Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:57 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Lmao, the grease is goooood. I just don't like how thick the crust is on Chicago style.
Just as long as it doesn't pool up it's fine. Pepperoni slices always seem to have a pool of grease. You're leaving out Chicago-style thin crust which is actually what most people here eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Just as long as it doesn't pool up it's fine. Pepperoni slices always seem to have a pool of grease. You're leaving out Chicago-style thin crust which is actually what most people here eat.
Yeah I work at a pizza shop lol, pepperoni's definitely hold a lot of grease especially when heated up. Oh thin crust is good .

Old 07-04-2010, 08:33 PM

705 posts, read 1,660,971 times
Quote:
Sorry New York, but there should be more cheese than grease on the pizza.
Yikes, someone from a place with a terrible pizza pedigree, criticizing New York pizza? Really? Chicago single handedly ruined the hot dog and the pizza, with their , gross renditions.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:39 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisnuffy View Post
Yikes, someone from a place with a terrible pizza pedigree, criticizing New York pizza? Really? Chicago single handedly ruined the hot dog and the pizza, with their , gross renditions.
LOL! Well that's your opinion on how it tastes to you or not. For example, some people can like one kind but hate the other, all is fair.

I like any kind of pizza to be honest- as long as they get creative with it, not some Papa John's BS...

New York Style is a great but I can't imagine eating that everyday, Chicago style is great but I can't imagine eating that everyday either.

Buffalo Style is where it's at!

Oh and NY style, Chicago Style, Buffalo Style >>>>> California Pizza Kitchen.

Haha, just kidding around, but yeah all of them pwn.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:10 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,959,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I like the Primanti Bros. sandwich in Pittsburgh, even though some people think it's tacky simply because it was invented in Pittsburgh.

My favorite style of BBQ is Carolina-style, mainly due to the tangy sauce, but I've been to Arthur Bryant's BBQ in Kansas City, and I'd go again.

I'll be traveling to Chicago in September, so I look forward to trying a deep-dish pizza and Chicago-style hot dogs.
Primanti's is awesome. I remember in college, I went to Pittsburgh to visit a friend, and we ate a sandwich from Primanti's at PNC Park. It was delicious.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
That's nice coming from someone who attacks pretty much every city and anything associated with said city. Stop with the attacks or don't post. And as much as you might want to tell us, there is no excuse for all the hate that you post.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:55 PM

705 posts, read 1,660,971 times
Quote:
That's nice coming from someone who attacks pretty much every city and anything associated with said city. Stop with the attacks or don't post. And as much as you might want to tell us, there is no excuse for all the hate that you post.
I was not aware that you could not handle , light criticism.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Yeah I work at a pizza shop lol, pepperoni's definitely hold a lot of grease especially when heated up. Oh thin crust is good .
I always wondered what its like to work at a pizza joint. Do they let u get a slice or two for break? lol

Anyway, is chicagos pizza even authentic? Like is the concept made by italians? Everytime i see a chicago style pizza joint its always in a resteruant owned by an american named bob. Whereas nyc style seems more corner storish,owned by some guy named Vito. It just seems new yorks is more authentic, we were the first city to introduce it

o and real pizza does not require a knife and fork....

Old 07-05-2010, 08:08 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I always wondered what its like to work at a pizza joint. Do they let u get a slice or two for break? lol

Anyway, is chicagos pizza even authentic? Like is the concept made by italians? Everytime i see a chicago style pizza joint its always in a resteruant owned by an american named bob. Whereas nyc style seems more corner storish,owned by some guy named Vito. It just seems new yorks is more authentic, we were the first city to introduce it

o and real pizza does not require a knife and fork....
Maybe in New York City it's not authentic. But it sure is in Chicago.

Every place I've gone to here is not owned by some American dude named Bob.

I have like an album on my profile page with Chicago style pizza actually. It's made by hand, heated by over! Yeahhhhhh!!

Pshhh real Chicagoans can eat it without forks and knives, at least I can. My brother can't.

Anyways, I enjoy a good pizza regardless of what or where it's from. As long as it tastes good, it's all good.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I was not aware that you could not handle , light criticism.
It's different if you do it once or twice, but you do this every thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City