Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 08:35 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
I don't mind high heat (95+) as long as there is low humidity, so Dallas and Phoenix seem fine to me. But San Diego wins easily. Been to SF, was a little too cool for the summer, felt more like April than July.
115F doesn't feel good dry IMHO. In the southeast I've never really felt concern for my own safety or having a heat stroke when outdoors. Phoenix has very dangerous heat in the summer months. It bakes and there is little cover for relief due to the lack of trees. I prefer dry weather overall but would easily take a summer in the southeast over the hot desert summers.

Now San Diego has perfect weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 06:17 PM

72 posts, read 97,275 times
Orlando. It feels like a sauna during the summer and you are guaranteed an awesome light show in the sky every day/night. It's amazing.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:20 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,517,044 times
Buffalo, New York

It's very warm, but never hot, and just humid enough for the occasional thunderstorm. No tornadoes!

Old 02-16-2014, 09:00 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,294,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
For weather itself, I'd say LA in the non-valley part, or San Diego, though San Diego is a tiny bit too cold for me in the summer, but it's still really nice. For things to do, I'd say Chicago.
You think Chicago has more (or more fun) "things to do" than NY?

Old 02-16-2014, 09:16 PM

349 posts, read 572,846 times
New Yorkers can sometimes have the worst Prom queen/entitlement syndrome complex in the world. Lots of fun things to do in the summer in NYC: Burn up in heat pits of hell in the subway, get wonderful whiffs of the aroma of rotting trash on the street, or get the hell out of NYC and go to the Hamptons like everyone else does. Sounds like loads of fun.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:28 PM

2,545 posts, read 3,294,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonsta View Post
New Yorkers can sometimes have the worst Prom queen/entitlement syndrome complex in the world. Lots of fun things to do in the summer in NYC: Burn up in heat pits of hell in the subway, get wonderful whiffs of the aroma of rotting trash on the street, or get the hell out of NYC and go to the Hamptons like everyone else does. Sounds like loads of fun.
Yeah you can do that. Or you can enjoy the best neighborhoods in the country, the best museums, the best nightlife, music festivals galore, beautiful ocean beaches a train (or boat) ride away and soak up the dizzying energy of the most vibrant and cosmopolitan city in the country. Your choice.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:33 PM

.......which will be perfect for another season not summer.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:35 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,419,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonsta View Post
Chicago has the same summer temps and slightly higher humidity, and I'm pretty sure they have garbage and transit too. They don't have the Hamptons, though.

Anyone who complains about NYC summer temps and humidity wouldn't be any happier in Chicago.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:36 PM

Except they have a natural air conditioned body of water and beaches steps away, and no, no garbage on the streets, and the EL is like Alaska compared to the NYC subway in the summer.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:39 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,403 times
best ........San Diego and it's not even close

worst........Seattle (no summer) or Houston (It's like a sauna)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City