Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Northeast or the deep south
Northeast 277 63.68%
Deep South 158 36.32%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,154,197 times

Advertisements

I think this is a relative question. For instance, I'd rather live in a city in the South than the country in the Northeast. But, I'd prefer to live in a city in the NE rather than the country in the Southeast. I'd also prefer to live along the coast in either region rather than live inland. So, I cannot answer a blanket question like that of the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 10:45 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,637,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
Oh and if you want you can write an essay about how the "liberal media makes up dem lies!", I actually have things to do with mines so you can say all you want. As far as I am concerned, it is not changing my opinion of this place to the SLIGHTEST.

Seen it before hand and I have seen other places, the deep south does not even compare to the Northeast at all!
I think I'll use my own experience on the matter rather than someone who has never had to earn their own living in either place before.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:01 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
also vacationed there a lot, for at least a month every year

most people up north don't care to waste too much time putting down the south while most southerners are bragging about how the south is better than the "liberal" North which is full of libs, commies and so forth

makes me sick and it is funny when most of them play the role of victim to make it seem like people make fun of them, most people could care less for a place which is broke and has the fattest and poorest states in the country

I have my statistics to back that up

Fattest States 2010: CalorieLab's Annual Obesity Map - State Obesity Rankings

America's wealthiest (and poorest) states - Sep. 16, 2010

Let me show you how this goes

The Northeast is a massive, trash-ridden hellhole that slowly sucks the life out of every one of its inhabitants. I would rather blow my brains out with a shotgun than spend a waking moment in that festering cesspool of filth and scum and sadness called the Northeast.. And that phrase ONLY IN NYC is actually just a defense mechanism used to convince themselves that seeing a naked man take a **** on a park bench is somehow endearing, or part of some shared cultural experience.Well, I would never need to pay $2,000 a month to share a doghouse-sized apartment with some random Craigslist dip**** to prove my worth or because I want the convience of going to the next Bagel shop. The Northeast is rotten and it smells from there subways. Ornery guys in suits who work “in finance,†cars honking, sirens blaring, and people walking so fast they get arthritis in their knees when they’re not even thirty.

Now we can go back and forth with insults and see how silly this sounds but this is what you guys do to people from the south....but trust I have had my share in the NOrtheast and trust its not the land of milk and honey....

Old 09-21-2010, 11:14 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
C'mon, nobody ever credits MS or AL on much of anything. They're the "bottom of the barrel" states in terms of quality of life. I'm not personally bashing these states, but they're nationally thought of in this light.
That's the problem, and I'm sure you just wanted to hear what you expected.
(Before anyone jumps on me, I've been to Mobile and explored Picayune. I don't think too harshly of the two states, but they're defnitely among the most backward states in the nation.)

GA, SC, and LA get enough credit to compare (ATL, NO, Charleston)- Southerners are definitely the majority on this poll is what he was getting at. At least that's what I got out of it.
no offense, but I get so sick of hearing that. who made the decision that the northeast and the west were so FORWARD? this whole damn country is backwards, in my opinion

Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 AM

492 posts, read 1,026,903 times
Lets see, from my experience the average person in the deep south enjoys a better quality of life than the average person in the northeast......... so I think ill go with the deep south in that sense.

Trains and subways in the NE or owning possibly several cars in the deep south....... Ill take the deep south.

Owning a home in the deep south or a shoe box for an apartment in the NE................ DEEP SOUTH

Food...... Deep south.

Vibrancy......... North East.

Density........... North East.

Soul & Culture.............. Deep South

Sports................North East (deep south for football though)

Women...........Both

Music/Hip Hop...........Deep South

Joking around and adding fuel to the fire in this silly thread...............................PRICELESS!

Old 09-21-2010, 12:19 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
no offense, but I get so sick of hearing that. who made the decision that the northeast and the west were so FORWARD? this whole damn country is backwards, in my opinion
I never said that the whole south is backwards, I said MS/AL were backwards. And that's too bad that you're sick of hearing it, that's just was I and many others think.

I don't need to explain why, you're just another person trying to argue with me for the sake of arguing- And if you think this whole country is backwards, then you're in denial.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 PM

12 posts, read 6,386 times
^^This coming from the same guy who said Minneapolis was equally as ghetto as Newark (where he lives). Consider the source Al.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:40 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade_to_Spade View Post
^^This coming from the same guy who said Minneapolis was equally as ghetto as Newark (where he lives). Consider the source Al.
When did I say that?
I was comparing crime rates.

Go look for yourself, Minneapolis has a higher crime index.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:52 PM

12 posts, read 6,386 times
^^Why look again, I just did. To refresh your memory, the topic was regarding ghetto cities. You said Jackson MS was equally as ghetto as Compton, Detroit and New Orleans while Minneapolis was just as ghetto as Newark. Either you don't know what ghetto is, or we should pay you no attention. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:53 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade_to_Spade View Post
duly noted... no jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I never said that the whole south is backwards, I said MS/AL were backwards. And that's too bad that you're sick of hearing it, that's just was I and many others think.

I don't need to explain why, you're just another person trying to argue with me for the sake of arguing- And if you think this whole country is backwards, then you're in denial.
calm down. i wasn't trying to attack you, or anything like that. all i'm saying is that this is kind of the arrogant mentality that many westerners and northerners have that really irritates the hell out of us down south. who are you to say what is and what isn't backwards? in my experiences, people in mississippi and alabama were very kind and hospitable, and i'm sure that to them, people from places like new york or san francisco are the ones that are backwards

seriously, the deep south is backwards in the sense that they're not very socially "progressive" (something i don't like), but places up north and out west are backwards with their self-righteous attitudes and persistence to shove their liberal agendas down everyone's throat (something i also don't like).

this whole country has their f'd up ways of thinking. that's why i said everywhere is backwards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City