Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which county is better?
Dallas County 41 40.59%
Miami-Dade County 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:17 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Dallas County blacks tend to be more country than Houston's but Houston's populations OVERALL tends to be more blue collar than Dallas. People in BOTH cities have STRONG accents. NOW, Austin is the great equalizer in which the regional accent isn't as pronounced. Austinites BARELY have any accents. Austin is just a DIFFERENT breed than Both Houston and Dallas. Austin's proximity to the Western half of the state just gives it a more WESTERN twang. Same with San Antonio. Miami is a WHOLE nother can of worms, one that we've discussed plenty of time.
I am black, but I am not country..............I think?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:18 PM

213 posts, read 420,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
How about the fact that the cost of living is better in Dallas, the economy is better in Dallas, and its much easier to live in Dallas? Does that mean nothing?

Miami is a more exciting and fun city. Nobody is disputing that.
They are pretty much saying that Dallas is on par with Miami with nightlife ... And it's not...

Old 06-18-2010, 11:18 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
If you live in a city you are not country. You have to live in the country to be country lol thats how I see it. I know there are exceptions but I like to keep things basic. Now, if you have a southern accent people not from the south might call you country but you might not even be country, you are just southern. You can be a southern city boy, or a southern country boy, I've learned all this from one trip to North Carolina lol, it's hard to explain. Another thing is you can be country and live in any region, theres plenty of country ass people in Pennsylvania.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
If you live in a city you are not country. You have to live in the country to be country lol thats how I see it. I know there are exceptions but I like to keep things basic. Now, if you have a southern accent people not from the south might call you country but you might not even be country, you are just southern. You can be a southern city boy, or a southern country boy, I've learned all this from one trip to North Carolina lol.
I went to Baltimore to visit my family, they said I do not sound country at all.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:25 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,159 times
Im still giving Miami the airport and entertainment. Not to knock anyhting off Dallas.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:27 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
They are pretty much saying that Dallas is on par with Miami with nightlife ... And it's not...
I think what people are trying to say is getting misinterpreted.
When comments are made like name one thing there is to do in Dallas that is pretentious and offensive. No one is saying Dallas has better nightlife but the nightlife scene here is not inferior its just a different type of scene. Miami has a lot of the international tourist, name better be on the list or youre not getting in type clubs like you see in LA and Vegas. Dallas has a diverse bar scene and nice dance clubs. By no means is Dallas lacking in nightlife, is it the same as Miami..No. Is it boring in Dallas? Absolutely not.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:28 PM

I actually have a pretty neutral accent, like I don't sound like I'm straight outta Brooklyn. I basically have what some people call a "California accent" but still when I meet people they know I'm from the Northeast. I tend to sound a lot more like a New Yorker when I get mad though lol.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:31 PM

Ofcourse Dallas isn't boring, if you have a hard time finding something to do in any major city, you're probably just a loser lol.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Ofcourse Dallas isn't boring, if you have a hard time finding something to do in any major city, you're probably just a loser lol.
Exactly.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:35 PM

910 posts, read 1,083,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Dallas-Fort Worth has more attractions than this, Six Flags over Texas, Cowboys Stadium, etc is in Tarrant County that is where all the major attractions are located.

That's all we needed to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City