Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which county is better?
Dallas County 41 40.59%
Miami-Dade County 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:26 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Broward, Palm Beach, and Dade are also HUGE counties. I don't know why everyone is ignoring this fact and calling Texas counties huge.
Yeah, "Wow, DFW Metroplex has some small counties, but South Florida counties are huge though." Thats what I said about 15 minutes ago. Until I realized that the Metroplex counties are actually huge too, I forgot we're talking about Texas where everything is big.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:29 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,186 times
Quote:
Broward, Palm Beach, and Dade are also HUGE counties. I don't know why everyone is ignoring this fact and calling Texas counties huge.
The largest county in Texas is Brewster 6,193 sq mi, Texas has the most counties in the USA 254 counties.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:32 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,209,973 times
Quote:
Ok and, they dont use the whole county like Dallas does. Whats your point?

Old 06-19-2010, 01:41 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Ok and, they dont use the whole county like Dallas does. Whats your point?
There is a 6,000 acre forest in the middle of the city, but it doesn't compare to the everglades.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:24 PM

213 posts, read 420,930 times
Quote:
I understand that. I was just confused on the whole "Dallas is only fun for you because you're from LA" argument. I mean, everything might close at 2, but pound for pound LA is number 2 to only NYC in entertainment and all around fun. I'm talking BEYOND nightlife.
Well Im referring to Nightlife because its a form of entertainment... During the Day Im at work so the only thing entertaining me are clients. When I get off thats when I seek my entertainment.. Now if I was on vacation which is twice a year. Yes LA was more entertaining. but After 10pm it wasnt that entertaining......

Old 06-19-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
People do travel around the world to see the largest domed statdium in the world, the stadium is sooo beautiful. Dallas-Fort Worth is a place to live, Miami is a place to visit. That's why Dallas-Fort Worth is the 4th largest metro in the USA and it is the fast growing metro.

LOL!!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
This is all so subjective.

I would be inclined to say that Dallas has better nightlife because I like raves/trance/dance/electronica and their clubs. That stuff is alot better in Dallas than Houston or Atlanta. Its obviously biggest in Miami.

Now am I going to say that because Dallas' nightlife is more geared to my taste than Atlanta or Houston its more fun overall? No.

Youre making a specific suggestion and trying to draw a broad conclusion.
Miami is big for it all. what I was trying to say is why some people may find Dallas to be boring and some may not.. Certain cities are geared to catering to certain lifestyles for people some cities carry it all. And Houston and Atlanta excel in The African American culture and Miami caters to all...

Old 06-19-2010, 03:34 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Miami is big for it all. what I was trying to say is why some people may find Dallas to be boring and some may not.. Certain cities are geared to catering to certain lifestyles for people some cities carry it all. And Houston and Atlanta excel in The African American culture and Miami caters to all...
Houston has ranked in top lists for other races outside African Americans. Hispanics and Asians for once.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Houston has ranked in top lists for other races outside African Americans. Hispanics and Asians for once.

Im talking only for nightlife and entertainment There are more urban hip hop clubs there than anything..... Houstons entertainment is not more geared towards Asians

Old 06-19-2010, 04:18 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Either way, I find it hard to believe that a city that is almost 1/4 African-American can be boring for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City