Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times

Advertisements

I've lived in a few cities and for summers Seattle imo is my all time favorite. Long sunny days, blue skies, very little if any rain at all. Not too hot or humid, and like someone said very few bugs. Just right for me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 10:54 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,971,930 times
I like Houston's the best

Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,827,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishamericandreamer15 View Post
Which major city in the states has the best summer weather and what cities summer do you prefer out of these...

Boston?
NY?
Philadelphia?
DC?
Atlanta?
Miami?
Houston?
Chicago?
Phoenix?
LA?
Seattle?
Boston, NYC, Miami for sure, LA

Old 07-12-2010, 03:55 PM

938 posts, read 4,093,320 times
I've always been a fan of summer in LA. The near-perfect weather (though, this year's has been less than desirable), buzz/vibe, and sheer amount of things to do are hard to beat.

prettyugly.: Summertime in LA

Old 07-12-2010, 10:04 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Anywhere where it doesnt get above 90 degrees regularly. Chicago's summers can be hot and sticky at times, cool and dry at other times. The further north you go, the better, simple as that. Summers in MI's UP are simply amazing. Nice breezes, cool temps (75-80 degrees), comfortable humidities, deep, deep blue skies. Pure serenity, especially if youre on a beach surrounded by sand dunes.
Seems to me like Illinois is a "tall" enough state that the weather can vary dramatically from one end to the other. The temperature can be between 82 and 88 in Chicago for a period of a couple of weeks while the southern end of the state routinely pushes 100 during the same period of time. I think Illinois' record high temperature is 117, and was probably set somewhere south of I-72.

TRIVIA: Chicago is about the same latitude as Erie, PA while Cairo, IL is about the same latitude as Newport News, VA.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:20 AM

59 posts, read 134,069 times
I know cities on the east coast like NY,Boston,Philly,DC and Atlanta are huimd inthe summers, but is chicago like that also?

Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 AM

1,780 posts, read 1,759,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Wind View Post
In my experence the “on the Beach”…the East Coast has far better summer weather...than the West Coast. Why, because they have a real summer. Anywhere north of the San Diego/southern Orange County really has few hot days on the beach...and the freezing cold Pacific just adds to the misery..

On the West Coast…for the average person… the Pacific is unswimable north of Santa Barbara. One really notices the difference the further south you go on the East Coast: Once you get along the beaches in southern New Jersey/Maryland…the ocean is much more comfortable than the cold Pacific…and once you have been to places like Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, Florida …etc and spend time in 82 -84 F ocean waters…you’ll be spoiled for ever going in the Pacific again – lol. They laugh on the East Coast when you call 66 F ocean temps "warm" - lol.

As far as the weather… I want summer to feel like SUMMER! I don’t live on the beach to wear a sweatshirt. On the West Coast that “cool breeze” means cool summer days on the beach. On East Coast beaches in summer, it feels like the Caribbean Islands… hot, humid breezy, etc. On the East Coast you can fall sleep under a beach umbrella in the shade all day with nothing on but shorts on. I have no tolerance for “sweatshirt weather” on the coast in summer. I want Jamaica –lol!
I laugh when people from the East Coast who say they are tough and rugged think of 66 as cold.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:58 AM

1,717 posts, read 4,648,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I have a family member in Seattle right now serving in the Navy and they say it hasn't gotten above 60 degrees yet, and it rains like every other day, for pretty much the whole day.
Our summers don't start until the 5th of July. Seriously.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,648,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
I like Houston's the best
That's funny. Houston in the summer? The word hellacious comes to mind.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 PM

50,344 posts, read 63,928,555 times
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking someplace in the Blue Ridge Mountains around Asheville, or in the mountains in Tennessee would probably be awesome in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City