Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which county is better?
Dallas County 41 40.59%
Miami-Dade County 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
His wallet isn't overrated.. And u guys are going be in for a surprise on his next movie.. Since u think he is repetitive.. Just like we'st craven was repetitive with his horror movies... I'm so glad that man has a strong back and still keeps pushing and doing what he does despite they way people dawg him out....If people can sit around and watch a thousand sequels of Jason and Michael meyers which they tend to be the same stuff.. Then I don't see nothing wrong with Tyler Perry doing what he does best. Bring reality and things that go on with people And there families... But anyway......
You can't even compare Tyler Perry to Wes Craven and Wes Craven movies are original. Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street, Last House on the Left, and more. All of those are completely different from one another.

I respect Tyler Perry for his hustle and motivation, but his movies so far have been very predictable and repetitive. They are too dramatic and he throws in useless issues and drama just to shock the audience (The woman revealing her father raped her as a child in Madea's Family Reunion was so lame and unnecessary; it did nothing for the movie).

You want to talk about good black directors??? Spike Lee, John Singleton, and Albert and Allen Hughes. Now those are good black directors; Tyler Perry can't touch them imo.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:07 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
His wallet isn't overrated.. And u guys are going be in for a surprise on his next movie.. Since u think he is repetitive.. Just like we'st craven was repetitive with his horror movies... I'm so glad that man has a strong back and still keeps pushing and doing what he does despite they way people dawg him out....If people can sit around and watch a thousand sequels of Jason and Michael meyers which they tend to be the same stuff.. Then I don't see nothing wrong with Tyler Perry doing what he does best. Bring reality and things that go on with people And there families... But anyway......
There HORROR movies, there supposed to be repetitive and about the same guy. No one is supposed to take those movies seriously as people try to take Tyler Perry's movies. Since when do you ever here someone thinking "maybe the actors on Jason will get an Oscar". No one is supposed to take those movies to heart the same way you're supposed to with Tyler Perry. Apples and Oranges. And I know his wallet is FAT, and he's making MAD money, but so is Soulja Boy, so what does that tell you?

Last edited by polo89; 06-23-2010 at 12:16 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You can't even compare Tyler Perry to Wes Craven and Wes Craven movies are original. Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street, Last House on the Left, and more. All of those are completely different from one another.

I respect Tyler Perry for his hustle and motivation, but his movies so far have been very predictable and repetitive. They are too dramatic and he throws in useless issues and drama just to shock the audience (The woman revealing her father raped her as a child in Madea's Family Reunion was so lame and unnecessary; it did nothing for the movie).

You want to talk about good black directors??? Spike Lee, John Singleton, and Albert and Allen Hughes. Now those are good black directors; Tyler Perry can't touch them imo.
Exactly I forgot those movies were also Wes Crave. I new Nightmare On Elm Street was Wes Craven, but I forgot those others were. Yep, Tyler can't compare to these. It's such an Apples and Oranges comparison. And Spike Lee, John Singleton, and the Hughes Brothers are 50 notches above Tyler Perry.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:16 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,248,041 times
While I respect Tyler Perry's business acumen and hustle, I still find him to be a hack who panders simplified messages of fantasy to his audience. I know he knows who breads his butter (like I said before, I swear my mom is the only churchgoing, southern black woman in her 50's that can't stand TP plays and films, LOL), and that's fine, but it would be nice if he could expand from his normal, formulaic approach. I thought the first "Why Did I Get Married" and "The Family That Preys" were steps in the right direction.

I still say that he would be a great soap opera writer. The "everything but the kitchen sink" plots, over-the-top dramatics and formulaic approach works better in that genre and people don't seem to take them as seriously as movies.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:27 PM

213 posts, read 420,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

There old outdated expired Directors. Spike lees crookyln was not any different from anything tyler perry put out nor was school dayz or Jungle fever. what was so oscar winning about those movies... Right now we are being a critic about a man who really can give 2 cents on how we feel. He has already built his fan base and thats why his pockets are where they are now.. Your working a 9 to 5 every day making chump change while he is making millions... At the end of the day he would sit back and laugh at you...

Old 06-23-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
There HORROR movies, there supposed to be repetitive and about the same guy. No one is supposed to take those movies seriously as people try to take Tyler Perry's movies. Since when do you ever here someone thinking "maybe the actors on Jason will get an Oscar". No one is supposed to take those movies to heart the same way you're supposed to with Tyler Perry. Apples and Oranges. And I know his wallet is FAT, and he's making MAD money, but so is Soulja Boy, so what does that tell you?

It shows someone likes his work.... and that there well established people in there respective careers. Wheres we are on here debating about directors while they are still making millions...

Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 PM

Back to Dallas vs Miami... Before this gets way out of hand...

Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
It's funny how much threads change. 3 pages ago was Dallas County vs. Miami-Dade County, the last page was Dallas DART vs. Miami Metrorail, this page is about Tyler Perry rofl wtf.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:43 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Let's get back on subject please.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:48 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Let's get back on subject please.
As if the horse wasnt dead enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City