anyway to answer the original question. Out of this list and on CD? Baltimore.

Last edited by MS313; 03-06-2012 at 01:50 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 02:12 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,869,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
nyc. the rep we have is from like 16-20+ years ago. how much longer is it going to take to shed the image of... a city full of rude ppl?

Probably 16-20+ years after City-Data's creation.

For real, New York is the best city in the country. I've never even been there, and I will say that without one second of hesitation. LA and Chicago don't hold a candle to what NYC has accomplished, and currently is.

But good Lord! Have the people of NYC ever heard of humility before? I know it might not be a "real" word in a New Yorker's lexicon, but humility is something that *some* people around the globe consider to be a positive, and they actually might reward it.

When New Yorkers stop trying to claim the top prize for absolutely everything, then people might find you guys a little more on the humble side (read: not rude). At least I would.

Anyways, the first time my Dad visited the city he said it was, "A lot cleaner than I thought it would be".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City