Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,954,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
in other words you know next to nothing about Hawaii. Drive the heavenly road to Hana on Maui and then get back to me.
He's right.

Not everyone's idea of romantic is the same. Me personally, New York or San Francisco or Boston would be towards the top.

Something about refined big city amenities and a pleasant walk with light jackets on a chilly night through a neighborhood with tree lined streets with row-homes after dinner on the 45th story with a view of the city, speaks of a night of success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 10:23 PM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Lyoko View Post
He's right.

Not everyone's idea of romantic is the same. Me personally, New York or San Francisco or Boston would be towards the top.

Something about refined big city amenities and a pleasant walk with light jackets on a chilly night through a neighborhood with tree lined streets with row-homes after dinner on the 45th story with a view of the city, speaks of a night of success.
While that's true, I just thought a remark of warm beaches and coconut bras was a very poor representation of Hawaii when its so much more than that, especially in terms of romance.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 PM

309 posts, read 759,475 times
San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, and Montreal.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 AM

580 posts, read 964,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Which city pulls at your heart strings? A city that you don't reside in but would love to visit time and time again? This is not limited to major cities, could be a small resort city as well. A city that you have a genuine affection for, along the lines of "I left my heart in San Francisco". Tell us why you think it is romantic.
New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles (something about old Hollywood seems to be romanticized). There are many movies and songs taking place in these cities and there are plenty of beautiful architectural landmarks to kiss or snuggle under. these are also the old cities. The ones that grew up and developed during and because of the country's greatest triumphs and challenges. These are the places where unknowns came, struck it rich or built themselves up in some way to make themselves larger than life.

Las Vegas (even though I live here) seems to be a nice place too. There are chapels here and its a very popular marriage city. That's what I think anyway.

I'm not sure if I have genuine affection for any city to be honest. They're all great and I wouldn't mind visiting all of them time and time again.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 AM

477 posts, read 802,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007jamesbond View Post
San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, and Montreal.
Mostly agree,

except take out Seattle and replace it with Quebec City

Old 04-23-2013, 11:22 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Not everybody's idea of romantic is hot sunny beaches with coconut bras you know.
I never said it was everyone's idea of romance. I said it was MY idea. And there's much more to Hawaii than that. Maybe you should visit the place before making judgements.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Large parts of SF are romantic. Seattle can be as well. Boston/Cambridge around the Charles River and other areas are beautiful... NYC around Central Park... I've always thought that the high desert is romantic as well. Very scenic and clean and natural. The California and Oregon coast, Vancouver Island and Victoria, all beautiful and romantic places to me.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:31 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,132,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
Quebec City
New York
San Francisco
Montreal
Savannah
Santa Fe
Good list. Light on Mexican cities, though. Mexico City? San Miguel?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:34 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,132,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I never said it was everyone's idea of romance. I said it was MY idea. And there's much more to Hawaii than that. Maybe you should visit the place before making judgements.
Yeah, Waikiki is the most touristy beach in Hawaii by day (coconut bra-style) but is amazingly romantic and quiet at night.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
I prefer Lanikai Beach. Most beautiful beach I've ever seen (and I've been to the Caribbean/FL/CA), and the seclusion and setting are so romantic.

As for Mexico, Cabo is also romantic. I can't imagine Cancun would be, but Tulum maybe. I hope to get out to the Riviera Maya someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City