Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 01:50 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,870,564 times

Advertisements

Do people really care about what's within a 12 hour drive? I'd be flying in that case.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:00 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,371 times
I'm from ATL and have no qualms with Seattle. I'm sure that I'll have a blast in the Emerald City but I am an Atlanta native. Seattle does get points on its access to good seafood over ATL. They are both major cities soo.

There are a couple of metro areas that I'd take quickly over ATL but Seattle isn't one of them. There are some cities that I'd have more fun in over ATL and Seattle could very well be one of them.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:09 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,084,294 times
I have never even visited Seattle. I just moved to Atlanta and have lived in New Orleans, Los Angeles, and other smaller towns. In my opinion, Atlanta's natural assets are largely underrated - the topography (Atlanta is hilly!), the vast abundance of lush forest & foliage, the rivers/streams/lakes etc. I never thought I'd like it here as much as I actually do and just wanted to add my two cent...from a non-booster

I hear Seattle is great, but that infamous overcast just doesn't do it for us while Atlanta has incredibly distinct seasons/weather

Peace.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:06 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,256,042 times
Seattle is hilly, also. And super green and pretty. But yet they also have a pretty great street grid, at least compared to Atlanta.

And I'd like the temperatures better there, I'm sure. And the less humidity (actually it's the same or more humidity but at a lower dew point or whatever that is, so you don't feel it).

I would definitely not at all like the overcast grey most of the time. Atlanta trounces Seattle in the sunlight category.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:59 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,848,510 times
Atlanta is much greener in its central neighborhoods than Seattle. That's the one aspect where it has an advantage. Probably winter temperatures also.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:10 PM

828 posts, read 691,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlefanatic View Post
These are two great cities, first of all. Atlanta is my second favorite city in the nation after Seattle. They both have great restauraunts, museums, performing arts, etc. They also have relatively similar populations. I'm not sure on the political climate in Atlanta, but I'm pretty sure Georgia is red. These are two surprisingly similar cities in many aspects, however each city does have a one-up on eachother. IN MY OPINION, Seattle has better scenery, but Atlanta has such a rich history. It's also good to see how both Seattle and Atlanta have such passionate denizens, at least on City-Data anyway. What makes Atlanta better than Seattle, or Seattle better than Atlanta?
Both cities are cool, but they are so different that comparing them is almost like apples to oranges. It is really a matter of preference.

I find people friendlier and I prefer the culture in the Southeast, so +1 for Atlanta. Seattle is much more scenic though, so +1 for Seattle. The ocean is so cold in Seattle that it can't get any points for being coastal. I prefer hotter weather, so +1 for Atlanta. Seattle has a better beer scene, +1 for Seattle. It goes on and on like that, they don't have many comparable pros and cons.

I'm going to cast my vote for Atlanta though because of how friendly everyone there was while we were evacuated during hurricane Irma. The people of Georgia are what gives Atlanta the nod vs Seattle in my book, but both are great places.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:06 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
Both cities are cool, but they are so different that comparing them is almost like apples to oranges. It is really a matter of preference.

I find people friendlier and I prefer the culture in the Southeast, so +1 for Atlanta. Seattle is much more scenic though, so +1 for Seattle. The ocean is so cold in Seattle that it can't get any points for being coastal. I prefer hotter weather, so +1 for Atlanta. Seattle has a better beer scene, +1 for Seattle. It goes on and on like that, they don't have many comparable pros and cons.

I'm going to cast my vote for Atlanta though because of how friendly everyone there was while we were evacuated during hurricane Irma. The people of Georgia are what gives Atlanta the nod vs Seattle in my book, but both are great places.
I agree, the "Southern Hospitality" that you feel in Atlanta is a big advantage over "Seattle Freeze." The fact that Atlanta has a murder rate 6 times higher that Seattle would be a huge factor to me as far as locating there but otherwise, great city.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:01 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,415,518 times
Lol, acting like people are running around just shooting random people..

Old 09-14-2017, 09:31 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Atlanta is much greener in its central neighborhoods than Seattle. That's the one aspect where it has an advantage. Probably winter temperatures also.
I don't think Atlanta is 'MUCH' greener.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qOA49DzywY3tJR8D3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KSX1u35eEgGYkPJJ3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8i6Ar93MS20441a43

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WzGnI4m6SNe4rZ9q2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5Q9Zqwdn0QDc1JVl2

Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
Lol, acting like people are running around just shooting random people..
LOL....as if the 450 people murdered in Atlanta in the last 5 years don't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City