Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which county is better?
Dallas County 41 40.59%
Miami-Dade County 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 10:17 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
The same can be said about MIami people come there to do buisness also and are WELL entertained and have lots of fun... I myself never said Dallas was boring...

If someone says Dallas is boring that's there opinon.. You can't debate that.... People have found Miami LA NYC to be overrated and boring... If u have lots of fun in Dallas that's great.. But I do have 3 friends from Dallas there naitives they live here in Atlanta and there African American males.. They too say there is nothing exciting about Dallas and they were waiting to get away.. They also said there isn't much of a scene for African Americans.. He said most of to AA always end up going to Houston.. Another note is people also are visual people .. And I could see why people would say they think Dallas would be boring. Why because unlike Miami, there aren't any world known nightlife districts in Dallas... The media for reason ignores the vibrancy of Dallas.... The only thing the makes me think of Dallas is the cowboys.. I don't know what else it's known for... I'm from Miami and trust I only visit on holiday weekends.. I myself would never live back in Miami and I never recommended anyone to live there... I would probably recommend. Dallas over Miami if I knew what the person was looking for.. But if I had to choose either Dallas county or Dade county and those werethe only too places to choose from it would be Dade county.... For these reason Job nightlife shopping and my culture is heavily represented there..
I guess that explains why Dallas gained more blacks than Houston in the last 10 years.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:33 AM

213 posts, read 420,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I guess that explains why Dallas gained more blacks than Houston in the last 10 years.
Let me clarify... I was talking about Nightlife I wasnt talking about in Living terms or migration terms , The african american Gay and straight scene far as hip hop urban clubs is alot better in Houston than Dallas. Thats what Im referring too... Living wise and job wise they both seem too be on the same page in that Dept

Old 06-19-2010, 12:21 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Woow what a come back.. It's the original but not the largest...
Who cares, all the other Six Flags parks are copies of the original.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Last time I checked this was about Dallas county now if u wanna add ft worth then I'll FT lauderdale... Cowboys stadium wow what a exciting attracttion. I can't see people traveling from around the world wanting just too see a stadium.Now I can give u a list of things as too why people would travel from around the world to visit Miami. I don't need a six flags or theme if I do Orlando is right up the road.. Please let's not get into cultural attractions and things to do I would not want to wipe the floor with that topic...Now to u no city in the south can compare to Dallas... In anything... Now I'll give Dallas about 7 or 8 years u will be wanting to move somewhere else.....
People do travel around the world to see the largest domed statdium in the world, the stadium is sooo beautiful. Dallas-Fort Worth is a place to live, Miami is a place to visit. That's why Dallas-Fort Worth is the 4th largest metro in the USA and it is the fast growing metro.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:33 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
People do travel around the world to see the largest domed statdium in the world, the stadium is sooo beautiful. Dallas-Fort Worth is a place to live, Miami is a place to visit. That's why Dallas-Fort Worth is the 4th largest metro in the USA and it is the fast growing metro.
I wanna see you tell the 2.5 Million in Dade county Miami is not a place to live. tell that to the 1.7 million in broward county which about 10-20% of them would live in dade if there was rooM.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:33 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Ok, but Miami's metro is like 7th. 5.5 Million people live in South Florida, stop with the whole "it's just a place to visit" bs.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
I wanna see you tell the 2.5 Million in Dade county Miami is not a place to live. tell that to the 1.7 million in broward county which about 10-20% of them would live in dade if there was rooM.
Tarrant County has 1,789,900.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Whats your point? What does that have to do with you telling the over 4, million people in those 2 counties Miami Dade is a bad place to live and work huh?

Old 06-19-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Broward County has : 1,766,476

Broward County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Old 06-19-2010, 12:59 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Let me clarify... I was talking about Nightlife I wasnt talking about in Living terms or migration terms , The african american Gay and straight scene far as hip hop urban clubs is alot better in Houston than Dallas. Thats what Im referring too... Living wise and job wise they both seem too be on the same page in that Dept
This is all so subjective.

I would be inclined to say that Dallas has better nightlife because I like raves/trance/dance/electronica and their clubs. That stuff is alot better in Dallas than Houston or Atlanta. Its obviously biggest in Miami.

Now am I going to say that because Dallas' nightlife is more geared to my taste than Atlanta or Houston its more fun overall? No.

Youre making a specific suggestion and trying to draw a broad conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City