Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which county is better?
Dallas County 41 40.59%
Miami-Dade County 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:52 AM

648 posts, read 1,617,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Same here I can get a girl If I want TRUST.. Gay men are the most well manicured men that you will find.. I dont have to speak languages and show a car.. My looks alone can pull them....
I am no beach baby but I am not ugly. I used to work construction up until a few years ago, I not a scrawny idiot.

And you think I am not trustworthy I give loyalty and I receive loyalty.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Dallas County
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay2LIfk8fN0

Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Because when you thrown NYC Vegas Miami and LA out there compared to them it is Boring... Compared To Omaha Nebraska it isnt...
Nightlife wise, everywhere in the US is boring compared to those places.

Dallas is more on par with places like Atlanta, Seattle, and Philly in my opinion (even though those cities vary a little).

For the record, I dont think anyone is trying to argue that Dallas nightlife is better than Miami. I dont think anyone could argue that with a straight face. What we are arguing against is the notion that Dallas is a boring city. To me boring is the time I spent 3 months in the winter in Arkhangelsk, Russia when I worked for an oil company. Boring is living in a town with 10,000 or less people in the Midwest. Dallas isnt boring and is in fact more exciting than most cities in the US.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,400,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
I am no beach baby but I am not ugly. I used to work construction up until a few years ago, I not a scrawny idiot.

And you think I am not trustworthy I give loyalty and I receive loyalty.
LOL; he never implied that you weren't trustworthy. The word trust is used as slang around these parts as in "trust me".

*please reference your urban dictionary for clarification in the future.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,056,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Thats pretty nice video, try to find one during the day though and that doesn't just show roads. I never understand the videos that don't pan at all so you can barely see the city. I've looked at a lot of Miami ones and this is the best I've found - I think it does a pretty good job showing some of the real character of Miami, of course no video is going to be 100%:

YouTube - Miami Skyline , downtown Miami FL , Florida , South Beach , Art Deco , Little Havana district tour

Would love to see a similar quality video of Dallas (and any city)

Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,248,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Nightlife wise, everywhere in the US is boring compared to those places.

Dallas is more on par with places like Atlanta, Seattle, and Philly in my opinion (even though those cities vary a little).

For the record, I dont think anyone is trying to argue that Dallas nightlife is better than Miami. I dont think anyone could argue that with a straight face. What we are arguing against is the notion that Dallas is a boring city. To me boring is the time I spent 3 months in the winter in Arkhangelsk, Russia when I worked for an oil company. Boring is living in a town with 10,000 or less people in the Midwest. Dallas isnt boring and is in fact more exciting than most cities in the US.
LA, what are some decent R&B or Jazz Clubs in Dallas? Or some chill lounges. Also, I've never been to a rave before, what sort of advice could you give to a novice such as myself? I went to Brooklyn Jazz Cafe when I went to Dallas back in February, and while it was okay, I think my hyperactive mind needed something a bit more. I don't know if they'd have anything equivalent to Compound (here in Atlanta) in Dallas.

But I'm getting a bit tired of clubs anyhow. Get me a beer and let me chill in a bar and talk my behind off. I did that in Boston a few weeks back and had a blast with some of my hostel-mates from Australia.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:52 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Thats pretty nice video, try to find one during the day though and that doesn't just show roads. I never understand the videos that don't pan at all so you can barely see the city. I've looked at a lot of Miami ones and this is the best I've found - I think it does a pretty good job showing some of the real character of Miami, of course no video is going to be 100%:

YouTube - Miami Skyline , downtown Miami FL , Florida , South Beach , Art Deco , Little Havana district tour

Would love to see a similar quality video of Dallas (and any city)

YouTube - Destination Dallas

YouTube - My Dallas

Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,152,085 times
DALLAS !

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2463/4321wlawtherdrive.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,056,314 times
Great photos of dallas, did you take them? Whats the scale model for?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:15 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I guess what is offensive to people in Dallas is people sound surprised to find out that it may offer something that is larger or done better than what somewhere else offers. And if someone makes that claim then you start seeing statistics and websites and photos being posted to prove that person from Texas wrong for thinking that it could possibly offer something better. South Florida has a thriving gay population and is a huge tourist destination for all walks of life but there is no cohesiveness to it. In Dallas you have a large urban gay district with a very high concentration of bars/restaurants/clubs/shops etc all in a very walkable district. This is not present in South Florida. Wilton Manors is the closest thing and doesnt compare to what's offered here. I'm not saying Miami is bad it's just been done better in Dallas. I kind of feel like the whole South Florida Metro area has that non cohesive jumbled feel to it. In Dallas County you can go from one neighbhorhood and right into the next very easily and each neighborhood has its own identity, in central Dallas traveling from the park cities into oak lawn, knox/henderson then into uptown and downtown you have totally different vibes in each area and youve only traveled a couple miles. Its all very connected and cohesive and forms a feeling of being in a big city.
You're basically just being biased and not seeing both sides of the story. Miami Beach has neighborhoods where you can find gay clubs, bars, restaurants etc. then go to another neighborhood for straight folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City