Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which county is better?
Dallas County 41 40.59%
Miami-Dade County 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 01:27 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
I wouldnt want to go. There is nothing there of my liking.
How would you know, I thought the same way when I was going to Atlanta, stop being so narrow-minded.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:28 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
Carl Crawford, Left Fielder for the Tampa Bay Rays is a native of Houston. When that dude takes interviews I can't understand what he is saying half the time, he has a SUPER southern accent. You can tell he's from Houston though, it seems like Houstonians have their own slang you can hear it in guys like Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Slim Thug etc.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:30 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,209,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
How would you know, I thought the same way when I was going to Atlanta, stop being so narrow-minded.
Well cities like Hosuton, Atlanta, Miami, all have something that jump out at me when i think about them, Dallas , no. Even San Antonio, Orlando and Tampa does as well. Same for Memphis Nashville and New Orleans.

Narrow minded? No I love Florida but I would not want Dallas County over Dade county simple as that. Now Harris County would be up for debate.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:34 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I don't think they're country and those videos looked like they could be Houston or even Miami. I prefer hanging with black Dallasites over Black Houstonians. They are cool, laid back, and blunt. Dallasites are the ones at a party having fun and being themselves while Houstonians are the ones posted up on the wall saying "They are so loud and country."
Dallas and Houston are such parallel universes. White Dallasites often talk about how country and hickish white Houstonians are. Its so funny that its the opposite for black people.

Maybe we should all just become Asian. They look down on everyone.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:37 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,399,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Carl Crawford, Left Fielder for the Tampa Bay Rays is a native of Houston. When that dude takes interviews I can't understand what he is saying half the time, he has a SUPER southern accent. You can tell he's from Houston though, it seems like Houstonians have their own slang you can hear it in guys like Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Slim Thug etc.
They're all just country/ghetto as hell-, but I know what you're saying...

Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Well cities like Hosuton, Atlanta, Miami, all have something that jump out at me when i think about them, Dallas , no. Even San Antonio, Orlando and Tampa does as well. Same for Memphis Nashville and New Orleans.

Narrow minded? No I love Florida but I would not want Dallas County over Dade county simple as that. Now Harris County would be up for debate.
You have never been here, so how can you pick Dade Co. over Dallas Co.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:39 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Yeah, in Houston you can meet people with REALLY strong southern accents and other who sound extremely neutral (talking about natives). It just all depends on what type of environment they were brought up in.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:39 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,209,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
You have never been here, so how can you pick Dade Co. over Dallas Co.
LOL That is the point. I WOULD Not want too. Nothing in Dallas makes me want to go there. There are cities in Dade and things in Dade that make me want to go there.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:42 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
I would go to Dallas, or is it still Irving? To check out the new Cowboys Stadium. Maybe go seem them play the Giants .

Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
I would go to Dallas, or is it still Irving? To check out the new Cowboys Stadium. Maybe go seem them play the Giants .
It's in Arlington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City