Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 01:03 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
If I were to list Florida cities, well actually let me try off the top of my head and i'm from MN..

Florida
Miami (Obviously) + (Miami Beach, Hileah, Dade County, Ft. Lauderdale)
Daytona Beach
Tampa/St. Pete
Gainsville
Tallahassee
Orlando
Fort Meyers (MN Twins Farm team)
Sarasota
Pensacola
Vero Beach
hmm... That's about it I can rattle off now..
Yeah St. Agustine maybe, I remember hearing about it in school but doesn't pop to the top of my head
I'm not bashing your list but I See you didn't include Jacksonville, Key West, Ft. lauderdale(As Its Own City) West Palm Beach, Panama City (Spring Break) which is why I chose it as the best state with a line up of cities. I means seriously you can mix and match Floridas cities easy.

I agree though. St. Augustine just wont pop off first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 01:11 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Isn't this thread about states with the best lineup of cities? Not states with the most recognizable cities. As you can see in an earlier post of mine on this thread, I listed 16 Florida cities off the top of my head.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:18 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,870,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Isn't this thread about states with the best lineup of cities? Not states with the most recognizable cities. As you can see in an earlier post of mine on this thread, I listed 16 Florida cities off the top of my head.
It is "best", and part of the problem is that there's no criteria laid out to define what "best" is in this thread. That's why some of us are attributing "best" with "most recognizable" unintentionally.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
It is "best", and part of the problem is that there's no criteria laid out to define what "best" is in this thread. That's why some of us are attributing "best" with "most recognizable" unintentionally.
The same as some us decipher the word best as "Most to Offer"

Old 06-18-2010, 01:30 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,870,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
The same as some us decipher the word best as "Most to Offer"
Funny enough, when I looked back at the original posting, there was criteria that outlined what best is, but I think the fact that cities must have national recognition is what has everyone confused. So, it's culture and amenities (and how diverse they are compared to each other), plus the cities have to be nationally recognized...however you determine that

Old 06-18-2010, 01:32 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I think people underestimate NJ - only a handful of states have more large metros even without the two largest cities that anchor the state (that both reside on the Jersey border)

After CA, TX, FL, PA, OH, NY, and NC I would think Jersey would actually be next

And I think PA would actually have more large cities/metros than NC or OH but pretty close
It doesn't

Old 06-18-2010, 01:35 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
It doesn't

Actually it does - well tie with Ohio and has more in the top 200 than either as well

From another thread states with the most top 100 metros:

California: 10
Florida: 8
Pennsylvania: 7
Ohio: 7
New York: 6
Texas: 6
South Carolina: 5
Massachusetts: 4
Indiana: 4
Wisconsin: 4
North Carolina: 4
Tennessee: 4

Old 06-18-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Funny enough, when I looked back at the original posting, there was criteria that outlined what best is, but I think the fact that cities must have national recognition is what has everyone confused. So, it's culture and amenities (and how diverse they are compared to each other), plus the cities have to be nationally recognized...however you determine that
True. I would think one would include the NATIONALLY recognized cities anyhow, then however add cities based on the criteria you just gave. Which in my mind leads me to Florida as having the best line up.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:48 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
True. I would think one would include the NATIONALLY recognized cities anyhow, then however add cities based on the criteria you just gave. Which in my mind leads me to Florida as having the best line up.

Honestly CA and TX have more prominent cities

Miami is the only one that is even remotely close to any of the majors from either of those two states

Old 06-18-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Honestly CA and TX have more prominent cities

Miami is the only one that is even remotely close to any of the majors from either of those two states
They do not all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City